Berserker is giving me a sinking feeling

CscorpRSA.5214

Found another area where the new berserker seems a little well like a wet noodle.....no rage skills work under water and it takes forever to work up adrenaline for primal burst. While not often used it does tell me a little about the the new Berserker and that it seems to be in BETA.
Been messing about this week and I can say Power Berserker feels like a one horse pony while condi has become a frustration with anything other than perfect raid conditions. Open world is sooooo frustrating at the moment.

Considering they've not added real underwater combat for several years outside of that one lake in Kourna this shouldn't really be a concern.

Numbers will be tuned in the future, for now I actually enjoy playing power berserker in open world. I've not tried condi though.

@CscorpRSA.5214 said:Open world is sooooo frustrating at the moment.

this and the sad state condi warrior is in are, for me at least, the biggest two reasons why i absolutely do not like the berserker spec. Power berserker feels especially weak in open world content when there are hp sponge enemies with lots of cc (hot, pof and ls events) while also having this timegate, that is berserk mode, on your skills the whole time.

Open world is completely OP for berseker's fun. Like it will ruin it every time. You can't currently enjoy your berseker on open world cause the mechanic simply doesn't work.

Don't worry, pvp players will come here to say everything is fine and its a L2P issue because, you know, they can one shot things in an arena now.

@"Mesket.5728" said:Open world is completely OP for berseker's fun. Like it will ruin it every time. You can't currently enjoy your berseker on open world cause the mechanic simply doesn't work.

Don't worry, pvp players will come here to say everything is fine and its a L2P issue because, you know, they can one shot things in an arena now.

It "doesn't work in open world" the same way DE "doesn't work in open world". Just because you can't spam your strongest shit 24/7 doesn't make it not viable, unplayable or however you want to call it. If you want to play core warrior, play core warrior. If you complain that you can't play one build in every situation/gamemode and feel like it's an optimal way to play then I don't know what to tell you.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Mesket.5728" said:Open world is completely OP for berseker's fun. Like it will ruin it every time. You can't currently enjoy your berseker on open world cause the mechanic simply doesn't work.

It "doesn't work in open world" the same way DE "doesn't work in open world". Just because you can't spam your strongest kitten 24/7 doesn't make it not viable, unplayable or however you want to call it. If you want to play core warrior, play core warrior. If you complain that you can't play one build in every situation/gamemode and feel like it's an optimal way to play then I don't know what to tell you.

Correct ... that's not the reason it doesn't work in OW ... there are lots of others though.

To be clear, I don't think berserker should work in every game mode optimally or even well, but it is deficient in it's design, irregardless of game mode.

@Obtena.7952 said:

It "doesn't work in open world" the same way DE "doesn't work in open world". Just because you can't spam your strongest kitten 24/7 doesn't make it not viable, unplayable or however you want to call it. If you want to play core warrior, play core warrior. If you complain that you can't play one build in every situation/gamemode and feel like it's an optimal way to play then I don't know what to tell you.

Correct ... that's not the reason it doesn't work in OW ... there are lots of others though.

To be clear, I don't think berserker should work in every game mode optimally or even well, but it is deficient in it's design, irregardless of game mode.

I know it's correct, that's why I wrote that.

No, it's really not deficient in its design, irregardless regardless of game mode.

• Confused 1

It´s not that different compared to before the changes in the open-world, at least I didn´t notice a significant difference. You hit much harder now, but the overall dps is low ? At least , I guess that´s the reason why there are even complaints about warrior´s performance in the open-world.

@Arzurag.7506 said:It´s not that different compared to before the changes in the open-world, at least I didn´t notice a significant difference. You hit much harder now, but the overall dps is low ? At least , I guess that´s the reason why there are even complaints about warrior´s performance in the open-world.

No, actually I hit less hard now in OW. Cause I can only use berserker when the mob is at 20% hp and I have to run all flaming to the next mob just to see the effect fade away and be locked for 12 seconds for the next couple of pulls before it happens again. Its a BORING spec to play.

@Mesket.5728 said:

@Arzurag.7506 said:It´s not that different compared to before the changes in the open-world, at least I didn´t notice a significant difference. You hit much harder now, but the overall dps is low ? At least , I guess that´s the reason why there are even complaints about warrior´s performance in the open-world.

No, actually I hit less hard now in OW. Cause I can only use berserker when the mob is at 20% hp and I have to run all flaming to the next mob just to see the effect fade away and be locked for 12 seconds for the next couple of pulls before it happens again. Its a BORING spec to play.

I suspect that quite a few of the berserker issues would go away if we had a way to terminate berserk mode when it's no longer needed.

It could be an f2 button, or it could be automatically disabled when going out of combat.

I'd prefer an f2 design, but it's up to anet to decide how to improve this.

