Fashion Wars Runway Show: Mix n Match Armor — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Fashion Wars Runway Show: Mix n Match Armor

Rhanoa.3960Rhanoa.3960 Member ✭✭✭
edited October 25, 2017 in Community Creations

Bring this back to life!
Please post your awesome Mix n Match Armor!
You can get InfranView photo editing to create a Panoramic Image under the Image tab.
Have fun folks!

<13

Comments

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2017

Here's some of mine:

This is my main character, so her costume probably changes the most, but this is one of my favourites. Noble coat, Fire God's vambraces, Buccaneer leggings and Carapace boots. Oh and the Dreamer and a killer whale quaggan backpack.

This is my elementalist. She's (loosely) based on the Maguuma jungle from GW1 and it took me forever to get the right skins and dyes. She's wearing the Snapdragon top and skirt and Orchid 'boots' (which have been mistaken for invisible shoes at least once) and the Sun Catcher backpack (which doesn't fit the theme but does fit her name - Alleria Wildrunner - I like to imagine the backpack literally absorbs sunlight and she channels it into her magic).

This one is my engineer. The theme here is practicality. She's a norn and she learned engineering from the charr so she doesn't go in for lots of flashy effects or glowy bits. Her clothing is designed to stay out the way when she's working and fighting. She's wearing the Krytan top, ascended medium trousers and Wolf boots with the Antitoxin Injector backpack and amberite pistols.

And this is my thief. He's Ash Legion turned Order of Whispers so he wears the Whispers coat dyed black, but with the Buccaneer leggings and Emblazoned Boots. He's recently acquired a pair of Elonian pistols too.

(Edited to embed the pictures now that's possible.)

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"Not dead which eternal lie, stranger eons death may die. Drain you of your sanity, face the thing that should not be"

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2017

Here's a gallery of pretty much everything my characters ever wore, including mostly mix-n-match sets:

(click for full size image)

Note: Some chars changed their physical appearance (gender, heritage) over time, so don't get too confused over the variety you see. I "only" have a total of 12 characters.

• Razor.9872Razor.9872 Member ✭✭✭

Here's my cRanger:
    https://imgur.com/a/BCwao

NSPride~

• DietPepsi.4371DietPepsi.4371 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2018

Reeva

Named after and influenced by the NPC of the same name. She is a sniper, so she ditches the chest piece to make sniping from the prone position easier. She is also proficient in the use of bows. Alt image

You stand to benefit more from making friends than you do making enemies.

• Fipmip.7219Fipmip.7219 Member ✭✭✭

All right, gonna get my character on the first page!

Fighting down a slope

Walking down a street

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2019

Since the character creation screen does not allow to see your Charr characters as a whole, I am adding this in-game screenshot:

Edit: Adding the image to one of my other posts in this thread.

I wish there was a way to find out why someone gave my post a thumbs down.

Otherwise I'm just going to assume it's because of The Dreamer.

"Not dead which eternal lie, stranger eons death may die. Drain you of your sanity, face the thing that should not be"

• Rhanoa.3960Rhanoa.3960 Member ✭✭✭

@Danikat.8537 said:
    I wish there was a way to find out why someone gave my post a thumbs down.

Otherwise I'm just going to assume it's because of The Dreamer.

Sadly anything on the forums is subject to criticism thumbs up or down are just a quicker way of say it without being too negative I guess.
    Wish there was an option to enable or disable it per topic.

I personally enjoy seeing the various thoughts put together for any character in an unbiased approach.
    This is suppose to be fun, so, I am hoping this doesn't discourage others from posting their cool threads!

• Razor.9872Razor.9872 Member ✭✭✭

Haha, I guess 2 people really didn't like my look xD

NSPride~

• Rhanoa.3960Rhanoa.3960 Member ✭✭✭

@Razor.9872 said:
    Haha, I guess 2 people really didn't like my look xD

I liked it, I thought it was very Mad Max!

edited September 18, 2017

@PistolWhip.2697 said:

Way better than the eye cancer aura stacked lightbulbs people think is fashion nowadays.

Preach!

• Thelgar.7214Thelgar.7214 Member ✭✭✭

Chips Bangersmash, Norn Guardian, changes more than any of my characters. Currently he is in what is either a Thor Destroyer look or Batman Dark Knight look (especially with the guild shirt), depending on the point of view. Dye is all Glossy Black, one of my current favorites. The neutrality of the color makes it a nice base to equip legendaries.

