Guesting In Other Server

Hi all.

Accordingly, the procedures to guest in other server is to click World Selection >> Select Server >> Click Guest, and a travel case will appear next to the server you wanted to guest in. So I clicked play but it did not bring me to the guest server. I went into my home server. I logged out and login in again, the travel case is still next to the server, i tried double clicking, changed toons yet no matter what I did, I just couldn't get into the guest server.

Do I need to put my toons in specific location for this to work? The server I am trying to get into is not full but only having medium population and I know the guesting system is not glitched because just yesterday, i saw a guest visitor in my server.

I tried googling for help but get no info on this D: Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do. There are no important distinctions between servers in PvE, no distinctions whatsoever for PvP, and for WvW, you can't guest at all.

Guesting in PvE in 2019 offers you a chance that you might reach a different instance of your current map, if there are multiple instances available. For popular maps or during/immediately before meta/world boss events, LFG is a more reliable way to reach a different IP. For less popular maps, there often is only a single instance, so guesting won't have any impact at all.

But like I said, I was in WvW when this guy was chatting in Team Chat and when I checked, he appeared as a 'guest' in my list. And I have seen this more than once. I need to go into that server in wvw just for some clarifications. That's all. I am not bandwagoning or whatnot. I have stopped WvWing, at least for the past weeks.

@"Mil.3562" said:Do I need to put my toons in specific location for this to work? The server I am trying to get into is not full but only having medium population and I know the guesting system is not glitched because just yesterday, i saw a guest visitor in my server.

I understand what you're asking for.

The current

mechanic only works for the PvE World.

ANet would have to re-purpose this game mechanic & change the Match-Up mechanics for it to work in WvW.

ANet has no plans to re-purpose this game mechanic at this time.

This is How I'd like to see Server Guesting re-purposed for WvW:

1) Assign All Servers a Single Home Map.2) Each Home Server Map would have 3 Colored Way points (Red, Green, and Blue).

3) Players always enter their Home Map through the Red Way point.4) Players always enter other Maps through the Green or Blue Way point as an enemy.

5) Next, remove the Fixed 3-Way Match-ups that forces Servers to only fight against other servers within their Ranked Tier.6) Next, use a Server's WvW Ranking to Reward or Punish Players.

7) Reward players for attacking Higher Ranked Servers compared to their Home Server's Rank.8) Punish players for attacking Lower Ranked Servers compared to their Home Server's Rank.

9) Allow players to use a Server Raiding mechanic - (Re-Purposed Server Guesting) to pick any (EU or NA) Server's Home Map to Attack.

Unfortunately...the above Server Raiding mechanic doesn't exist for WvW.

I understand what you were hoping for...because it's the same thing that I'm hoping for, but most folks here nowadays...don't like this idea, but I'll continue to humbly ask for support.

Yours truly,Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

If we had a Server Raiding mechanic...

Basically...a Re-Purposed

mechanic & a new Match-up model...

Would allow for both national & international servers to exist independently of each other.While allowing them to fight collaboratively together against a common enemy if the need arises.

Wouldn't that be nice...while ANet could fix 3 major things using the above example:

1) Reduce the direct impact of Server stacking to Match-Ups2) Allow friends & family to play together from many different Worlds3) Allow Off-peak capping, but let players to work out a solution themselves

Yours truly,Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

@"Mil.3562" said:But like I said, I was in WvW when this guy was chatting in Team Chat and when I checked, he appeared as a 'guest' in my list. And I have seen this more than once. I need to go into that server in wvw just for some clarifications. That's all. I am not bandwagoning or whatnot. I have stopped WvWing, at least for the past weeks.

Regardless of what you might have seen, it is not possible to guest in WvW. You can belong to one and only one world at a time.

I'm not sure what you mean by "appeared as 'guest' in [a] list." What list?

It is possible to join a linked world, in which multiple servers combine to form one team playing on the same maps. However, members of the linked worlds aren't "guests" in the technical meaning of the phrase in GW2. (Using the plain English meaning of the term, 'guest' is reasonable, so maybe it's some sort of Discord or Mumble or Team Speak definition manually applied by someone being incautious about their terminology.)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Mil.3562" said:But like I said, I was in WvW when this guy was chatting in Team Chat and when I checked, he appeared as a 'guest' in my list. And I have seen this more than once. I need to go into that server in wvw just for some clarifications. That's all. I am not bandwagoning or whatnot. I have stopped WvWing, at least for the past weeks.

Regardless of what you might have seen, it is not possible to
in WvW. You can belong to one and only one world at a time.

I'm not sure what you mean by "appeared as 'guest' in [a] list." What list?

It is possible to join a
linked
world, in which multiple servers combine to form one team playing on the same maps. However, members of the linked worlds aren't "guests" in the technical meaning of the phrase in GW2. (Using the plain English meaning of the term, 'guest' is reasonable, so maybe it's some sort of Discord or Mumble or Team Speak definition manually applied by someone being incautious about their terminology.)

I think maybe you guys are right. No guesting in WvW, only PVE. The player that I saw could be using an account with the ID "dot guest ", probably for WvW chat trolling only. The list is my block list :D But he is a troll ok? And a very bad one. Thank you all for replying <3

Thank you for offering to help but it's just a personal matter.

Simply put :

A few months ago, I got an invitation to this level 60+ WvW guild and the GL seemed like a nice person. Whenever I am online he would whispered me and chat with me, always inviting me to his squad and always reminding me not to leave his guild or he will miss me. Lol, really, those are his words and I was like 'omg, you don't even know me ' :D This GL likes to bandwagon to T1 server, so every two months he will jump server and expect his guild to follow him.

