Rifle 5: Jump Shot

Soulock.1752

Can confirm this is happening to me as well -- although it's only the outer edges of the circle for me that aren't landing. One thing I did notice was that if I landed on the tiny pedestal steps when I did the jump, the hit would miss. Seems there's some kind of elevation bug with the landing.

The center hit fail might be a holo shockwave error again.

@Soulock.1752 said:I've sent a bug report not long ago to Anet... I don't think they notice this bug and it might have been there for quite a LONG time now. Hopefully Anet will fix this soon and make rifle Holo/Scrapper/Engi fun :)

@Vagrant.7206

and yet Blowtorch on offhand Pistol has been missing at the slightest elevation difference or angle change and going on full cooldown for like 6 years..

but hey, hopefully right?

I just noticed that I can't use Elixir S while doing the Jump Shot animation.

The old Jump Shot would make you jump and land on the same spot if the path from the start location and the desired landing spot was blocked by a small bump in the terrain.The new Jump Shot does not seem to have that problem anymore, but other problems were created. (no more Skill cancelling, no more Elixir S (locked in the animation), recharge bug, no damage bug ... who knows what else?)

@"santenal.1054" said:I just noticed that I can't use Elixir S while doing the Jump Shot animation.

The old Jump Shot would make you jump and land on the same spot if the path from the start location and the desired landing spot was blocked by a small bump in the terrain.The new Jump Shot does not seem to have that problem anymore, but other problems were created. (no more Skill cancelling, no more Elixir S (locked in the animation), recharge bug, no damage bug ... who knows what else?)

Perhaps to prevent some kind of new bug or glitch using Elixir S for Invul while still dealing landing damage with Jump Shot? Rocket Boots on other the hand still allow us to use Elixir S which is another story xD

@"santenal.1054" said:I just noticed that I can't use Elixir S while doing the Jump Shot animation.

That bug (defensive procs not working during jumps) is as old as GW2. Used to be a little trick against them, granted you can time the damage for the jump animation. Afaik procs, also ones of runes, work by making you invisibly use a skill (sometimes with a cast time that can be interrupted if you dodge afterwards, many "on heal"/"on elite" runes have/had this problem) but if you can not use it due to being in the air the usage fails.This behavior was also used by multikit engi builds to switch to certain kits while jumping (ANet disabled that part) without proccing the kit refinement / streamlined kits for that kit and keep it for another.

@santenal.1054 said:

@"Silinsar.6298" said:That bug (defensive procs not working during jumps) is as old as GW2.

This Specific bug (Jumpshot Shot + Elixir S) was introduced on 23/04/2019. (I've used that combo many times enough when it still worked)The annoyingly slow animation leaves me vunerable for 1 to 1.5 seconds , they should fix it or add an evade frame.

Interesting, do you know how long it has been working for before? Haven't been using Elixir S a lot but in the more distant past the "you can't use anything during jumping" was absolute.

@Silinsar.6298 said:

@Silinsar.6298 said:That bug (defensive procs not working during jumps) is as old as GW2.

This Specific bug (Jumpshot Shot + Elixir S) was introduced on 23/04/2019. (I've used that combo many times enough when it still worked)The annoyingly slow animation leaves me vunerable for 1 to 1.5 seconds , they should fix it or add an evade frame.

Interesting, do you know how long it has been working for before? Haven't been using Elixir S a lot but in the more distant past the "you can't use anything during jumping" was absolute.

I only started using Elixir S intensively since the release of POF.During that time it always worked the same way as using Elixir S while doing Acid Bomb/rocket boots , you interrupt the animation , shrinkand drop ( straight ?) down. (I cant remember if the momentum made you fly a little further (like with rocket boots) instead of dropping straight down, I think it did)