Which Race would you like to see in Next Xpac — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Which Race would you like to see in Next Xpac

Grebcol.5984Grebcol.5984 Member ✭✭
edited October 3, 2017 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

So now that PoF didn't add any new race which one would you like to see in a future Xpac? Personally i would highly like to see a dwarf comeback. Would fit perfectly into the story now and this race has a rich & big lore. Second Choice would be Tengu for me.

Which Race would you like to see in Next Xpac 263 votes

Dwarf
15% 41 votes
Tengu
56% 148 votes
Kodan
7% 20 votes
Largos
19% 51 votes
Jotun
1% 3 votes
<13

Comments

• i'm guessing expac 3 will be cantha and the deep sea dragon... so largos would be cool

• All Dwarfs are stone though, so I don't see them coming back.

If Life gives you lemons, put the lemons in a sack and beat up Life for giving you lemons in the first place.

• Grebcol.5984Grebcol.5984 Member ✭✭
    edited October 3, 2017

Dwarfs are "stone" yes but they fight an eternal battle against primordus in the depths of tyria and acting as guardians. That means that we go there in future perhaps. The Asura are originally from there.

• Renai.9256Renai.9256 Member ✭✭

The all dwarves are stone thing could be easy- We just play a dwarf that IS stone!
    I think with the newest gemstore item we won't be getting largos, seeing as we've just chopped off their wings and are flashing them around as a fashion item. While they would've been cool for me Largos are officially off the table.

Tengu would be amazing, and their starting location would be beyond their wall, perhaps intro story mission a instance of them deciding to finally open up to the world.

I don't really see a reason for the other two races, Kodan we barely see outside of their environment and Jotun seem to be a bit mindless ish now, definitely well-fallen from their previous status as chosen of the gods.

• syntohras.1064syntohras.1064 Member ✭✭
    edited October 3, 2017

Dwarf pls. I liked them so much in Guild Wars and c'mon they have the best Armor design ever and that in every Game/Movie hehe. Also Lore wise this race is a good choice.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/df/c5/ba/dfc5ba48ab18fc59c8c932a44bc4eef2.jpg

• I wanna play Thorin Oakenshield! =D

• Tengu or Dwarf (for me they can add both). Pls no Largos im sick and tired of those wing dudes.

• castlemanic.3198castlemanic.3198 Member ✭✭✭✭

I voted tengu because it seems like largos are never going to happen. Since the introduction of those wings in the gemstore, it's a very clear sign the devs are saying largos will never become playable. Same with the kodan combat tonic.

Whataboutism is disingenuous at best. If you join a debate and provide little to no proof when the other side provides lots of evidence, you can't then declare yourself the winner of that debate. I won't engage with bad faith arguments.

• ananda.5946ananda.5946 Member ✭✭
    edited October 3, 2017

I’d prefer no new races of those listed. Most would just be variations of charr (tengu, kodan) and not many people play them. Armours look bad on them, they are too big, et cetera. I’d much prefer they make a lot more armour sets for the existing races.

If we had to have a new playable race, I’d choose choya. :)

• Let the Theme of the dwarves rise again!

• Shanna.4762Shanna.4762 Member ✭✭✭

Return of the Dwarves would be amazing.

• Zahld.4956Zahld.4956 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 4, 2017

Make each race a new mastery that has new skills and abilities like mounts. Armor changing could be optional too.

-AKA yes 'I Approve this pwn'

• Doam.8305Doam.8305 Member ✭✭
    edited October 4, 2017

Race Swap

Some people have mains and yet have no desire to remap and recollect hero points
    I'm all for new races and specs but only after class/race change is an option

• RandomWolf.3986RandomWolf.3986 Member ✭✭✭

This topic has been discussed over and over a million times. There are no resources or time to focus on a new race. It's time to move on.

• Zephyria.6103Zephyria.6103 Member ✭✭
    edited October 4, 2017

Tengu, Hylek, or Skritt. But seeing as only Tengu was in the list, it was an easy choice.

• Rumba.3174Rumba.3174 Member ✭✭✭

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:
    All Dwarfs are stone though, so I don't see them coming back.

What if the Durmand Priory found a way to reverse it?

