Upcoming Bonus Events - Page 6 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Upcoming Bonus Events

Comments

• How can you call the World Boss Event a bonus event? a bonus is in addition to something, this event promotes just doing the bosses over and over in hope you get something, which is unlikely. I have to invest a lot of time just for a chance to probably get nothing good. And good luck to anyone who needs help with something else in the game, cause you won't get any. There is so many players only doing the event that its a new farm, a bad one at that. This event had potential but the implementation is really bad and their ideas for future ones will only make the issues worse.

• Idea for the World Boss Weekly Event: Rework the PvE Daily tasks to all be different World Bosses to incentivize players to do Bosses.

Also make the Bonus Boxes sellable instead of account bound.

• Konig Des Todes.2086Konig Des Todes.2086 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 6, 2019

@Erasculio.2914 said:
    I would prefer something like this:

@Randulf.7614 said:
    Think I'd have preferred tokens to save and spend on loot from an npc. They could have re-run it 2-3 times a year so we can save up for cool things.

So no RNG. You know exactly what you can get and what you need to do in order to get it.

I agree. The Mordrem Invasions did this, even included some gemstore skins and Season 1-only rewards as optional prizes. You'd do the Mordrem Invasions, get some tokens based on your progress, and go to the vendor when you got enough. Even if you had 1 token left, you could still buy something super common and cheap so no token got wasted.

While there were issues with the way participation was credited with the Mordrem Invasion event, and minor issues with the events themselves iirc, the reward structure itself was very well done, almost perfect even.

@Chris Cleary.8017 speaking of Mordrem Invasions, would it be possible to bring that, or BWE finale events, back as part of these "bonus weeklong events"? Would be a nice addition alongside the "bonus rewards for always existing content" if there was some "rarely existing content" - like mini-festivals.

All these squares make a circle.

• Witch of Doom.5739Witch of Doom.5739 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Chris Cleary.8017 said:
    Reading through your comments so far since the event has started, the main feedback that I'm seeing since the World Boss Rush started is that the box doesn't feel rewarding, with most players calling out that they "only got a few mats". I do want to point out that a Piece of Rare Unidentified Gear is a guaranteed drop unless you get a Rare/Super Rare drop.

Going into this event we know that we have a lot we can improve on, and making repeatable rewards that feel rewarding is one of them. There are a number of designs internally to accomplish this, and getting rewards right is a critical part of making these events fun.

Thanks for your feedback everyone, keep it coming!

Thanks for showing that you're reading the comments. Yes, I understand that one gets a PoRUG or a Rare drop, but it's still not worth all that much IMO unless you grind all day. A much higher chance of an Exotic drop would be nice, and sorry if that sounds greedy, just that I've seen enough "rare iron swords" and others of that ilk. Thanks again!

• AlexxxDelta.1806AlexxxDelta.1806 Member ✭✭✭

@Shikaru.7618 said:
    This is what happens when you add loot accessible to 100% of the playerbase. You have to dilute the loot so hard otherwise you crash the market. I dont think anyone is actually complaining about the free extra loot. It's more about how impactful the loot feels to the individual player. Why even put in the effort if the loot is negligible to the individual? It's like if anet marketed a "bonus raid reward weekend" and only added 3 elder wood logs to each boss chest. Sure it's more loot but who cares? Why even spend the effort to type the forum announcement at that point?

This is the main issue with loot in general in this game. There is a solution for events like this one though, it's called BtA. Tequatl skins are also rare but their rates are not so ridiculously low that you loose all hope of ever seeing one. I used to run Teq on the daily and I kept seeing the skins drop, pinged on chat from a zerg member, like every other day. I've been doing the same for various metas dropping infusions and I've yet to see one linked.

• Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭

@Chris Cleary.8017 said:
    Reading through your comments so far since the event has started, the main feedback that I'm seeing since the World Boss Rush started is that the box doesn't feel rewarding, with most players calling out that they "only got a few mats". I do want to point out that a Piece of Rare Unidentified Gear is a guaranteed drop unless you get a Rare/Super Rare drop.

