Earth Overload is OP and needs nerf. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Earth Overload is OP and needs nerf.

sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited April 29, 2019 in PVP

Due to recent threads about daggerstorms and rampages packing too much and apparently no counterplay I thought Id shed light on another skill..

Earth Overload...
This skill packs way too much, it has:

• Cripple
  • Immobilize
  • direct damage
  • bleed stacks
  • summons dust storm
  • applies magnetic aura
  • applies stability
  • applies protection
  • removes conditions
  • applies regen
  • applies vigor
  • applies swiftness
  • applies fury
  • increases crit damage
  • heals the user
  • breaks stun
  • blast finisher

Obviously in light of daggerstorm and rampage threads and various comments, this one skill must be broken too right?

😲

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion.
06210311 251521 121512

Comments

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2019

Oh should point out that its a playful stab at our community complaining about mundane kitten instead of Swiss delivery and other things that are actually important.

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion.
    06210311 251521 121512

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

Things start to go crazy in the pvp forum.

And i love it!

• Lincolnbeard.1735Lincolnbeard.1735 Member ✭✭✭✭

What's the thing thieves say to defend broken stuff? "Yes, it is broken but we're so weak we need this skill to stay broken".
    Also lul at thieves pretending to be in a worse spot than ele.

The degenerate

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

No, this only works if you show a cropped screenshot of the skill you complain about dealing more than 5k damage.

Bite me.

• praqtos.9035praqtos.9035 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:
    What's the thing thieves say to defend broken stuff? "Yes, it is broken but we're so weak we need this skill to stay broken".
    Also lul at thieves pretending to be in a worse spot than ele.

Nah, thats a childish reaction to me pointing out how overloaded daggerstorm. All he could say "dodge block reflect invul".
    Anet should return PoF release state back and tell everyone "just dodge it,block invul"

• @sephiroth.4217 said:
    Oh should point out that its a playful stab at our community complaining about mundane kitten instead of Swiss delivery and other things that are actually important.

haha but is true 2op pls nerf :s :s :s

And nerf Lich Form next, tyvm

Remove Ranked DuoQ pls&ty

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2019

Now it only they had a trait giving them a whopping 17% rng to use skill again so we could also throw the ability to constantly spam it twice off one cooldown at will,along with our ability to infinitely skill spam due to having infinite ini and to top it off the infinite stealth and tele that thieves can do disregarding resource cost as seems to be said by most non thief players to try and defend their case that thiefs op lmao

• Gamble.4580Gamble.4580 Member ✭✭✭

I don’t notice a big impact of ele since scrap is back so there is always a 1v1 class in your team to counter the ele. I would love to see some work on staff support if ele was ever to be looked at.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gamble.4580 said:
    I don’t notice a big impact of ele since scrap is back so there is always a 1v1 class in your team to counter the ele. I would love to see some work on staff support if ele was ever to be looked at.

They should get attack chains and faster auto attacks. Other skills are mostly fine imo.

Bite me.

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2019

@Bazsi.2734 said:
    sKiLls sHoUld oNly Do OnE ThING

"IT DOES (710) POWER DAMAGE AND (224) BLEED. THAT'S 710 POWER! FLAT! AND ITS THREE TARGETS!"

Anet:

The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

• Fortus.6175Fortus.6175 Member ✭✭✭

Careful what you wish for, Anet might think you are serious and thus not restrain themselves, and once again give eles the boot treatment.

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2019

After seeing what they did to thief last patch I wouldn't honestly put it past the balance team to give more un deserved nerfs to ele's

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well they for sure though fire overload was op as the fire aura on it realy fire aura over all is not counting as an aura cutting its effect as a class by a lot. Week and counting at this point an no word.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

Earth overload is the least of most peoples worries in terms of balance

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

• Mini Crinny.6190Mini Crinny.6190 Member ✭✭✭

They'll get round to nerfing that, first they have to nerf MH dagger after the OP changes to it

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.