Gunnars Hold [EU]

• Samnang.1879Samnang.1879 Member ✭✭✭✭

I would like to play as a god.

Anet: give us in-game customizable human NPC companion please
    Please, no more balance changes, or at least reset our gears so we don't have to waste gold changing gears every time.
    Please have option to not receive bloodstone dusts, empyreal fragments, dragonite etc

• Kichwas.7152Kichwas.7152 Member ✭✭✭

@PopeUrban.2578 said:
    We don't need another expansion where the major "feature" is "roll another character"

We don't need more races, and we don't need more classes. We need more armor, more elite specs, and more actual content to play. Yes, these things are mutually exclusive. The same art and animation staff required to make one makes the other.

And yet 5 years in and almost ALL the armor still has buttflaps.

Obviously they don't care to give us any new looks anyway...

So we might as well get new races and classes instead.

Besides, I can't be the only one who's bank is near full of account bound level boosts...

Just say no to butt-flaps.

• Leolas.6273Leolas.6273 Member ✭✭
    edited October 4, 2017

@PopeUrban.2578 said:
    We don't need another expansion where the major "feature" is "roll another character"

Adding multiple races is one of the reasons content feels so sparse in GW2 compared to GW1 in the first place. It drastically increased the financial investment required to create dialogue, armor, and animations for characters.

People like to remind everyone that art assets were cheaper to produce in GW1 as a means of explaining why there was so much more armor and so many more skills, but forget that the fact that there were only ever two animation skeletons and variants of any armor set meant that each took significantly less work.

In addition, adding classes in GW1 was added content for existing characters because of the secondary class system. It made sense there because classes were a system that didn't require a reroll to use them.

Adding races is a non-feature. Races add nothing compelling to the game compared to what we lose. It was the same situation with adding revnant. The decision to add a class took away from the art, animation, sound, and design team that could have easily in stead been used to ship HoT with 2 elite specs for the characters you already have.

The point of expansions is to extend content and rewards. Adding races actively hampers the ability to extend content and rewards while creating a requirement to actively stop playing existing characters to enjoy them.

We don't need more races, and we don't need more classes. We need more armor, more elite specs, and more actual content to play. Yes, these things are mutually exclusive. The same art and animation staff required to make one makes the other.

The Tengu where originally in the game but anet cut them of. That is your view..... for me new races would bring a fresh wind. Guild Wars do have a big lore and it is a fantasy game in first line not some FPS. I loved the dwarves in gw 1 because they are cool and have a nice background (same as Tengu). For a MMO it is essential for many players that u can identify with your toon. And for real the new elites aren't that good. Heck even for PvP/WvWvW it is more a disaster now because there are plenty people which are not in love how bad the balance now is.

Im a player who doesn't play a MMO only for rewards. Perhaps im too old school now. I grow up with games like Baldurs Gate & Co. I do not need any baggys (or carrots) for getting me happy in a game.

Some features aren't often that big on the paper but big & strong in your mind. Don't forget this hehe.

• can't it equally be tengu or largos? I don't want to choose just one lol

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

None.

I would much rather see those dev resources go elsewhere.

• Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Grebcol.5984 said:
    So now that PoF didn't add any new race which one would you like to see in a future Xpac? Personally i would highly like to see a dwarf comeback. Would fit perfectly into the story now and this race has a rich & big lore. Second Choice would be Tengu for me.

A dev said they are not going to add a new race.

• paintpixie.7398paintpixie.7398 Member ✭✭✭

I want them to invent a new one.

• Ellisande.5218Ellisande.5218 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2017

None. Adding another race would be a waste of resources. I'd much rather see race unique content in expansions.

Also most of the other species are horribly ugly and stupid and would ruin my gameplay experience even more if I had to see more of them than I already do.

• Malediktus.9250Malediktus.9250 Member ✭✭✭✭

This game will never get new races because it would cause problems with all existing armor sets and outfits.

• DeanBB.4268DeanBB.4268 Member ✭✭✭✭

Did I miss the option for "we have enough races already?"

