Reporting bugs

I am starting to come to the mind that if you dont have massive numbers report in game bugs in game and on the forms anet will not act fast enofe to fix them. So i am asking the gw2 community to go in game and report on the bugs in game and on these forms. With out any real communication for "known" bugs like they use to put out there no way of knowing they understand what going on in there game.

Please make sure you report them or things will never get fixed keep in mind this is the "nice" community part of that is saying when there is something not working right.

Keep this in mind anet seems to be single mindly pushing on to the next bit of content with out fixing what they broke in the balance patch so there going to be a massive back log of bugs because the pve patch WILL have bugs that are going to get fixed before class bugs if ppl do not say a thing about it. This is going to take months for real fixes if not another balance patch to fix what was broken in this balance patch.

So i am just trying to point out the "good" ppl doing nothing for "evil" to win.

You can see which bugs get fixed and when by looking at patch notes.

IMO reporting them is always worthwhile even if they don't meet your personal schedule for fixes, because it might be the only way they even know there is a bug. It might not get fixed right away, it might take forever, it might reappear later on, but a bug which has been reported has infinitely more chance of getting fixed that one no one at Anet even knows about because they haven't run into it personally and no one's told them about it.

I deal with that a lot at my work - one part of my job involves coordinating about 120 websites and people are forever asking me why I can't email them when a problem starts to say what's broken, and then act surprised when I say it's because the software has no way of notifying me that there's a problem until someone triggers it, and then I don't know if it only affects that one site, or 5 of them, or all of them. They have to encounter a bug before I can even start to look at what's going wrong and lots of people have to encounter it before I know it affects lots of people. I'm told it's the same with most software.

On a related note, speaking as someone who receives bug reports, it's always worth being as specific as you can about what you were doing, what exactly went wrong and what the impact was. I waste a lot of time trying to fix bugs because I get emails like "This page isn't working, I need it fixed by tomorrow" and then I have to play 20 questions with them trying to find out what wasn't working and in what way so I can figure out how to fix it. The GW2 equivalent would be sending a bug report which just says "This event is bugged" and assuming they'll be able to tell from the automated screenshot which event it is and what went wrong with it.

I get what you guys are saying but there are significant effects that are locking game play chose out comply. If these balance patch bugs are not fixed or even talked about its like letting down that community of there player base massively. With as complex as the new mount that coming there going to be bugs on another level more then likely and your going to see game play bugs pushed back more and more to where we will see a balance patch that "fixes" the bug as if it was a update to the class it self much like we saw to scorge with line of sight.

Player cant stand by when a balance patch makes more bugs then updating to the game with out any communication from anet or we will see one balance patch make bugs and another balance patch maybe fix them and this game CANT stay alive like that for long.

@CETheLucid.3964 said:We'll probably see a fix for the aura bugs either the next update or when the new LS drops, depending on how borked things got. Take the time to try out more offense heavy builds that don't rely on auras too much in the interim. That's what I'm doing.

Its not just that though its this push to keep moving froward even though things are not working right to start with. Its ok to do this on some level but you MUST say something about it even if its a one off comment.

@Jski.6180 said:

@CETheLucid.3964 said:We'll probably see a fix for the aura bugs either the next update or when the new LS drops, depending on how borked things got. Take the time to try out more offense heavy builds that don't rely on auras too much in the interim. That's what I'm doing.

Its not just that though its this push to keep moving froward even though things are not working right to start with. Its ok to do this on some level but you MUST say something about it even if its a one off comment.

You're not wrong. I'm not saying don't bring it up. Please keep bringing it up until it's fixed even! But you, me, dozens of ele players have done just that. We've done everything we can do as end users. It's on the dev team now.

Until it's fixed this is the reality of things. Can't really play a broken build. So the interim solution is to build around it.