Suggestion: Naming Inventory Bags

I think it would be really useful for players if we could name our inventory bags. For example, instead of Starter Pack, we could name it Junk. Another example, instead of having 4 "Leather Bags," we could name them individually, such as Equipment, Materials, etc.

@"Xero.8391" said:I think it would be really useful for players if we could name our inventory bags. For example, instead of Starter Pack, we could name it Junk. Another example, instead of having 4 "Leather Bags," we could name them individually, such as Equipment, Materials, etc.

If you're sorting stuff that way anyway, I strongly recommend getting the auto-sorting bags. Thus the Craftsmans Bag is for materials, the Equipment Pack is for dropped gear, the Invisible Bag/Pack/Safe Box is for stuff you're keeping (like extra armors and weapons) and the Oiled Pack is for junk.

I see a much bigger gain in being able to name bank tabs, but if one is added, why not both?

@"Xero.8391" said:I'm new and have no idea where or how to get those bags you mentioned. However, even then, I'd still prefer to be able to name bags if possible. ^^

They are all craftable, by Tailor, Leatherworker or Armorsmith (although the Armorsmith ones are called boxes rather than bags). You might find them on the Trading Post.

The key point is that the Craftsman's Bag (or Box) automatically receives crafting materials if it isn't full, and similarly for some of the others ("Oiled" receives grey-quality junk, etc.). And they appear on the vertical list with tooltips that say what they are beyond simply "Leather Bag" or "Orichalcum Box". "Safe" or "Invisible" ones don't automatically receive items, but whatever you put in them is hidden when you try to sell stuff at a vendor.

@"Xero.8391" said:I'm new and have no idea where or how to get those bags you mentioned. However, even then, I'd still prefer to be able to name bags if possible. ^^

The wiki has an extensive list of all bags available in game, complete with a description of their functionality and how to get them. Many of them can be crafted by armorer, tailor or leatherworker. The larger ones (beyond 20 slots) tend to be rarely used, as they are awfully expensive and not tradeable, but the ones up to 20 slots can be bought from the trading post if you don't have a crafter to craft them yourself.

• 2 weeks later...