X__________________________
    (Signature Required)

• Jotun: 1 vote

sadness :/

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

Largos. I'd love an exp focused on underwater areas.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭

None of the above, Skritt. You can make Skritt work by having 4 or 5 running in unison with the gear and weapons split between them as I'll fitting oversized items, I say more than one because in Lore they don't become smart unless they are in a pack so I figure 4 Or 5 working together would make them smart enough to be on par with a player character.

• Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Grebcol.5984 said:

A dev said they are not going to add a new race.

Thats racist!

• Race? I don't much care about... Class though, if they made Cantha the next xpac, I would love to see Ritualist and Monk be included to play.
    Ritualist only because the 2 classes that were made extra in the Factions Campaign was Rit and Assassin (well we already have theif) and even though some have said that Revenant was basically a Rit.. I just don't feel it.
    Warrior Monks would be awesome, obviously not full healers/smiters like in Guild Wars - because there is no Trinity here.
    I would prefer classes over race (but that is just me :/ )

• Iron.4372Iron.4372 Member ✭✭

I think Tengu will be something big in the future - there is still that Dominion-zone near LA, which is closed since start. If there will be a new race one day, I can bet it will be Tengu's race. They have influence in Tyria, Cantha, so it would be possible to create new starting zone in other continent or near LA.

Dwarves ? Stoned
    Kodan? Too close to Norn
    Largos? Not so much lore about them, they're quite new, and there was only one time, when we met one of them (in story)
    Jotun? I will take it as a nice joke :D

• Shaaba.5672Shaaba.5672 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2017

I see ow the OP is talking about a playable race. I just thought it was meant as a focus of the story, not playable. I voted for dwarves because I like them, and I could see them or their lore playing a role in a Norn-focused story, which I would like to see in the future.

• Goettel.4389Goettel.4389 Member ✭✭✭✭

Exalted. Or Moa's.

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

Another race poll? :\

And Tengu are above 50% again? :3
    Gimme birbs to go with my gryffonbirb.

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

Tengu or Kodan.
    Dwarves are no possible unless they retcon Eye of the North out of GW1.
    Largos are not possible due to butterfly like wings.
    Jotun perhaps, but they're not as sophisticated as the other races, so it'll be hard to have them leading destiny's edge

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• I've always wanted to see playable Tengu in GW2, or any new playable race for that matter. But after two expansions and no indication of that ever happening my doubts are growing.

Do not allow the perfect to be the enemy of the good.

• Exsul.5803Exsul.5803 Member ✭✭

I want to play as a Vinetooth Ranger with a Norn pet.

• Zaltys.7649Zaltys.7649 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2017

Dwarves are culturally too similar to Norn, and Largos are just underwater dark elves who prefer to work alone. I don't see how the latter could work for story missions.

I'd prefer tengu; how many other MMORPGs have playable birds (actual birds, not 'angels' or other winged humans)? It''d certainly make the franchise more unique.

• Well, I'd personally like to see Largos especially since I can't make a character look enough like one to justify buying/using the Largos fin backpiece they recently added to the game. Or they at least need to add a pale skintone with a blue-ish hue for humans in the total makeover kit options. B)

• Ayumi Spender.1082Ayumi Spender.1082 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2017

Kodan Kodan KODAN KODAN!
    The Kodans were the 1st ones I took complete interest in lore-wise in this game. More Kodans. Lots more Kodan.
    Check the profession topics and their talk about imbalance... we need Kodans!

@Iron.4372 said:
    I think Tengu will be something big in the future - there is still that Dominion-zone near LA, which is closed since start. If there will be a new race one day, I can bet it will be Tengu's race. They have influence in Tyria, Cantha, so it would be possible to create new starting zone in other continent or near LA.

Dwarves ? Stoned
    Kodan? Too close to Norn
    Largos? Not so much lore about them, they're quite new, and there was only one time, when we met one of them (in story)
    Jotun? I will take it as a nice joke :D

They're not. Because Kodans aren't a group of drunks that only speak of "legends".

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ardid.7203 said:
    Another poll for the same, and again Skritt, Quaggan and Ogre options are missing. Please search the forum before making these.
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/5827/theoretically-what-new-playable-race-do-you-want/p1

You make it sound like the quaggans are actually welcome,
    Don't be silly

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?