Is WvW and PvE fighting different?

Quiet a simple question, but the difference in guild hall fighting a warrior or necro and WvW seems very different?I thought it was the people at first, but literally every fight I have with a necro/mesmer or warrior seems very different in guild hall or wvw

While the gear availability is the same between WvW and PvE, there are skill splits causing many abilities to function differently between the two modes.

A good example of this is how many abilities which apply confusion do so for fewer stacks and/or shorter durations in PvP/WvW than they do using PvE rules because confusion is particularly nasty when used against players. Thus if you fight a class like condi mesmer that focuses on confusion stacking using PvE rules they can potentially deal a lot more damage than they would in WvW.

@zengara.8301 said:Quiet a simple question, but the difference in guild hall fighting a warrior or necro and WvW seems very different?I thought it was the people at first, but literally every fight I have with a necro/mesmer or warrior seems very different in guild hall or wvwYeah. Guild Hall uses PVE mechanics - that is skills, traits and damage in there work like you're in PVE. It will be very different when you fight them in a WvW map.