Newzerker is amazing.

Rotten Bones.2391

@Rotten Bones.2391 said:It's everything you could ever want from an elite spec called BERSERKER, truly a terror this no downstate week with unblockable arc divider spam. Keep up the good work Anet, looking forward to more profession rebalances if they're going to be just as awesome as this one was.

Try to realize that Arc Divider was just the water to swallow a hard pill. Hardly a mistake on their side how OP it is but rather an implementation strategy. It will be nerfed and you will be left with a broken mechanic to late to provide real feedback on what it was implemented weeks ago.

Yep, ppl are going to complain about broken arc divider and then you have nothing left, since its sadly the only good thing about berserker right now.

How can you even make the statement, that a WHOLE specc is amazing when your only argument is a single spell. Its quite depressing for me tbh

@RedShark.9548 said:Yep, ppl are going to complain about broken arc divider and then you have nothing left, since its sadly the only good thing about berserker right now.

How can you even make the statement, that a WHOLE specc is amazing when your only argument is a single spell. Its quite depressing for me tbh

Even if they nerf it by 50%, it still will be amazing spell due to inflicting vulnerability three times (30%) from Arms tree.You will kill a guy regardless of arc divider damage, you will just need to whirlwind him for extra dmg, this skill is also strong.

@KelyNeli.4516 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:Yep, ppl are going to complain about broken arc divider and then you have nothing left, since its sadly the only good thing about berserker right now.

Even if they nerf it by 50%, it still will be amazing spell due to inflicting vulnerability three times (30%) from Arms tree.You will kill a guy regardless of arc divider damage, you will just need to whirlwind him for extra dmg, this skill is also strong.

Maybe ... but what is relevant is what it is now ... and right now Berserker is being hard carried by Arc Divider. Even if applying Vuln three times makes the most nerfed skill amazing ... that doesn't change what people are experiencing with how Berserker plays. If what you say is true, then it's just a different skill carrying berserker and that's just as bad.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"RedShark.9548" said:Yep, ppl are going to complain about broken arc divider and then you have nothing left, since its sadly the only good thing about berserker right now.

Maybe ... but what is relevant is what it is now ... and right now Berserker is being hard carried by Arc Divider. Even if applying Vuln three times makes the most nerfed skill amazing ... that doesn't change what people are experiencing with how Berserker plays. If what you say is true, then it's just a different skill carrying berserker and that's just as bad.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sundering_Burst

It will only apply 5 stacks of vulnerability even if all 3 waves hit. If it applies more than that, it's probably a bug.

@TheBravery.9615 said:

@"RedShark.9548" said:Yep, ppl are going to complain about broken arc divider and then you have nothing left, since its sadly the only good thing about berserker right now.

It will only apply 5 stacks of vulnerability even if all 3 waves hit. If it applies more than that, it's probably a bug.

Yeah, I didn't want to argue with the poster about how 'awesome' Sundering Burst was ... but there isn't any way 5 stacks of vuln carries anything, even if Arc Divider was nerfed 50%. It's certainly not 'amazing' ... applying 5 stacks of vuln ins't actually that impressive.

my point is ... I don't care what skill it is, there is something obviously deficient with Berserker if skills (especially core warrior ones) need to carry it.

While I appreciate the effort that Anet put into the changes, I have to agree that the spec is currently being carried by Arc Divider. If (likely when) this gets toned down, what else does it have compared to core or spellbreaker?

I've actually already gone back to my core power build in PvE. It feels more well rounded to me and the damage/cc output more consistent.

@stone cold.8609 said:While I appreciate the effort that Anet put into the changes, I have to agree that the spec is currently being carried by Arc Divider. If (likely when) this gets toned down, what else does it have compared to core or spellbreaker?

I've actually already gone back to my core power build in PvE. It feels more well rounded to me and the damage/cc output more consistent.

Well rounded is the best phrase to describe what Berserker is not.

@stone cold.8609 said:

Well, good job. It's almost like it's a good thing that the gameplay varies between the core/e-specs and you can pick what you prefer to play. That hardly is an argument against the spec though.

• Confused 1

@cryorion.9532 said:

@stone cold.8609 said:While I appreciate the effort that Anet put into the changes, I have to agree that the spec is currently being carried by Arc Divider. If (likely when) this gets toned down, what else does it have compared to core or spellbreaker?

Well rounded is the best phrase to describe what Berserker is not.

very much this. The class just became a one trick pony spam that F1 while it last.

I came back to berserker warrior from revenant because i found it pretty difficult to manage my resources with him and i was not performing well in PVE in comparison to berserker due to the gameplay differences and whatnot different goals. Does it make revenant class irrelevant ?

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Well, let's be clear ... Arc Divider is amazing, OP in fact. Otherwise, don't get too excited.Please define OP.I fought an elementalist weaver that literally spam evade every single arc divider.So, if Arc divider is OP will that make weaver spam evades extremely OP?

Probably ... I mean, if we can't be honest about the kind of potential Arc Divider has, there is no chance in hell Anet is going to listen to players complaints about Berserker. In otherwords, if you LIKE how berserker works right now, then Arc Divider isn't a problem for you. If you want Berserker to appeal to a less 'macro-programmed gamplay' sort of audience, then Arc Divider should have a very serious reconsideration.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sundering_Burst

I can confirm that all multiple waves apply vulnerability. So, 10 stacks from berserk mode strike (because you are running 100% crit right?), 10 from the first hit of Arc Divider, and then the second hit caps at 25 stacks.

Thus, even if they addressed multiple waves applying vulnerability, Berserk Mode and the first wave of Arc Divider will still apply up to 20 stacks for you.