I don't mind following him but only to servers that I don't have bad experience with before. So, on last Friday relink, my server was not linked to a T1 World, and as expected, my GL jumped to a linked server that is in T1. He whispered me and asked to to come over but I told him I didn't like the server he was in, I was there before and the WvW community is not friendly with two rude and toxic commanders running the show. I told him I am also a long time member and senior officer in two other max level guilds and they are now in T2 and T3.

Btw, I did not say I am not going over, just contemplating and guess what happened next? Immediately, he got mad and said, ' ok time for you to leave the guild ' and kicked me out and totally block me. I was like, "OMG what is happening?? Whatever happened to " I will miss you " lolI was more amused that angry actually ^^

I just want to know if he is ok, and why is he so over-reacting. Is he someone I know IRL? xD Anyway, he blocked me and I cannot whisper him at all and his mail is blocked too. So I guess the only way is to go to him and ask him personally. And, I thought guesting in WvW works. Silly me.

Sorry for the long story but you asked :D I really appreciate your offer though, thanks again <3 . But, you know what? Just forget it. If he is really a RL friend, he'll come back to me, eventually ^^ Otherwise, he's just a nobody I met in game, so petty and childish even xD

@"Mil.3562" said:Thank you for offering to help but it's just a personal matter.

Simply put :

A few months ago, I got an invitation to this level 60+ WvW guild and the GL seemed like a nice person. Whenever I am online he would whispered me and chat with me, always inviting me to his squad and always reminding me not to leave his guild or he will miss me. Lol, really, those are his words and I was like 'omg, you don't even know me ' :D This GL likes to bandwagon to T1 server, so every two months he will jump server and expect his guild to follow him.

I don't mind following him but only to servers that I don't have bad experience with before. So, on last Friday relink, my server was not linked to a T1 World, and as expected, my GL jumped to a linked server that is in T1. He whispered me and asked to to come over but I told him I didn't like the server he was in, I was there before and the WvW community is not friendly with two rude and toxic commanders running the show. I told him I am also a long time member and senior officer in two other max level guilds and they are now in T2 and T3.

Btw, I did not say I am not going over, just contemplating and guess what happened next? Immediately, he got mad and said, ' ok time for you to leave the guild ' and kicked me out and totally block me. I was like, "OMG what is happening?? Whatever happened to " I will miss you " lolI was more amused that angry actually ^^

I just want to know if he is ok, and why is he so over-reacting. Is he someone I know IRL? xD Anyway, he blocked me and I cannot whisper him at all and his mail is blocked too. So I guess the only way is to go to him and ask him personally. And, I thought guesting in WvW works. Silly me.

Sorry for the long story but you asked :D I really appreciate your offer though, thanks again <3 . But, you know what? Just forget it. If he is really a RL friend, he'll come back to me, eventually ^^ Otherwise, he's just a nobody I met in game, so petty and childish even xD

Well i would kick you, if you didn't come to the server the guild was going. But for sure wouldn't block you.

I don't think you were very important part of the guild (hence the no "i will miss you") or all that hardcore, else you'd know that pointing out guild levels just makes you look weird and noobish. Which again solidifies the, not so important part of the guild and posiblly on future to be kicked list.

@SloRules.3560 said:

@"Mil.3562" said:Well i would kick you, if you didn't come to the server the guild was going. But for sure wouldn't block you.

I don't think you were very important part of the guild (hence the no "i will miss you") or all that hardcore, else you'd know that pointing out guild levels just makes you look weird and noobish. Which again solidifies the, not so important part of the guild and posiblly on future to be kicked list.

A lot of assumptions >.>

Ok, if you read my post again, I did not tell him I am not going over but only said I don't like that server. And that guild, even on wvw reset day, there were no more than 3-4 members online running with the GL, now I know why lol. I am always among those few regular wvw players.

Your comment on " I will miss you ", again another assumption, did you actually read my post? Or were you able to see his whispers to me? :D

I don't understand what do you mean by hardcore. If you mean playing meta classes, no I am playing healing Tempest, not meta at all but my exGL is no better, he is a ranger... So i guess your assumptions are all wrong. And, your criticism on being noobish when someone mentioned guild level, well that's your opinion but for me, when I mentioned my guild level, it's because I am just proud of them being max level \o/

I think you are the weird one here.

@Mil.3562 said:

@Mil.3562 said:Well i would kick you, if you didn't come to the server the guild was going. But for sure wouldn't block you.

A lot of assumptions >.>

Ok, if you read my post again, I did not tell him I am not going over but only said I don't like that server. And that guild, even on wvw reset day, there were no more than 3-4 members online running with the GL, now I know why lol. I am always among those few regular wvw players.

Your comment on " I will miss you ", again another assumption, did you actually read my post? Or were you able to see his whispers to me? :D

I don't understand what do you mean by hardcore. If you mean playing meta classes, no I am playing healing Tempest, not meta at all but my exGL is no better, he is a ranger... So i guess your assumptions are all wrong. And, your criticism on being noobish when someone mentioned guild level, well that's your opinion but for me, when I mentioned my guild level, it's because I am just proud of them being max level \o/

I think you are the weird one here.

I taught you were talking about wvw guild...

@SloRules.3560 said:I taught you were talking about wvw guild...

Not all WvW guilds are hard core. I've been a member of several throughout the years, none of which would have /kicked me for not wanting to spend 1000 or 1800 gems for not wanting to move. The OP was under the impression that the guild she was in valued its personal relationships over commitment to bandwagoning.

To be clear: I don't have a problem with a WvW guild that is strict about participation or about insisting that everyone more every 2 months (as needed). That's up to the guild's leadership, not any of us looking from the outside. The problem here was that (according to the OP) the GL's words didn't match their actions.