@Mesket.5728 said:

Yes, because what you want (which is core warrior with occasional berk that bursts harder) would be a 100% valid concept.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Arzurag.7506" said:It´s not that different compared to before the changes in the open-world, at least I didn´t notice a significant difference. You hit much harder now, but the overall dps is low ? At least , I guess that´s the reason why there are even complaints about warrior´s performance in the open-world.

Yes, because what you want (which is core warrior with occasional berk that bursts harder) would be a 100% valid concept.

Well I used to have an elite spec that allowed my to be more dps oriented and filled with rage and atk speed. Berserker was its name and took me "effort" to get all skill points and use it. Last update threw all that away and had me playing my 2012 warrior again. Great move Anet. 7 years of updates to make a class boring again. It only works in PVP and that kinda sucks.

@Mesket.5728 said:

@"Arzurag.7506" said:It´s not that different compared to before the changes in the open-world, at least I didn´t notice a significant difference. You hit much harder now, but the overall dps is low ? At least , I guess that´s the reason why there are even complaints about warrior´s performance in the open-world.

Well I used to have an elite spec that allowed my to be more dps oriented and filled with rage and atk speed. Berserker was its name and took me "effort" to get all skill points and use it. Last update threw all that away and had me playing my 2012 warrior again. Great move Anet. 7 years of updates to make a class boring again. It only works in PVP and that kinda sucks.

I agree that core spec not being simply overwritten by espec is a pretty great move. :grin:

• Confused 1

@Mesket.5728 said:

To be fair, I don't think berserker was ever designed to be good at that open world roaming trash killer. There was just too many moving parts to make it work and it was so unnecessary. I think in general the DPS is close to what it was (we lost 7% most the time, gained 10% only part the time, we lost Fury, we got 300 power ... I guess it almost balances out), it's just more loaded onto the Berserker mode. it's hard to think that has accomplished anything other than emphasis the defective nature of and necessary defensive play in non-serker mode and make players act more desperately in berserker mode.

Say what you will about PvP/WvW, I'm just here to respond to the complaint about berserker in open world. I'm going to try not to sound smug but honestly I'm surprised. If you know warrior mechanics well enough, and run reasonable traits, you should have a great time in open world with berserker ... run headbutt as both a CC and for instant access to your burst, if you can manage it run the rage heal for double burst which will heal for a lot if you hit with it, evade properly, use mobility skills to kite properly, etc, probably run strength/discipline in F2P areas, strength/defense in HoT/PoF areas or anywhere you'll need more sustain ... adjust your build according to what you're doing, that's something a lot of players neglect to do.

@"SoulSlavocracy.4902" said:Say what you will about PvP/WvW, I'm just here to respond to the complaint about berserker in open world. I'm going to try not to sound smug but honestly I'm surprised. If you know warrior mechanics well enough, and run reasonable traits, you should have a great time in open world with berserker ... run headbutt as both a CC and for instant access to your burst, if you can manage it run the rage heal for double burst which will heal for a lot if you hit with it, evade properly, use mobility skills to kite properly, etc, probably run strength/discipline in F2P areas, strength/defense in HoT/PoF areas or anywhere you'll need more sustain ... adjust your build according to what you're doing, that's something a lot of players neglect to do.

Don't confuse the complaints with issues on performance. Any monkey can just equip zerk gear choose proper traits and melt things on open world. Complaitns are not because we "can't make it work". It's simply NOT FUN to be locked out of your class mechanic more time than your are actually enjoying it. Simple as that. We don't need build suggestions; we need a class that works with the content given and not only on PVP modes.

@Mesket.5728 said:

@"SoulSlavocracy.4902" said:Say what you will about PvP/WvW, I'm just here to respond to the complaint about berserker in open world. I'm going to try not to sound smug but honestly I'm surprised. If you know warrior mechanics well enough, and run reasonable traits, you should have a great time in open world with berserker ... run headbutt as both a CC and for instant access to your burst, if you can manage it run the rage heal for double burst which will heal for a lot if you hit with it, evade properly, use mobility skills to kite properly, etc, probably run strength/discipline in F2P areas, strength/defense in HoT/PoF areas or anywhere you'll need more sustain ... adjust your build according to what you're doing, that's something a lot of players neglect to do.

Don't confuse the complaints with issues on performance. Any monkey can just equip zerk gear choose proper traits and melt things on open world. Complaitns are not because we "can't make it work". It's simply NOT FUN to be locked out of your class mechanic more time than your are actually enjoying it. Simple as that. We don't need build suggestions; we need a class that works with the content given and not only on PVP modes.

But you just said you know it works with the content given and not only on pvp modes?

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

But you just said you know it works with the content given and not only on pvp modes?

Works as in a fun.

It is kinda lame that you have to ramp up your ultimate ability just to dispense some trash mobs in a timely manner.

@Mesket.5728 said:

Works as in a fun.

Got it!

• Confused 1