Can we please get Warrior weapons updated?

Billy.1879

Like we can go into the balance after all this and tweak some numbers if we need but I really think warriors need a bit of love of some of their base line weapons that have not had many changes for years on end.

Great SwordThe auto chain of the great sword feels pretty underwhelming in comparison to some - might need something else added to it or just a straight up damage increase .Hundred blades used to be awesome, it is now alright to use on a raid boss or something completely stationary but most the time fails - A rework job perhaps but I feel if we could atleast move at 50% runspeed whilst using it that would be a step in the right directionBlade trail has a pretty long animation time coupled with a slow projectile speed. This ability needs to be slightly more reliable due to it's our only form of CC on the weapon.Rush is pretty good but would feel like an amazing button to press if the strike animation was smoother and didn't lock you into place. Hitting more than 1 target would be nice too.

SwordSword feels like its in a weird spot now, The chain is for condition damageSavage leap is good but feels out of place because it's a strong power abilityFinal thrust is another super strong power move and is only decent to conditions builds after 50%Both skills for the offhand seem lacking somehow

LongbowLong bow needs a straight up adjust on the projectile speed, the arrow travel too slow - these autos also hit harder than rifles doFan of fire is still kinda of fun I guess, however it does make you want to be in your opponents face and feels wasted at long range. I think this ability could be nice if the primary arrow had vastly more damage than the other two arrows on the side so it seems more viable in single target from range.Arcing arrow is just some what hard to land, does okay is damage and is pretty much just a blast finisher. I'd like to see this things speed increased and its damage bought up if it's going to be sitting on a 10 second cooldown.The last 2 abilities are fine. Perhaps a shorter cooldown for pindown though

RifleAuto attacks seem to hit less than long bows, could fire faster but it seems a little undertuned compared to some of the other range dps optionsThe rest of the abilties seem mostly fine

Hammer and MaceBoth seem a neglected and floating around almost with out a purpose aside from maybe spamming some burst skills on them.

Shield and most offhandsSo like I really like the shield skills on a warrior - however other classes blocks are so far beyond out standard block it makes the skill seem completely lack lusterGuards block knocks people back, blocks projectiles from a large area, is a light field, lasts for a second longer and can be used to heal, mesmers comes in 2 parts but grants buffs and a summon, Engis shield reflects projectiles and is a pushback. Heralds shield isn't great tooWarriors just blow for 3 seconds, that's it - the trait for this makes the shield feel a lot better but requires a whole trait point investmentWarhorn is a bit bland, crazy for aoe condition removal though. -The other offhands seem to pale to an offhand axe though

AxesThey seem like the most fleshed out skills almost in the whole warrior weapon slots as far as power goes

SummaryI'd like to see the weapons be improved, I don't look at this like a to do list I look at this as a few things in there might really make the warrior experience a bit better. Even if one of theses suggestions went through with something as simple as long bow projectile speed updates would be great.A lot of traits buff up weapons and almost require using them to make the weapon feel like it's doing something. I'd like to see some power allocated to the base weapon skills.Our utilities don't offer any real high damage options or any real strong area denial tools and almost all of our damage gets bottle necked on weapon skills and bursts

Do this then damn well remove peek performance and give us a baseline 25% more speed on a signet so we don't have to use travels runes or be forced to pick discipline which we already are due to getting fast hands which should be baseline at this point

Specifically for GS:I can agree that Bladetrail needs a straight up buff, whether it be cast time or projectile speed.The AA chain could use a cripple or weakness, but not both.100B would need to have its damage shaved if it were to be usable while moving. It is a skill made for stationary targets, and Warriors have a few ways of making targets stationary. Lethal when combined with a well timed BC.Rush does not need a buff, it has a very high damage and coefficient for a mobility skill and often exceeds 1200 range.