Going into this event we know that we have a lot we can improve on, and making repeatable rewards that feel rewarding is one of them. There are a number of designs internally to accomplish this, and getting rewards right is a critical part of making these events fun.

That isn't enough, it ends up being 4 rares an hour as these bosses spawn 15 minutes apart and some of them can take up to 30 minutes per just doing pre-events + waiting around. That's hugely inefficient compared to almost any other PvE farm.

• Prophet.1584Prophet.1584 Member ✭✭✭

please make all world bosses similar to raids and dungeons in that you can collect a map/boss currency and then purchase the unique skins. This doesn't require removing them from loot tables or anything, they can still be random drops but if we can eventually grind towards the skins we want it would feel far more rewarding

• @Randulf.7614 said:
    Think I'd have preferred tokens to save and spend on loot from an npc. They could have re-run it 2-3 times a year so we can save up for cool things.

That sounds good except...

Right now, I feel as if the event is 100% optional. If I want to join the zerg and have some easy loot, I can.
    However, if the same rewards were available for X tokens, I'd feel enormous pressure to farm like crazy to collect X tokens as quickly as possible.
    Obviously, there are a variety of compromises; there's no need to take one extreme or another.

As I've said elsewhere, I'd prefer to see more events with a larger mix of rewards rather than for each event to attempt to appeal to more people. For me, the most important benefit of that will be more people enthusiastic about something in the game, thus helping to refresh populations, which in turn makes the game more fun. That will be true even if I personally don't like any of the special events.

tl;dr

• More special events is more better, especially with a mix of rewards and reward structures.
    • RNG is good for some people; tokens better for some.
    • I like the idea of re-using existing content rather than creating new stuff .

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• Yasi.9065Yasi.9065 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2019

Tokens on top of RNG would be nice. The same tokens for all bonus events, something like an "event ticket" you can then, after participating in bonus events for a considerably long time, buy special rewards from a vendor with that you also can drop randomly from the chests.
    With considerably I really mean, participating in 1/3 of all events for one year at an absolute minimum, so not to cheapen the RNG rewards... and make the bought versions accountbound to dissuade botters. They still can get the RNG version, sure... but the token version should be accountbound.

RNG in general is viewed less favourably nowadays. But imo a token only system has its downfalls as well. A mixed system gives you that lootbox feeling, that - lets be honest here - is very much a part of gaming, while it also offers a goal to work towards - which also is part of especially MMOs.

• Devildoc.6721Devildoc.6721 Member ✭✭✭

This event reasserts the need for a good breakbar tutorial. Too many people in these boss events for like the shatterer just plain don't know what a breakbar is even though anet has intended for us to use them as part of the boss fight mechanics. That's on anet to fix because we can try to make informative forum posts or use map chat to attempt to instruct people on what to do, but many players never view the forums, never look at chat. So we need something in the tutorial to address what is such a common mechanic in the game. It's about as important as dodging, and dodging has a tutorial (even though it's a badly implemented side tutorial that these same players who don't care about improving skip)

You changed the new player experience and tutorials before taking out the downed state tutorial, you can do it again.

• Leablo.2651Leablo.2651 Member ✭✭✭

An event for minigames please.

• Zaxares.5419Zaxares.5419 Member ✭✭✭

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@Erasculio.2914 said:
    I would prefer something like this:

@Randulf.7614 said:

So no RNG. You know exactly what you can get and what you need to do in order to get it.

I agree. The Mordrem Invasions did this, even included some gemstore skins and Season 1-only rewards as optional prizes. You'd do the Mordrem Invasions, get some tokens based on your progress, and go to the vendor when you got enough. Even if you had 1 token left, you could still buy something super common and cheap so no token got wasted.

While there were issues with the way participation was credited with the Mordrem Invasion event, and minor issues with the events themselves iirc, the reward structure itself was very well done, almost perfect even.

@Chris Cleary.8017 speaking of Mordrem Invasions, would it be possible to bring that, or BWE finale events, back as part of these "bonus weeklong events"? Would be a nice addition alongside the "bonus rewards for always existing content" if there was some "rarely existing content" - like mini-festivals.

