Next Rev Elite Spec WILL be Daggers

Kain Francois.4328

Simply put, the Revenant gets a weapon to fill a niche the class doesn’t have. Compare with what the class currently has. See my Tl;dr at the bottom.

✔️ Sword/sword: Fast, power dps✔️ Hammer: Slow, long range damage✔️ Staff: Healing/supportive set✔️ Shield: Useless outside Deimos✔️Mace/axe: Condi melee dps set✔️Shortbow: Mid-range condi dps set good on large hitboxes

We are missing a single-handed ranged condi weapon with a focus on burst damage, contrasting Mace as a steady dps Condi weapon. We are also missing a condi offhand to properly replace Axe from its current hybrid role.

Compare with the Rev’s current options. Excluding them based on what we currently have, the next elite specialization won't be supportive or hybrid support since we already got Herald and Renegade for both defensive and offensive support. Glint is power, while Kalla is hybrid with offensive support via Soulcleave Summit. It will thus' have to be condi spec.

MH axe: Will it be condi? We have mainhand mace for that. And power? Already got MH sword.

Focus: Defensive niche filled by shield, is going to compete with both Sword and Axe offhand.

Warhorn: Glint and Renegade are both supportive specs.

Torch: Possible option, but needs a new mainhand

Offhand mace: Can't be because it needs to include a new mainhand

Longbow: Already have shortboow on renegade as bow nich

Rifle: Hammer fills long range niche for power. Does not match Revenant theme.

Pistol: See above.

Scepter: Lacks synergy with Revenant offhand, needs a new offhand.

Greatsword: Power based spec, which Glint already fulfills.

✔️Daggers: Throwing daggers MH for long range condi dps, OH daggers for burst condi to replace our hybrid dps axe.

Tl;dr: Next elite spec will be a selfish condi based spec, because both Herald and Renegade are support the former being Power, and the latter Hybrid. Revenant lacks a ranged condi MH and a condi OH, dual daggers is the only viable option.

Keep this thread in mind. See you 1 year from now.

Melee power : sword/swordMelee condi : mace/axeRange power : hammerRange condi : shortbowHealing : staff

Glint & Renegade are more about support rather than damageNext elite specialization will not be about supporting the team but being supported by a team / selfish.

The more likely weapons IMO: Longbow, Greatsword, Scepter, Daggers, Pistols

@Kulvar.1239 said:Melee power : sword/swordMelee condi : mace/axeRange power : hammerRange condi : shortbowHealing : staff

Glint & Renegade are more about support rather than damageNext elite specialization will not be about supporting the team but being supported by a team / selfish.

The more likely weapons IMO: Longbow, Greatsword, Scepter, Daggers, Pistols

I prefer Greataxe if they can pull that off

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Why no ranged greatsword with control elements?Just saying that a weapon will fulfill a specific niche just because other professions use it in such a way is kinda shortsighted.

Because we have enough two hander ranged weapons. We need 2 hander melee dps weapon now.

Well fair enough. The main part here is GS xD

Its kinda an iconic weapon in the game and still missing on the last soldier profession.Some kinda dervish e-spec with GS would be neato.

@Kain Francois.4328 said:Simply put, the Revenant gets a weapon to fill a niche the class doesn’t have. Compare with what the class currently has. See my Tl;dr at the bottom.

✔️ Sword/sword: Fast, power dps✔️ Hammer: Slow, long range damage✔️ Staff: Healing/supportive set✔️ Shield: Useless outside Deimos✔️Mace/axe: Condi melee dps set✔️Shortbow: Mid-range condi dps set good on large hitboxes

We are missing a single-handed ranged condi weapon with a focus on burst damage, contrasting Mace as a steady dps Condi weapon. We are also missing a condi offhand to properly replace Axe from its current hybrid role.

Compare with the Rev’s current options. Excluding them based on what we currently have, the next elite specialization won't be supportive or hybrid support since we already got Herald and Renegade for both defensive and offensive support. Glint is power, while Kalla is hybrid with offensive support via Soulcleave Summit. It will thus' have to be condi spec.

MH axe: Will it be condi? We have mainhand mace for that. And power? Already got MH sword.

Focus: Defensive niche filled by shield, is going to compete with both Sword and Axe offhand.

Warhorn: Glint and Renegade are both supportive specs.

Torch: Possible option, but needs a new mainhand

Offhand mace: Can't be because it needs to include a new mainhand

Longbow: Already have shortboow on renegade as bow nich

Rifle: Hammer fills long range niche for power. Does not match Revenant theme.

Pistol: See above.

Scepter: Lacks synergy with Revenant offhand, needs a new offhand.

Greatsword: Power based spec, which Glint already fulfills.

✔️Daggers: Throwing daggers MH for long range condi dps, OH daggers for burst condi to replace our hybrid dps axe.

Tl;dr: Next elite spec will be a selfish condi based spec, because both Herald and Renegade are support the former being Power, and the latter Hybrid. Revenant lacks a ranged condi MH and a condi OH, dual daggers is the only viable option.

Keep this thread in mind. See you 1 year from now.

You’ve got some misinformation/opinion only, but nice presentation.

I’d actually be ok with a dual dagger espec.

I really hope the next Elite would be Great Sword.1) It's the most requested.2) It fits thematically.3) It could fulfill multiple roles.

The only other weapon I could strongly see is Dual Pistols.1) It could be the first and only soldier profession with this weapon.2) They could use the mist to channel a future legend.3) The could show how to use Pistols in an unconventional way.

@VocalThought.9835 said:The only other weapon I could strongly see is Dual Pistols.1) It could be the first and only soldier profession with this weapon.2) They could use the mist to channel a future legend.3) The could show how to use Pistols in an unconventional way.

I kinda want to see Pistols on Guardian, of all things. They could draw inspiration from vampire hunters who use silver bullets. Maybe make something like Billy from Xenogears.

@Kain Francois.4328 said:

@VocalThought.9835 said:The only other weapon I could strongly see is Dual Pistols.1) It could be the first and only soldier profession with this weapon.2) They could use the mist to channel a future legend.3) The could show how to use Pistols in an unconventional way.

I kinda want to see Pistols on Guardian, of all things. They could draw inspiration from vampire hunters who use silver bullets. Maybe make something like Billy from Xenogears.

No vampires in Tyria though. Let's keep it that way too. I dislike sparkly things.

@Yannir.4132 said:

No vampires in Tyria though. Let's keep it that way too. I dislike sparkly things.

Nah, you just have Neccromacer players who wear a thousand and one auras.

@Kain Francois.4328 said:

Nah, you just have Neccromacer players who wear a thousand and one auras.

Coming full circle, I think dual pistols would also be a pretty cool spec for Necromancers... They could like draw in life-force from enemies via their offhand pistol, and then spend it as ammo to pew pew out of their mainland pistol.