ANet too slow coming out with Mount Skin?

Poll needs an "other" option. I haven't bought any skins that aren't in pack, because 400 gems for a mount skin I rarely use (springer, ray, and to a lesser extent raptor, and jackal), and might not even like that much isn't worth it, and 1300 gems for a specific skin is way too much. I spent 1600 gems (on sale) for the awakened mount set, and they look awesome, and even if I dont use them as often, all the skins were one fairly cheap price. If they released more regular skin packs like that one, and not the Halloween, or Christmas ones, I would probably buy them too. I wouldn't be against them bundling the current skins that match, like exalted, or the stellar ones (not sure of the name), I would spend 2k gems on those, too.

Also, not sure if it applies to all of them, but the jackal skin makes it bigger than the base mount. I've compared on my short, human, female (thief) against the biggest norm, and charr I could find. Not a selling point, really, but it's pretty cool, lol.

Edit: Lol, three responses after 30 minutes, and no votes on any of them. This poll is going places. First response is correct, second adds another missed option, and then there's this one.

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:I like how this poll assumes that if you choose not to engage in RNG or find no value in overpriced skins, you are somehow in a poor financial situation.

It seems on par with the average quality of forum polls lately though, so no surprise here.

Doesnt matter what it assumes in the end you simply dont engage with it so the option is still relevant.

Originally? Yes. Mount skins were such an obvious thing to add I was surprised it took so long after PoF was finished for them to start releasing any, and even longer to release ones which weren't novelty packs or only available by RNG. I was ready to buy mount skins as soon as PoF released in September but didn't get any until the Branded pack came out in March. (Then spent a lot of time trying to dye them to look like anything but branded, I love that look but it doesn't suit all my characters and I really wanted normal mounts.)

Now though? We have 7 packs of skins for the original 5 mounts, 30 RNG-only skins, 60 RNG or select skins, 10 direct sale (2,000 gem) skins, and a 5-pack for the Warclaw. I don't think there's any need for them to keep on churning out new mount skins all the time, especially since the same artists will be responsible for making other things like new armour sets, weapons, maps assets etc. so too much focus on mount skins means less other stuff getting released.

Of course not all of those are available at once, right now for example you can only buy the Desert Racer, Distant Lands and Exotic Breeds packs and the hummingbird skimmer. But that's a seperate issue to how fast they make new ones.

@finkle.9513 said:Issue with skins, is that they would be nice to collected but far to over priced. So once you get a nice one ... there is no need to buy more?

Ideally, I would like different nice ones for the various characters I play a lot, that fit their theme — variety and customization are always nice. ;) I would like it if there were more ways to purchase the mounts, such as themed packs, and that they were tradeable. Of course I understand why they are not, but I still wish we could buy and sell these and other now account bound stuff on the TP.