Expressing my support for this. :) I think the token system would work a lot better for not just these weekly bonus events, but also for the regular festivals like Wintersday and Halloween. What's ended up happening is that you get tons of worthless chaff (like tonics), and a very few rare "you won the lottery!" items, so you wind up with players who go "This event is pointless, I get nothing but junk!" and the rare few who get lucky and wind up with thousands of gold.

What I think needs to be done is to provide a bridge between the two types of loot. First, put in a token system so that all of the event items, even the rarest ones like infusions (or in the case of world bosses, unique stuff like the Sunless weapons), can be purchased for tokens. Now, if we're keeping the same drop tables so that tonics etc. remain plentiful loot and drop most of the time, change it so they can also be traded back to the vendor for tokens. Thus, no loot becomes "worthless", because they can ultimately be turned into tokens and used to purchase the rare stuff. Players can still get that "OMG lucky drop!" feeling from the stuff that drops directly, but if they can't, they can farm up or buy items to turn into tokens to get what they want.

• Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭✭

I did the event this morning. Got at1 mat and a rare unid. I thought. Not worth. Went and did other things. Later today a friend wanted to do it so we went and spent 2 hours with a zerg. Got about a hundred ectos total(from all loot not just bonuses). I was pleased. He got a tequatl chest. I got some Shatterer achievement and FINALLY OMG. Got the kill the things in 20 seconds Shadow Behemoth achievement.

We won't be doing this 24-7 because once you don't get the regular loot it isn't worth but when you ADD regular loot PLUS the bonus boxes plus the mat gathering while waiting totes worth.

Liking this event way more than I thought I would.

• TwinFrozr.6214TwinFrozr.6214 Member ✭✭

Make the WvW No Downstate event permanent.

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

Opened 37 boxes, got no rares or super rares, which I fully expected, in fact I fully expect the drop rates to be even less than their regular rates.
    I think a couple more things should have been included in the rare section and maybe up that drop rate. I mean toxic spore skin is the only items in the rare section, really?
    Other than that, the extra work and waiting around for a rare unid and some mats? Not worth the effort, don't think I'll bother farming rest of the week.
    Good luck to those that bother.

Another derailing post. ^^
    EBG North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed!
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic || Class Offense Defense Movement Balance is So Terribad ||

• Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2019

I was looking forward to the boss week event and the loot is fine. As others have pointed out, making the rare loot more common robs it of what makes it desirable. The same ppl complaining that they don't want another rare would be complaining about getting exotics too if they dropped all the time. I like the token idea, but it would only really work if the tokens continued to be available over time like the black lion statuettes. But like I said the rewards aren't my problem . . .

My main disappointment has been with my own expectations. I was anticipating the boss week as an excuse to go back and do some old content that I used to play all the time and feeling some nostalgia from that experience. But the nostalgia hasn't been there for me so far, it still just feels like old content I used to do . . .

I know anet said all these bonus events won't just be about adding rewards, but may also involve altering the game's parameters for a week just to mix things up. I'm never going to complain about extra loots, but I think it's the events of the second, game altering type that will ultimately prove more rewarding . . .

EDIT: Okay, I did the matrix key thing while waiting on FE tonight and that did bring back some of the nostalgia I was expecting :)

• Cell.4176Cell.4176 Member

I think a big reason why I don't bother at all with meta events and worldbosses in general is the pointlessness of zerging a huge hitbox with 1-2 attacks, pressing 1 like every other chap and waiting for that 0.0001% drop to happen

I mean, doing shatterer doesn't feel epic or anything, you either get in an aoe because you were brain afk pressing 1 and get rezzed or you don't, there's almost no chance the fight fails and tbh last time I had to do one of these events I just hit the boss once or twice then afk'd until it was over

Some content I really love is raids, I mean, I usually do them 3-4times a week, even after I am capped on LIs and Magnetite and there's no chance I get anything rewarding, because they actually make me engage in the game
    Some other content that has crazy amounts of participation is silverwastes (or istan, I guess) farming. This time because even though it's super easy, you get really good rewards from doing it

WB don't give any of those two feelings, and the event, while a great idea, isn't adressing this issue, it instead adds more ultra niche rng possibly maybe leet rare loot to some content which is already all about that

I was kind of hyped, but frankly I don't think I'll engage much more in the event :/

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Chris Cleary.8017 said:

The Piece of Rare Unidentified Gear is okay ... if it didn't take ~15minutes. If this is meant to bring WBs to be on par with some other content that that would be okay. If this is meant to be an extra thing .... not so much.

