One Man's Take on Path of Fire

I just wanted to write this post because I feel like right after a big expansion there is a tendency for posts to be overwhelmingly negative, and I just wanted to let ArenaNet know that there is at least 1 player that that absolutely LOVED this expansion. I was trying to figure out why exactly it is, and I think it would be because out of all of Guild Wars 2, Path of Fire feels most like the original Guild Wars than anything that has been made yet. There is very little in the way of magitech, instead everything feels like a real fantasy. This isn't to say that I hate the magitech/steampunk themes that areas hold, but it has significantly changed the way in which the games feel.

Now there are many more incredible things I love about this game. Mounts are fantastic once you learn how to use them. The maps are incredible, and I have only significantly mapped Desert Highlands and Crystal Oasis! I even felt drawn and moved by the story of the game even though I personally hated the way in which it went with Balthazar's personality and motives. Heck, I even accepted the fact that I had to kill Balthazar even though it felt so wrong (I was Kasmeer the whole stinking time). I just wanted to write all of this to give a round of applause to the whole Expansion team. Even though it wasn't perfect, it was an incredible ride, and I very much look forward to the next Living Story.

@Narcemus.1348 said:I just wanted to write this post because I feel like right after a big expansion there is a tendency for posts to be overwhelmingly negative, and I just wanted to let ArenaNet know that there is at least 1 player that that absolutely LOVED this expansion.

You are wrong, I wrote a praise a week ago ;) , and there has been a lot of positive feedback.

@Narcemus.1348 said:I was trying to figure out why exactly it is, and I think it would be because out of all of Guild Wars 2, Path of Fire feels most like the original Guild Wars than anything that has been made yet. There is very little in the way of magitech, instead everything feels like a real fantasy.

I couldn't agree more. :+1:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Narcemus.1348 said:I just wanted to write this post because I feel like right after a big expansion there is a tendency for posts to be overwhelmingly negative, and I just wanted to let ArenaNet know that there is at least 1 player that that absolutely LOVED this expansion.

You are wrong, I wrote a praise a week ago ;) , and there has been a lot of positive feedback.

@Narcemus.1348 said:I was trying to figure out why exactly it is, and I think it would be because out of all of Guild Wars 2, Path of Fire feels most like the original Guild Wars than anything that has been made yet. There is very little in the way of magitech, instead everything feels like a real fantasy.

I couldn't agree more. :+1:

I likely spend too much time in the Lore section where people tend to be nitpicky or just extremely intense about their feelings. :smile:

I loved this expansion as well, and thanks to how they took a lot of our complaints in HoT into mind, I was able to get my boyfriend and his friend back into playing Gw2! The world of the Crystal Desert has much more of a feel of exploration than the twisting and dense maps of HoT, and the mounts are just precious.

To a degree I enjoyed the verticality that HoT brought to Guild Wars 2, but it was definitely a testing ground. There were definite annoyances, especially around Tangled Root. I also enjoyed the challenge of it, though I also play one of the easiest PvE classes so most everything is a breeze. Still POF was far superior in many ways, still kinda miss the epicness of the Dragon Stand Meta, though.

Archived