Phalanx Warhelm - One of the nicest helms in the game IMO.
    Guild Defender Shoulderplate - A stylish and detailed shoulder piece that isn't huge.
    Dark Templar Breastplate/Guild Defender Chestpiece - I like running the Guild Defender piece in WvW.
    Phalanx Gauntlet - The odd hexagonal shape keeps it from interfering with the fireceps from Rodgort and the iceps from Frostfang.
    Heritage Legplates - No buttcape and no crotchrag.
    Mistward Warboots - Fancy, and there aren't a lot of decent-looking, heavy boots.

https://imgur.com/a/xzisq

• Paralux.6714Paralux.6714 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 3, 2017

Ooh! I was thinking of creating a "post your mix and n match armor"-thread, but then I found this one! ;) I really liked the one in the old forum, so I hope this one will be as popular.

Here's two of mine. Most of my characters have mix and match armor though.

Enxari. Human mesmer.
    https://imgur.com/a/Bgjag
    Wraith Masque
    Sorcerer's Epaulets
    Phoenix Vest
    Sorcerer's Livery
    Triumphant Leggins
    Illustrious Footwear
    Colours used: Antique Gold, Maroon and Cobalt.

Aweryl. Human ranger.
    https://imgur.com/a/1neqE
    "Hidden"
    Sneakthief Shoulderguards
    Heritage Jerkin
    Rascal Gloves
    Elonian Leggins
    Duelist Boots
    Colours used: Enameled Longevity, Shadow Orange and Shadow Turquoise.

• @Paralux.6714 said

Enxari. Human mesmer.
    https://imgur.com/a/Bgjag
    Wraith Masque
    Sorcerer's Epaulets
    Phoenix Vest
    Sorcerer's Livery
    Triumphant Leggins
    Illustrious Footwear
    Colours used: Antique Gold, Maroon and Cobalt.

That is a great look. Great colour mix and the pieces all fit thematically.

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone tell you different." ~ Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

• Adenin.5973Adenin.5973 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 3, 2017

My condi Ranger , still my main in PoF.

Also, revisited my Necro

• SmirkDog.3160SmirkDog.3160 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 3, 2017

My human Renegade post-PoF story:

Mask of the Wanderer
    (No shoulders visible)
    Elonian Breastplate
    Pirate Hook
    Grasping Dead Legguards
    Protector's Footgear

Jackal Pup Backpack

Machined Shortbow (though the Godslayer shortbow is my ideal skin) & Bifrost

A few screenshots:

Daud Dreadwyrm | Renegade | Yak's Bend (NA) | I don't want to play anymore because GW2 has just become a pointless grindfest.

• Erulogos.2591Erulogos.2591 Member ✭✭✭

Here's my Necro: https://i.imgur.com/2kwadqD.jpg
    Leystone Crown
    Primitive Shoulder
    Carapace Top
    Feather Skirt
    Leystone Gloves
    ...and I forget which boots
    A second shot: https://i.imgur.com/05TvEGS.jpg

• Lambent.6375Lambent.6375 Member ✭✭✭

@FOX.3582 said:
    A freaking chair. Woah. I personally can't wait to buy a gem store CHAIR, so all my characters can SIT around in Tyria while other players see me, SITTING there, looking like a [email protected] ...

• I have 24 characters, and I need to take updated screenshots of all of them. I may make a separate folder for everyone on Imgur, then upload the link to the album when I'm done. This way, I'm not spamming up with at least 24 different links. XD

"For the Panini!" // NA (USA)/Ehmry Bay/[EBAY]
    Main characters: Runa Xandrill--Lvl 80 Female Human Dragonhunter, Passiflora Dionaea--Lvl 80 Female Sylvari Reaper

• MrRay.3027MrRay.3027 Member ✭✭✭

My Sylvari Elementalist https://imgur.com/ye3pykB
    Probably no the most original look, especially for the color scheme, but I like the "sporty" look of it and that it fits the theme of the elementalist (with the war god sword and dagger I "wear" all the elements)
    Tempest Loop
    Leystone Vestments
    Light Glacial Gauntlets (still between this and the new weaver gauntlets, but the look of those gloves without the water/fire effects is awful)
    Whisper's Secret Gauntlets (had to make a new character and make it up to the lvl 30 mission just for these leggings, because I had no other character with whisper's secret faction)
    Carapace Shoes

• endeavor.7530endeavor.7530 Member
    edited October 21, 2017

This is my Renegade. "Warmarshal Jones." Honestly surprised the name wasn't taken.

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2017

My Elly Aranimda. Main character.