Speaking of the rare ... a 2g back item skin is pretty disappointing for its rarity.

• Drymeat.2861Drymeat.2861 Member ✭✭

Unlike other meta events, boss trains need a lot of time to wait... when comparing to the times between meta and boss event, the boss event is really boring to wait and gives less reward to us.

• VDAC.2137VDAC.2137 Member ✭✭✭

I’m enjoying the world boss event so far and look forward to any events focusing on HoT meta! Perhaps I picked the perfect time to start the first collection for Raven! B)

I also love the suggestions for fractals and dungeons! Dungeons are in great need of more relevant rewards — I’d even be happy with more tokens as I’m working on collecting all the armor and weapons. For fractals, extra awards would be great, but some crazy fun with instabilities reversed or randomly afflicting the enemies instead of us sounds like crazy fun! =)

• Thoehn.7460Thoehn.7460 Member
    edited May 7, 2019

Most people playing the game now have a good deal of ascended equipment already, so guaranteed rares aren't really all that exciting to most of us. You could TP them or salvage for ectos, which is nice, but I think that, given most of the people doing this bonus event are veteran players, tokens for trade-in instead of obscenely rare RNG drops might have been a better choice. Maybe even some exotics for the few newer people or more casual players who haven't had the time to build up their gear set yet.
    Overall, the fact that the game is made NOT to be a neverending upwards gear treadmill (which is a good thing, IMO, don't get me wrong) means that almost everyone has capped stat gear at this point, so you're going to have to be very creative to make rewards enticing. Cosmetic items are always cool because they let people customize their otherwise "identical-to-everyone-else" gear into something unique. That being said, more cosmetic items available as drops during future events might add incentive? Just a thought.
    Thank you for trying to make things fresh again and encouraging player feedback.

• Vova.2640Vova.2640 Member ✭✭✭

@Chris Cleary.8017 said:

I hope you don't get discouraged from doing similar events like this in the future.
    While the rewards themselves do feel underwhelming, the idea itself behind the event is still nice and appreciated.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2019

Hmm. Welp. Just one feedback zbout thzt extra loot box, sections should be at least equal, only that useless spore in rare? Way far too much things in common. It would be nice if the written ratities meant something, frankly i don't see the diferences between rare and super rare which are basically (you will never get that. 0.00000000000001 chances....)
    And the common which are guarenteed. But it's kinda the same thing with bl chests... plus hard to find keys...
    Better to have a token to exchange.

Events are about rewards, you can turn the event into anything ,add 2638 rng boxes will not change anything, if not rewarding it's not. Wb are like this since 6 years ago, how much it costs to make champs spawned by scaling dropping champ bags? Adding a chance even low of dropping bl keys or ascended after an amount of them done?
    And as some said why not a currency dropping from them to purchase cool little things?

The event is very cool, but rng kill it. Why not earning tomes of knowledges each two wb done? Just a thought.
    But still, it refreshed world boss and make them very active right now with several commanders.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭

@Chris Cleary.8017 said:

As it's pretty obvious lately. World Boss loot has been pretty lackluster by today's standards compared to other parts of the game. At the very least the daily cap on world boss loot should be removed entirely, except for Tequatl due to the 2 gold you can make from it. The rest, even Triple Trouble is reasonable for having repeatable loot due to it taking a long time to coordinate and actually successfully killing the boss.

• Urud.4925Urud.4925 Member ✭✭✭

@Etria.3642 said:
    I did the event this morning. Got at1 mat and a rare unid. I thought. Not worth. Went and did other things. Later today a friend wanted to do it so we went and spent 2 hours with a zerg. Got about a hundred ectos total(from all loot not just bonuses). I was pleased. He got a tequatl chest. I got some Shatterer achievement and FINALLY OMG. Got the kill the things in 20 seconds Shadow Behemoth achievement.

