[Spoiler] A new Flameseeker Prophecy?

Ashantara.8731

I finished my legendary weapon of the same name a few weeks ago and felt inspired to refresh my lore knowledge, as it has been a while since I played GW1:https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Flameseeker_Prophecies

These things in particular caught my attention:

“The scriptures speak of the walking dead.”“The war against the divine will begin soon. We must prepare ourselves.”“An opening will be given to the disciples of the Unseen.”“Long into the Season of the Scion, Tyria is revived again.”

There is the reference to “an opening” (the Door of Komalie). The reference somehow reminded me of the unstable rifts we have been encountering all across Tyria…

“War against the divine” (Balthazar), “the walking dead” (the Risen). “The Season of the Scion”, although back in the days of no such meaning, now instantly made me think of Glint’s scion, Aurene.

Also, there is the fact that the weapon’s precursor is named after those sacrificed by the White Mantle to the Mursaat, The Chosen. But this is also the name by which Glint addressed us in GW1 (“You are the Chosen I have been waiting for.”).

So, do you think a second Flameseeker Prophecy could be upon us?

After all,

• The Scepter of Orr has recently re-emerged, through Livia, which played a huge role in the original Flameseeker Prophecies.
  • The Shining Blade have become a secret society which hides persons from the GW1 story-line in their midst.
  • Glint, through her offspring Aurene, is playing a role in the current events.
  • Balthazar represents and (figuratively speaking) breathes fire (like the Titans did) and is on a journey to re-establish his powers. So you could say he is a “Flameseeker”.
  • We are on our way into the desert. Will we have to ascend, like our ancestors, in order to defeat the rogue god?
  • A bit far fetched, but is it possible that Balthazar could seek out the Titans in an attempt to absorb their powers as well?

@Arden.7480 said:"Tyria is revived again"Wow. that kinda sounds scary and odd...

Is it actually written on the flameseeker??

You mean the legendary shield? Well, seeing as it harbors the tome itself, one can assume so. ;)

@Arden.7480 said:If yes, that means Tyria will be destroyed and then Aurene will revive it?

Am I right in thinking?

I doubt it will be destroyed, as during the original GW1 campaign (the time of the original Flameseeker Prophecies), it was not destroyed but saved by the heroes. Which is what we are going to do now as well, or else there would be no more GW2, heh.

Archived