Screenshot from the first day of the game. It has been quite a journey.

When I was just a little boy
    I asked my player
    What will I be
    Will I be legend
    Will I ride mounts
    Here's what he said to me

Que sera, sera
    Whatever will be, will be
    The future's not ours to see
    Que sera, sera
    What will be, will be

Edit: This post was completely on-topic before the OP changed.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• lunarminx.3624lunarminx.3624 Member ✭✭
    edited October 21, 2017

My new main for Halloween, Elementalist.

• My Necromancer!

• My Revernant!

• My Hunter!

• My Guardian!

• lunarminx.3624lunarminx.3624 Member ✭✭
    edited October 21, 2017

My first Elementalist!

• Zaltys.7649Zaltys.7649 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2017

I prefer to keep it simple, and avoid anything that's frilly. Here's my sylvari engineer/pyro:

Tried to pick armor with grainy textures. Because Sylvari. (Not shown: Lucky Ram Lantern worn on back, to match the battering ram she's using in combat.)

• Kichwas.7152Kichwas.7152 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2017

My Elonan descended elementalist, Mallalai;

My Norn Thief:

My Charr Warrior:

And my Asura Revenant:

Just say no to butt-flaps.

• Haishao.6851Haishao.6851 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2017

uguu      

My ele on the left, with a friend's necro: https://i.imgur.com/CWJkWtC.png
    My necro: https://i.imgur.com/YxZS9wW.png

• Arzurag.7506Arzurag.7506 Member ✭✭✭

@Alga.6498 said:
    The one and only... :skull: :rage:

kitten, instead of posting my own character I could use your picture as mine because my char looks exactly the same.
    Same outfit, same greatsword-skin, same beard even the colour-scheme is the same, what a coincidence.^^

"I´m not big on sermons nor words, Broken bones teach better lessons and speak for themselves."

• Panda.1967Panda.1967 Member ✭✭✭

Vexi, my little Asura Mesmer

Myrar, my Charr Engineer in her ongoing quest to find a cute techy outfit... things are not going to well in that department...

Kirrea, my Elementalist, styled to represent the very elements themselves.

Roserin, my Sylvari Ranger... currently pictured without pants, atleast until I can get ahold of some medium legs to properly show off her legs...

Cypryss, my Sylvari Necromancer...

Agamii, my Asura Guardian, dressed in her finest exosuit... who needs a bulky giant golem when you can wear one instead, and look amazing in the process.

Please stop assuming I'm a male, I am female.

• Fluffball.8307Fluffball.8307 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kichwas.7152 said:

kitten, that is one sexy ele.

• @Kichwas.7152 said:

My Norn Thief:

My Charr Warrior:

And my Asura Revenant:

I love the bright orange against your elementalist's skin!

• Samnang.1879Samnang.1879 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2017

i love my guardian and revenant, they look so epic!

pic
    pic2

Anet: give us in-game customizable human NPC companion please
    Please, no more balance changes, or at least reset our gears so we don't have to waste gold changing gears every time.
    Please have option to not receive bloodstone dusts, empyreal fragments, dragonite etc

• Panda.1967Panda.1967 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2017

Got a better picture of my Mesmer in better lighting:

Vexi even posed for the camera

Please stop assuming I'm a male, I am female.

Chimie Pepin. Iron Legion Adamant Guard (foreign intelligence/external operations).

I much prefer modest clothing over excessive and obnoxious fever dream stuff.

• Alga.6498Alga.6498 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Arzurag.7506 said:

@Alga.6498 said:
    The one and only... :skull: :rage:

kitten, instead of posting my own character I could use your picture as mine because my char looks exactly the same.
    Same outfit, same greatsword-skin, same beard even the colour-scheme is the same, what a coincidence.^^

Ohh! Really?? :hushed: Yay! Another Balthazar fan =) I'd like to see both of our characters standing next to each other :blush:

| Separatist | Nightmare Court | Inquest | White Mantle | Sunspears | Loyalists | Ascalon | Kryta | Ebonhawke | Elona | Istan | Kourna | Vabbi | Cantha | Luxon | Kurzick | 71 characters | "Rally to me, Ascalonians!" "Keep Ascalon in your heart." "May the Gods protect you." "Be blessed by the Six."

edited October 26, 2017

Edit: So apparently 2 topics have been merged, making this post a duplicate. I've deleted everything except the updated screenshot for my main character.

This is my main (ranger). Her 'theme' is 'skins & colours I like'. I try to make them look good together but literally the only criteria is that I like it.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.