We won't be doing this 24-7 because once you don't get the regular loot it isn't worth but when you ADD regular loot PLUS the bonus boxes plus the mat gathering while waiting totes worth.

Liking this event way more than I thought I would.

That's the right point of view. People shouldn't expect that farming bosses became a thing, out of the blue. There's a small additional reward for killing them, but imo is a good thing that farming world bosses doesn't become a new SW, as many seem to expect. My guild mates tried it yesterday, and apparently there were so many people that the game was unplayable. Still, my boss got an ascended weapon from Tequatl.

The idea of the tokens... yeah, it might work, but as @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said, I also would feel forced to collect them as fast as I can. In the end, it's like a farming festival/labyrinth: you get many boxes that usually only have "junk" but a super rare chance to make jackpot. "Normal"/casual players won't spend the whole day/week there, but there are also many players that farm these things, because they really hope for an infusion. So let the farmers farm, and the casual ones move on on what they like more.

• phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭

Jokes on you but with 'welcome back' and 'bonus' I was expecting ascended mats from rare section that could potentially help new/returning players to gear up. Old Spore skin, no one ever cared about? Welp.

"There is always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."

• Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Devildoc.6721 said:
    This event reasserts the need for a good breakbar tutorial. Too many people in these boss events for like the shatterer just plain don't know what a breakbar is even though anet has intended for us to use them as part of the boss fight mechanics. That's on anet to fix because we can try to make informative forum posts or use map chat to attempt to instruct people on what to do, but many players never view the forums, never look at chat. So we need something in the tutorial to address what is such a common mechanic in the game. It's about as important as dodging, and dodging has a tutorial (even though it's a badly implemented side tutorial that these same players who don't care about improving skip)

You changed the new player experience and tutorials before taking out the downed state tutorial, you can do it again.

When the event is nothing more than a 3minute skill lagfest and particle effect massacre.. breakbars become irrelevant.
    Breakbars or not, they don't last long enough for players to care.. it's all about getting in the map, putting skill 1 on auto and going to make a coffee then collect loot (if you dont have the auto loot) remap to next boss.. rinse repeat.
    The only exception is maybe Teq where you have to stop auto attacking (mostly) when Teq flies off and the defence stages start.. kinda becomes 3 or 4 stages of auto attacking with a short run in between.
    Breakbars on world bosses became irrelevant 5minutes after they were introduced imo.

Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

• Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭✭

I don't think this is off topic having re-read OP's post and regarding feedback.
    I would first like to say that it was very very refreshing to see so many people in the maps, I killed some bosses last night and enjoyed it.
    However - the lag! Oh my. My computer handles this game very well, but at these events I was suffering from freezes and skill lag more than I have ever had, to the point I couldn't even tell if i was actually hitting the boss.
    I found the rewards (all mats) quite useful as i'm a crafter, but I'm guessing that would be meh for most.

• Joki.7591Joki.7591 Member ✭✭

So far, after a few hours playing last night, I’m enjoying the event. While I want to try and earn gold for my griffin mount, doing these bosses is letting me complete some weapon skin collections first, I’m getting some good rare loot on drops and when I’m ready, I have all the dropped bags of loot to open.

Like I’d love to get some super rare loot from the bonus box when I open it, but honestly I’m having fun with the community coming together on this event. We’re chatty, having fun and trying for harder achiements. Also laughing at the low fps that is, and I quote, “like a powerpoint presentation” and the joy of #pingyourfps during the fights.
    If anything from this, I’d love more community events similar like this of any kind. Maybe doing bonus meta weeks, or several other popular ideas brought up in the forum.

Also much love to the mighty tree I saw last night, you were a wonderful, generous tree.

• Stalkingwolf.6035Stalkingwolf.6035 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2019

@Urud.4925 said:
    That's the right point of view. People shouldn't expect that farming bosses became a thing, out of the blue. There's a small additional reward for killing them,

Its wasting players time. nothing more.
    This game is all about getting stuff to sell or salvage to make something other.
    When you don't get enough stuff it's not worth doing this.

the best part yesterday was the map chat.
    and i got Genesis, but not from the additional loot and that's what we are talking about here.

somehow i have a bad feeling about the next Events. when everywhere only the bonus chest reward is the difference then it's not worth playing it.