@"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

I can confirm that all multiple waves apply vulnerability. So, 10 stacks from berserk mode strike (because you are running 100% crit right?), 10 from the first hit of Arc Divider, and then the second hit caps at 25 stacks.

Thus, even if they addressed multiple waves applying vulnerability, Berserk Mode and the first wave of Arc Divider will still apply up to 20 stacks for you.

then that is a bug.

otherwise multihit bursts like flaming flurry would also cap 25 stacks of vulrn, which it never did and would never do

@Sobx.1758 said:

Well, good job. It's almost like it's a good thing that the gameplay varies between the core/e-specs and you can pick what you prefer to play. That hardly is an argument against the spec though.

I wasn't arguing against it at all. I'm all for more choices, especially for warrior which essentially has only had one role in PvE (banners/cc) for a long time. I'm just trying to understand where Anet is going with the new Berserker. It seems they are going for a very spikey DPS glass cannon, where when you are in Berserker mode are very powerful and when you aren't you are fairly weak.

I think this could be a cool concept, but I see a problem with it as currently implemented. You actually aren't all that much more powerful in Berserker mode to balance out the lack of DPS/effectiveness when out of Berserker mode. And your overall damage is about the same as Core. For this to work, all of the primal burst skills would have to have their damage increased to levels similar to the current Arc Divider. However if I'm wrong about this direction and Arc Divider gets toned down, then what does the spec have to offer?

Other than gameplay variation, can someone help me understand where this new Berserker would be a more effective choice than either Core or Spellbreaker?

@stone cold.8609 said:

I wasn't arguing against it at all. I'm all for more choices, especially for warrior which essentially has only had one role in PvE (banners/cc) for a long time. I'm just trying to understand where Anet is going with the new Berserker. It seems they are going for a very spikey DPS glass cannon, where when you are in Berserker mode are very powerful and when you aren't you are fairly weak.

I think this could be a cool concept, but I see a problem with it as currently implemented. You actually aren't all that much more powerful in Berserker mode to balance out the lack of DPS/effectiveness when out of Berserker mode. And your overall damage is about the same as Core. For this to work, all of the primal burst skills would have to have their damage increased to levels similar to the current Arc Divider. However if I'm wrong about this direction and Arc Divider gets toned down, then what does the spec have to offer?

Other than gameplay variation, can someone help me understand where this new Berserker would be a more effective choice than either Core or Spellbreaker?

Don't worry, you understand. Some people do not want berserker to see improvements, hence the misunderstandings you encounter.

Currently, if played optimally, condi berserker is meta for a fair number of raids. ironically, Anet didn't touch the condi aspect of berserker and power berserker is no where to be seen in PVE meta. I think that points significantly to the deficiencies of the berserker V2.0 changes ... in concept, the power build version of the spec sacrifices all to achieve very high DPS over a relatively long period of time. This in theory would allow a player to lean heavily on team for heals/support while letting lose with the DPS ... in play it falls short in DPS and off-mode berserker play.

I heard that berserker groups are also destroying packs of people in WvW with a Arc Divider rotation ... but I would expect Anet to adjust that significantly in the coming months because of the negative impact it has to the value of that game mode.

@stone cold.8609 said:

That's ok, sounded differently for me in the light of some people pointless complaints, so probably my bad. Like you said, where Anet "is going with berk spec" is -I thought pretty obviously- windows of increased burst, but the cost of that has to be lower dmg on the "other side" (so when you're not in berk mode). That IS less optimal for pve than it is in pvp/wvw, but that's part of the playstyle that actually makes berserker different from core/sb. I also disagree that it's not that much more powerful in berk mode.

power berserker is no where to be seen in PVE meta. I think that points significantly to the deficiencies of the berserker V2.0 changes

No, it really doesn't, power berk is supposed to be the burst spec, not pve dps one. Like always, just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean the spec is deficient.

• Confused 1

@"Sobx.1758" said:No, it really doesn't, power berk is supposed to be the burst spec, not pve dps one. Like always, just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean the spec is deficient.

Then what exactly is e.g. soulbeast/holo/dragonhunter suppose to be? They are burst specs, too, they just don't suck when not in their "special" mode, they can permanently stay in their "special" mode or they don't even have one. And even then, berserker burst is nowhere near those 3 mentioned in PvE. Shocking.

Berserker is very bursty in PvP/WvW, because of the new Arc Divider. When ANet nerfs it, then what?

You probably don't realize, that whole specialization cannot be carried by single skill. That is not exactly very good rework, is it?

I don't really care if Berserker is a burst spec or not ... or do I think it's even worth discussing about how it should work even if it is. It's all just speculation. My point to the poster was simple; he was asking where Berserker fit into the game ... and my response was correct. Right now, if you want to play Berserker as a direct damage, it's a flavour spec that offers little and requires LOTS of support in PVE ... or it's feeding Anet's data collection machine to show Arc Divider needs a massive nerf in WvW.

@cryorion.9532 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:No, it really doesn't, power berk is supposed to be the burst spec, not pve dps one. Like always, just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean the spec is deficient.

Then what exactly is e.g. soulbeast/holo/dragonhunter suppose to be? They are burst specs, too, they just don't suck when not in their "special" mode, they can permanently stay in their "special" mode or they don't even have one. And even then, berserker burst is nowhere near those 3 mentioned in PvE. Shocking.

Berserker is very bursty in PvP/WvW, because of the new Arc Divider. When ANet nerfs it, then what?

You probably don't realize, that whole specialization cannot be carried by single skill. That is not exactly very good rework, is it?

You can start wondering when they do something about it instead of speculating and practicing whataboutism now. Or is it another thing -right next to using comparisons to other classes/specs- that's fine to do when it fits your side of the argument, but absolutely irrelevant when proves you wrong?

• Confused 1