Crazy Idea for Dragonhunter Traps

cletiscake.9173

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but wouldn't it be insanely fun to ground target traps from a distance, and fire your traps with your longbow?

This is obviously a huge buff to DH, so to balance it, I would suggest allowing ranged ground targeting only if the Longbow is the currently equipped weapon in PVE. You can even take it one step further and impose a maximum range of 900 yards for ground targeting. And lastly, if any other weapon is equipped, trap skills would default to their current functionality and lose the ability to ground target. This would be a change strictly for PvE, and not PvP, because I could already see the crazy balance implications of ranged traps. But then again, Scourges are a thing, so maybe a change like this is a good counter to that?

I would start playing DH again in a heartbeat with a change like this, finally turning guardian into a proper Ranged spec instead of the current situation where no one in PvE uses it for it's ranged abilities. This is also a good way of making the Longbow an important weapon for the spec, instead of always playing second fiddle to other weapons.

Thoughts?

If the devs want to use this suggestion, please go ahead, I waive all copyright and intellectual rights to this idea You know, just in case this is actually a really good idea, and in some weird way, devs not being able to use community suggestions due to some weird intellectual idea clause.

• 3 weeks later...