@Dami.5046 said:
    However - the lag! Oh my. My computer handles this game very well, but at these events I was suffering from freezes and skill lag more than I have ever had, to the point I couldn't even tell if i was actually hitting the boss.

Server lags. even the bosses stopped doing something.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster

• HardRider.2980HardRider.2980 Member ✭✭✭

@Chris Cleary.8017 said:

People are just upset they aren't getting the Super duppa ultra rare mega gold infusions.

A City of Heroes never die... A City of Villains will never surrender... Neither City will be forgotten.

• anyone got infusion drop yet? loving the 10 fps tho

Guild wars 3 when?

• Stalkingwolf.6035Stalkingwolf.6035 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2019

@Eremes Guile.1480 said:
    anyone got infusion drop yet? loving the 10 fps tho

there already some at the Black Market

@HardRider.2980 said:
    People are just upset they aren't getting the Super duppa ultra rare mega gold infusions.

no. read the thread again. no one here complains sbout the infusion droprate at all.
    Its about the rest that is in that chest.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster

• @Chris Cleary.8017 said:

In terms of actual rewards, the rare unid isn't a bad reward in terms of value (although ~20s 4 times an hour isn't exactly spectacular), but it's almost invisible. You don't feel like you got much out of it. It would genuinely be better if you had an interface e.g. black lion chests to show the rare reward, or if the rewards were not things you normally get regularly from world bosses.

You've run into something similar here as you've had for other events, where even though the rewards are ok objectively, they feel bad because they're just a little bit more of the same, and its hard to separate out the extra rewards from the stuff you would have already gotten.

• ProverbsofHell.2307ProverbsofHell.2307 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Chris Cleary.8017 said:

Thank you for engaging with us! It feels so great to see this.

Personally I feel the event is rewarding enough - like you said, you always get a piece of rare gear, with extra lottery rolls on expensive infusions, as well as the loot the bosses normally drop. You can actually rack up a respectable amount of rares doing this.

My friend said it well enough to a guildmate of mine, "Did you just expect to roll up to shadow behemoth, loot your invisible boots and you're good to go?"

• Elrey.5472Elrey.5472 Member ✭✭
    edited May 7, 2019

Just add a reward track for world bosses.
    Or even better, for PvE (a track for each map, and a global track for world bosses).
    Another track for dungeons.

Basically add a reward track for unrewarding gamemodes (fotm and raids are fine right now, so they don't need a reward track).

• Ohoni.6057Ohoni.6057 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Chris Cleary.8017 said:

There needs to be a reward unique to this system that players can work towards. Not an RNG drop, a progress goal. There need to be tokens of some kind that you can collect to eventually get something cool from it. No amount of mats or unidentified gear would add up to "enough" to be "cool."

• DiogoSilva.7089DiogoSilva.7089 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2019

@Chris Cleary.8017 said:

Yeah, the problem with boxes is that they feel like they're meant to be obtained in larger quantities, when you only get them 1 every 15 minutes instead. So each time I open them and get a bunch of 3 low level materials, my main reaction is: "Yeah, ok". The super rare rewards may make everything worth when you get them, but they are so incredibly rare, they're not meant to be dropped to every player, making it so the box ultimately functions as a bait, an illusion.

Here are my many suggestions to improve on this:

• Follow Black Lion Chest's concept of having 1-2 unique drops in Uncommon category.
    • Fill in the Rare category with plenty of items. Put in some mystic coins, mystic clovers, amalgamated gemstones, etc. The drop rate seems low enough that I doubt a single mystic coin or a single amalgamated gemstone per (week? day?) would break the economy, especially when it's not even the most effective way to get them, but at least it would feel extra nice.
    • Add more achievements for bosses that don't have many of them. Something similar to what Shatterer, Triple Trouble, etc. already have. With some good ap and an unique drop or two locked somewhere there, it would at least make players work towards a goal.
    • Have an additional box-awarding repeatable achievement that gives you a bulk of boxes of goods after doing X unique bosses, in addition to the current existing one (1 boss = 1 box).
    • Take opportunities like this to improve existing content, even if it means the little details, like Taidha's door taking forever to break.
  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Vegeta.2563 said:

@Chris Cleary.8017 said:

As it's pretty obvious lately. World Boss loot has been pretty lackluster by today's standards compared to other parts of the game. At the very least the daily cap on world boss loot should be removed entirely, except for Tequatl due to the 2 gold you can make from it.