Torch is kinda annoying cause its good but it doesn't combo with the rest of the weapons, its moving fire combo field but there are not much good finishers on mainhand weapons, the burst skills on them also don't have finishers , sword does not have projectile finisher, mace doesn't have leap, axe should probably get blast after the rework and gs should get whirl. Torch literally doesn't work with the rest of the kit.

yeah. rifle warrior = always visible, shorter rifle range.

deadeye = lonnnnnnggggggger rifle range, stealth.

it's called inherent advantage. but playing fairly to break that inherent advantage and you found success by doing it, what if you play rifle dead eye too vs that rifle dead eye?

@luzonophir.7134 said:yeah. rifle warrior = always visible, shorter rifle range.

it's called inherent advantage. but playing fairly to break that inherent advantage and you found success by doing it, what if you play rifle dead eye too vs that rifle dead eye?

Yes, but anything that warrior has above other classes is perfectly justified and fair :DComparisons by isolating a single stat or part of a class/spec simply doesn't make sense, but some people on this forum seem to not understand that

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@luzonophir.7134 said:yeah. rifle warrior = always visible, shorter rifle range.

Yes, but anything that warrior has above other classes is perfectly justified and fair :DComparisons by isolating a single stat or part of a class/spec simply doesn't make sense, but some people on this forum seem to not understand that

Deadeye - Teleporting, stealthing, one shotting. And the rifle warrior, always visible and uses old guns like AKs.

so tell me who is braver? lel.

@luzonophir.7134 said:

Deadeye - Teleporting, stealthing, one shotting. And the rifle warrior, always visible and uses old guns like AKs.

lmao, that's pretty funny because you don't know what you're talking about. Keep doing what you're doing, legit complaint like always on this forum :D

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

lmao, that's pretty funny because you don't know what you're talking about. Keep doing what you're doing, legit complaint like always on this forum :D

? what, im pretty sure he knows what he talking about and you are being salty about it

You cant compare a dedicated range class to a dedicated melee class.Deadeye will be stronger than warrior with rifle, but let the soil be good for him if he will let warrior to get into melee distance hehehe.Arc divide him into pieces lawl.

• 3 weeks later...

@"KelyNeli.4516" said:You cant compare a dedicated range class to a dedicated melee class.Deadeye will be stronger than warrior with rifle, but let the soil be good for him if he will let warrior to get into melee distance hehehe.Arc divide him into pieces lawl.

Of course you can compare them. It just happened, after all. Beside that I kind of agree, and I kind of disagree. I am not sure something like a "ranged class" and a "melee class" exists. That said, let's assume there are classes with such a focus. Then, game designers should put some thought on what they want to achieve by giving a warrior access to rifles, and, as spellbreaker, to longbow.Such weapon choices should not simply be there to close gaps. "Needs to hit damage at range" as the sole function is not enough. Each such weapon choice should feel impactful, should have a clear purpose and not some mediocre pick. If you cannot compete with a deadeye on ranged damage I'd say that sounds about right, but what else does rifle offer warrior beside the range?

@Billy.1879 saidSwordSword feels like its in a weird spot now, The chain is for condition damageSavage leap is good but feels out of place because it's a strong power ability

Please don't change sword to a condi weapon. That said, I'd take it along, even if it got turned into a condi weapon, because the 600 range on the leap is worth it for me. I'll use it to close gaps, and then fire away with axe 4 and 5 for damage.

Hammer and MaceBoth seem a neglected and floating around almost with out a purpose aside from maybe spamming some burst skills on them.

I am not sure about mace, but I quite like hammer on spellbreaker. There's nothing wrong with spamming burst skills. There's nothing wrong with stripping boons while landing hits that literally feel impactful. Damage is okay. Attacks could maybe be a little faster overall, but overall hammer is fine IMO.

