Which weapon would you like to see for third elite ?

Kulvar.1239

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand this whole greatsword trend going on here. If that is going to happen I am going to toss my twilight at my rev without hesitation.

But I would LOVE a scepter as a new weapon (maybe together with focus). We still need a magical weapon with actual magical use (not counting smacky smack staff in there). In a package with Snaff and I will die happy :)

@"Game of Bones.8975" said:Look at which weapons are under-used and the ones that don't have an elite yet and take out the underwater (spear, trident, harpoon gun).https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weapon#Weapon_usability_by_professions

I would really like the pistol elite, but my Predator is just too cool not to vote for rifle.

Lack of use doesn't suggest new especs, and the fewer classes using said weapon only opens up the pool wider for someone else to possibly get it. Rifle doesn't fit the class at all. I would imagine mesmer, or ranger getting it before rev. Thematically, GS, MH axe, a dagger for either or both hands, or warhorn make the most sense, followed closely by scepter, and focus.

It's cliche, it's not the most interesting idea one could have. But the other two heavy classes can use it, and I'm sure the devs can come up with a unique interesting way to use it for our class. GS is going to be my choice.

Of course, it's contingent on new ESpecs ever being made. Which, given the great direction the game is heading in now, is looking a little more likely. But not guaranteed by any means.

I chose gs because I doubt the scepter/focus combo would happen.I chose gs thinking it would pair well with glint power, yes I know can't use like that but I can't help but think that way.Whatever the weapon, I hope the skill set has at least one evade or block on it.

Said it before, and I'll say it again, a Gunkata inspired melee pistol spec would be dope...

That or if they could make some sort of unarmed combat work... I would be into that too. (Obviously you'd need to equip something, so maybe dual focuses that just float next to you while you punch and kick fools to victory or something.)

@narcx.3570 said:Said it before, and I'll say it again, a Gunkata inspired melee pistol spec would be dope...

That or if they could make some sort of unarmed combat work... I would be into that too. (Obviously you'd need to equip something, so maybe dual focuses that just float next to you while you punch and kick fools to victory or something.)

Awe yeah dual chakrams and go psyco zena.

@Arkantos.7460 said:NO NEXT EXPANSION - NO NEXT NEW WEAPON

You seem somewhat angry, and quite against more new content for some reason. Just because. Nothing has been announced, doesn't mean people can't talk about what they would like to see. It also doesn't mean there won't ever be a new expansion again.

@Buran.3796 said:Pistols; the class still lacks a ranged condition weapon viable against human players, and this makes condi builds rather weak at competitive game modes. But I'm not sure at all about the chances of a new expansion...

They just need to rework Renegade/Shortbow to actually be viable for pvp. No need to waste another espec on 900 range condi damage.

^ With no evades/blocks, no mobility skills and a few ones which portray problems with unleveled terrain and perform particulary bad in the PvP arenas the short bow seems specifically designed to be bad at PvP, and solving its would need such drastic rework that the changes in off hand sword would pale in comparison. But that hypothetical changes probably would mess the condi Renegade performance, in the only dps build which prevents Rev from being banned from raids, so isn't gona happen.

Which maybe is good, due changing the short bow won't provide a ranged condition build to neither core Rev or Herald. What this class needs for competitive ranged condi builds is a new core weapon, not linked to specializations. A single main hand pistol would have worked when the off hand sword provided the block (so a gap closer or mobility skill + 2 condi attacks would be enough). But now the sword doesn't block, so you need five skills to make something viable.

@Buran.3796 said:Which maybe is good, due changing the short bow won't provide a ranged condition build to neither core Rev or Herald. What this class needs for competitive ranged condi builds is a new core weapon, not linked to specializations. A single main hand pistol would have worked when the off hand sword provided the block (so a gap closer or mobility skill + 2 condi attacks would be enough). But now the sword doesn't block, so you need five skills to make something viable.

Add daggers baseline.