It's not like you can kill Teqs back-to-back. Not even using guild world boss spawn items. Even uncapped it would still be vastly inferior to any serious farm content.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• Joki.7591Joki.7591 Member ✭✭

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:

@Dami.5046 said:

Server lags. even the bosses stopped doing something.

I would also like to bring up the fact that, along side bosses lagging behind, there were several instances where you couldn’t resurrect people. And this extended post boss defeat, so that might need looking into for future events as it’s probably frustrating for a player whose downed not getting help because the game bugged and lagged out on that action.

• Nebilim.5127Nebilim.5127 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2019

@Chris Cleary.8017 said:

Hey chris, thank you for doing these style of gw1 events again. I feel these would be much beter if you introduced a token system like dungeons then a vendor for them. I believe this is the best way of rewarding people through such events without causing a mass hysteria on the economy if loot is handed too freely. It allows you to control how much people can be rewarded and find a better middle ground. In matter of fact, you guys already did with the beetle racing event, it is the PERFECT way of reward system. Tonics, some piece of armor, some other novelties, decorations. All good nice things to have without breaking anything.

Another thing that can be done with less effort, is to reward people nicely but with a daily cap like the mystic coins and other legendary mats like you did before with Super adventure box. Hell, you could even double the core tyria xp masteries or even give us some exotic account bound armor pieces with selectable stats to gear people up for these bosses. I'm sure A LOT of people would be happy if they at least got an armor where they could select one of the hard to get spreads like celestial or trailblazer

• Nemo.8759Nemo.8759 Member ✭✭

" a Piece of Rare Unidentified Gear is a guaranteed drop"well, such a amazing rewards :anguished:
    Anet, do u really know what player want in "Bonus Events" ? :angry:

• Nemo.8759Nemo.8759 Member ✭✭

The chance of a super rare drop is similar to Zephyrite Supply Box
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zephyrite_Supply_Box
    People can get 4 bonus box per hour, hummm, do you really think it necessary to hold such an event?

• MithranArkanere.8957MithranArkanere.8957 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Chris Cleary.8017 said:

Maybe the guaranteed rare should go into a Guaranteed category like with the BL chest preview, or get a different colored border and a tooltip message explaining it's guaranteed unless you get a different rare drop.

The event could also give a second reward: a token that can be obtained every day with a daily achievement from any world boss, and that can be obtained 9 additional times a day during the world boss rush event.
    Then add somewhere a vendor that exchanges those tokens with choices of account bound rewards that can only be obtained from events and other interesting things. To make sure the token costs don't have to be too high, the vendor prices would not require just tokens, there would be extra costs for things like ascended recipes (+ laurels) or ascended boxes of gear (+Grandmaster Marks from crafting disciplines), tradable items (+gold) and other account bound items (+karma).

The vendor could include account bound drops from world bosses like Tequatl 'shoard so players with rotten luck can have at least some hope to get them, account bound loot drops like Delusion, unobtainable items like Zhaitaffy, Dragon, etc.

Something like this:

• The bonus box we are getting now: 1 token.
    • Zhaitaffy x25: 1 token
    • Any dragon Bash foods x3: 1 token.
    • Ascended Zealot recipes: 20 tokens & 5 laurels
    • Currency vouchers: 25 tokens.
    • A Tequatl's Hoard: 45 tokens + 3 ascended marks, 1 from each weapon discipline.
    • A box with one of the Triple trouble ascended armors: 60 tokens + 3 ascended marks, 1 from each armor discipline.
    • A statuette or a bl key: 50 tokens.
    • One of the Season 1 memory boxes: 50 tokens.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.