Yeah, a fair number of skills need updating. Rifle, OH sword, Warhorn (lol), in particular. Hammer I feel just needs and increase swing speed and a slight damage boost for it to be fine. Mace MH does it's job fine. Mace OH is fine, but lags axe OH since the axe overhaul. GS needs GS4 velocity increase and to bounce off the terrain, 100 Blades needs either the root removed, or to be made a faster channel. Heck I'd take the old 100 Blades from GW1 where you strike twice at everyone around you. A mini Arc Divider on mainbar would be fun.

Warhorn... perhaps make Charge give AoE quickness (4s) as well maybe and Call to Arms grant unblockable (4s)? Make Quickbreathing cause WH skills to heal in a radius (1500 health + 0.2*healing power)? That would give warriors a better support role if used with Vigorous Shouts.

Funny how warrior has the most weapon choices yet also has the most limited play style availablethanks for gutting arc divider, bye hit n run berserker, hi again pvp stick-with-enemy-within-250-range-the-whole-fight side noder aka pve bannerslave since 2012

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Yeah, a fair number of skills need updating. Rifle, OH sword, Warhorn (lol), in particular. Hammer I feel just needs and increase swing speed and a slight damage boost for it to be fine. Mace MH does it's job fine. Mace OH is fine, but lags axe OH since the axe overhaul. GS needs GS4 velocity increase and to bounce off the terrain, 100 Blades needs either the root removed, or to be made a faster channel. Heck I'd take the old 100 Blades from GW1 where you strike twice at everyone around you. A mini Arc Divider on mainbar would be fun.

Warhorn... perhaps make Charge give AoE quickness (4s) as well maybe and Call to Arms grant unblockable (4s)? Make Quickbreathing cause WH skills to heal in a radius (1500 health + 0.2*healing power)? That would give warriors a better support role if used with Vigorous Shouts.

I like your warhorn ideas!

@Opopanax.1803 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Yeah, a fair number of skills need updating. Rifle, OH sword, Warhorn (lol), in particular. Hammer I feel just needs and increase swing speed and a slight damage boost for it to be fine. Mace MH does it's job fine. Mace OH is fine, but lags axe OH since the axe overhaul. GS needs GS4 velocity increase and to bounce off the terrain, 100 Blades needs either the root removed, or to be made a faster channel. Heck I'd take the old 100 Blades from GW1 where you strike twice at everyone around you. A mini Arc Divider on mainbar would be fun.

Yeah, might be too much, but Warrior has no real support role in this game and giving it AoE quickness and AoE unblockable for 4 seconds would see it maybe being used in WvW or PvP. Possibly in any Fractal or Raid where a boss has a blocking mechanic. Adding on the AoE healing to Quick Breathing itself would not be too powerful, since it is only on two skills. Would pair well with Vigorous Shouts though.

• 4 weeks later...

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yeah, might be too much, but Warrior has no real support role in this game and giving it AoE quickness and AoE unblockable for 4 seconds would see it
maybe
being used in WvW or PvP. Possibly in any Fractal or Raid where a boss has a blocking mechanic. Adding on the AoE healing to Quick Breathing itself would not be too powerful, since it is
only
on two skills. Would pair well with Vigorous Shouts though.

Interesting.And while at it, they should add normal warhorn sounds ;)

I'd like to see Hammer get a lil rework, Current state of game - Hammer has no role or place in the game.It offers little movement, little utility and focuses on slow slug like attacks with high cooldowns. Which means this is open to exploitatable blind spam, interupts and easy to dodge attacks.

One of the main skills I'd like to see changed is Hammer 4, rather than an AOE knock back, convert this to a side dodge roll ( like the rangers back stab dodge attack) with the hammer, and then using the top of the hammer to knock the target into the direction you just came from.This would then provide the hammer with at least 1 form of evasive utility.

Hammer F1, Stun.. makes no sense on a ground slam, convert this from stun to float, the more adrenalin the longer they get flicked up for. Animation could be changed to have more of an explosive hit dependant on adren levels.Same goes to the Zerker Hammer F1, if possible convert from daze to launch, Short range would then tie in with the shock waves knocking the player back.

Hammer 3 could be made into a 2 stage skill - long animation time.Slam the ground - same as before, same effect. Then launch yourself towards the target 300 - 450 range.

Hammer 5 and 2 should be fine in their state.

The skills need to be fun to use, currently hammer is the most boring weapon next to Mace + Warhorn. I want to love it... but cant with its current state.

Hammer is disappointing. I know it is used in WvW zergs, but outside that, it is kinda meh. It definitely needs more damage, at least in PvE.Dagger, both MH and OH need much buffs in PvE. I think the trait should add the equivalent of 10% damage while wielding daggers.Warhorn, not sure. Anet tried to make it a WvW support. I do not think it works as such. It surely is not viable anywhere else.Sword, sword 3, faster cast time and probably increase the damage against above 50% HP. Sword burst skill, both regular and berseker, desperately need to change. It needs to be one hit and damage is changed accordingly.I am neutral on mace. It definitely is not a weapon, but more of a breakbar tool. It has no other use. Could it use a damage buff? Sure.Rifle should get straight out damage buff in PvE. A bit as well in PvP.LB was one of my favorite weapons when I started the game. I know if meets its objective in PvE, but so slow build up. It does not work in PvP. It probably needs higher burn intensity instead of duration.Axe and GS are okay they way they are. I know people get too much on the GS buff wagon. No issues with buffing in PvE. But a buff for PvP is not going to happen.

@otto.5684 said:Hammer is disappointing. I know it is used in WvW zergs, but outside that, it is kinda meh. It definitely needs more damage, at least in PvE.Dagger, both MH and OH need much buffs in PvE. I think the trait should add the equivalent of 10% damage while wielding daggers.Warhorn, not sure. Anet tried to make it a WvW support. I do not think it works as such. It surely is not viable anywhere else.Sword, sword 3, faster cast time and probably increase the damage against above 50% HP. Sword burst skill, both regular and berseker, desperately need to change. It needs to be one hit and damage is changed accordingly.I am neutral on mace. It definitely is not a weapon, but more of a breakbar tool. It has no other use. Could it use a damage buff? Sure.Rifle should get straight out damage buff in PvE. A bit as well in PvP.LB was one of my favorite weapons when I started the game. I know if meets its objective in PvE, but so slow build up. It does not work in PvP. It probably needs higher burn intensity instead of duration.Axe and GS are okay they way they are. I know people get too much on the GS buff wagon. No issues with buffing in PvE. But a buff for PvP is not going to happen.

I actually like my hammer. But like Mace/mace its for breakbars. It very useful for some fractal instabilities.Dagger 1,2, 5m and F1 could use either more damage or more utility.I agree with you on sword.Same with LB.Axe/axe was made into a beast by Anet. GS has lagged behind. Namely 100blades needs to be a 2 second channel that is not self rooted, and hit in a wider cone around the warrior. GS4 could use a small damage increase, AA could swing faster.

As always, I don't think arguments based on performance are going to be well heard. What I do suspect is that Anet takes the data for usage and determines what is least used and compares that to what they intended the weapon to be useful or used for. I can definitely feel like rifle ... it's got some love coming to it.

I believe problem is not war but other classes. I dont think buffing war helps at all. What would go better is nerfing other similar skills/class mechanics. We already roll out over content with little to no effort, pvp one shots, raid bosses done with over half time left, open world 11111. Slowing down classes skills, dmg and utility would make game much more, demanding. Shield should only block or reflect or push or daze, not all of that.

@kiranslee.4829 said:I believe problem is not war but other classes. I dont think buffing war helps at all. What would go better is nerfing other similar skills/class mechanics. We already roll out over content with little to no effort, pvp one shots, raid bosses done with over half time left, open world 11111. Slowing down classes skills, dmg and utility would make game much more, demanding. Shield should only block or reflect or push or daze, not all of that.

Oh, hi reasonable person, nice to see you here :D

• Confused 1