so what berserker builds are you running in pvp?

Stand The Wall.6987

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJARUnUJCddgVhAeeAEliFiA7oMkBWevJ3lb01IAEBGAA-jlBBABA8EAwa/R5XAXCgKV/5Mlg5pLgUARsMC-w

That is what I've been running in WvW. I know, full zerker stats in WvW yada yada... But I like the guarantee that when I hit my burst that people will die.

I sometimes swap rifle for longbow or sword/axe. Pin Down on Longbow is better than brutal shot for staying near my target for setting up Arc Divider, and Savage Leap to Whirling Axe is a fun setup. Gunflame is to much lolz though so I have been keeping rifle on my second slot mostly.

Don't listen to the guy above me, his build is a noob build that will get you killed instantly by one shot builds and from stealth.It is sad but true that warrior must at all times have endure pains or else it is a sitting duck.

I myself enjoy killing warrior noobs that are running that guys build! It is so enjoyable to be able to 1 shot them noobs.

@Hitman.5829 said:Don't listen to the guy above me, his build is a noob build that will get you killed instantly by one shot builds and from stealth.It is sad but true that warrior must at all times have endure pains or else it is a sitting duck.

I myself enjoy killing warrior noobs that are running that guys build! It is so enjoyable to be able to 1 shot them noobs.

High risk high reward. I've run Defense with the new Berserker with Endure Pain but would rather have the guarantee of kill on burst, I just find that more fun. While running Defense there have been too many times I've had someone almost dead in a 1vX only for them to survive and blink/stealth/get out of death free card away.

You are correct in that I did not slap a disclaimer on there about watching out for invisible deadeyes :wink: Besides a one shot build that encounters Endure Pain would just restealth and wait it out before bursting you again.

If you want more lolz swap out your runes for runes of earth. Half of the deadeyes and rangers will down themselves for you.

In pvp ive been running this

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR3enMdAdeg9dAmkCEliFlATZKc8eCv92hbx9ILEA+dA-jpxHAB+fQACe/BAOCAHXGQ5LAwAPAAA

I just disregarded everything but f1 berserker, because its useless anyways, so why go any crit? Id rather get the full defense load while im not in berserker and have the crit dmg while im spinning to winning. So cavaliers it is.

Headbutt is okey, but signet of fury is much more reliable to get max adrenalin, without enemy dodging etc.I like battle standart or rampage alot more, battle standart even more because its so fun to stomp multiple ppl on a point at once or rezzing your downed ones to completely turn the fight.In the case of running battle standart i also swap out the rune for something like scrapper rune, something that recompensates some of the power loss from cavalier is best.

Sundering burst feels fine aswell, over the 50% chance on stunned foes, since you dont have that much cc and sundering burst fits more the theme of just spamming berserker. But thats preferance, if your team has lots of cc, 50% crit is huge

@"RedShark.9548" said:In pvp ive been running this

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR3enMdAdeg9dAmkCEliFlATZKc8eCv92hbx9ILEA+dA-jpxHAB+fQACe/BAOCAHXGQ5LAwAPAAA

I just disregarded everything but f1 berserker, because its useless anyways, so why go any crit? Id rather get the full defense load while im not in berserker and have the crit dmg while im spinning to winning. So cavaliers it is.

Headbutt is okey, but signet of fury is much more reliable to get max adrenalin, without enemy dodging etc.I like battle standart or rampage alot more, battle standart even more because its so fun to stomp multiple ppl on a point at once or rezzing your downed ones to completely turn the fight.In the case of running battle standart i also swap out the rune for something like scrapper rune, something that recompensates some of the power loss from cavalier is best.

Sundering burst feels fine aswell, over the 50% chance on stunned foes, since you dont have that much cc and sundering burst fits more the theme of just spamming berserker. But thats preferance, if your team has lots of cc, 50% crit is huge

I myself have toyed with swapping to full Valkyrie latter on for my WvW armor, but am currently running around in my Fractal set. 6.5 more weeks before I can craft my legendary armor...

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@"RedShark.9548" said:In pvp ive been running this

I myself have toyed with swapping to full Valkyrie latter on for my WvW armor, but am currently running around in my Fractal set. 6.5 more weeks before I can craft my legendary armor...

Tried valkyrie in pvp, but still felt squishy af, as soon as you lost your big hp pool its hard to recover it. Feels different with toughness and less hp. The healing ticks of healing sig have a bigger impact % wise, while taking less dmg

@"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJARUnUJCddgVhAeeAEliFiA7oMkBWevJ3lb01IAEBGAA-jlBBABA8EAwa/R5XAXCgKV/5Mlg5pLgUARsMC-w

That is what I've been running in WvW. I know, full zerker stats in WvW yada yada... But I like the guarantee that when I hit my burst that people will die.

I sometimes swap rifle for longbow or sword/axe. Pin Down on Longbow is better than brutal shot for staying near my target for setting up Arc Divider, and Savage Leap to Whirling Axe is a fun setup. Gunflame is to much lolz though so I have been keeping rifle on my second slot mostly.

wtf is this, all your traits and utility skills are fucked up, even your heal is wrong

@Nox.6785 said:

@"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

kitten is this, all your traits and utility skills are kitten up, even your heal is wrong

Matter of preference there mate. I was just posting a high DPS build that takes more skill to play. Any noob can slot Might Makes Right, Defense, and Healing Signet and face roll the keyboard to win.

@"Hitman.5829" said:Don't listen to the guy above me, his build is a noob build that will get you killed instantly by one shot builds and from stealth.It is sad but true that warrior must at all times have endure pains or else it is a sitting duck.

High risk high reward. I've run Defense with the new Berserker with Endure Pain but would rather have the guarantee of kill on burst, I just find that more fun. While running Defense there have been too many times I've had someone
almost
dead in a 1vX only for them to survive and blink/stealth/get out of death free card away.

You are correct in that I did not slap a disclaimer on there about watching out for invisible deadeyes :wink: Besides a one shot build that encounters Endure Pain would just restealth and wait it out before bursting you again.

If you want more lolz swap out your runes for runes of earth. Half of the deadeyes and rangers will down themselves for you.

I disagree with the "high risk, high reward."Given that most classes have access to stealth, you are vulnerable to one shot builds. Specially against:

• Rangers (stealth, range)
  • Thieves (stealth, range)
  • Mesmers (stealth, range)
  • Engineers (stealth, range)
  • Guardians (instant teleport burst with 0 tell)
  • Elementalist (DPS with no tell animation)
  • Revenant (instant teleport burst)

The only class that does not have BS is the necro and you can have a high risk high reward against them.Your build is semi-decent if you blend in a large group (WvW) and get healed for a huge amount or if you are fighting scrubs, otherwise it is a completely useless build 1 vs 1 or 5 vs 5.

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:Don't listen to the guy above me, his build is a noob build that will get you killed instantly by one shot builds and from stealth.It is sad but true that warrior must at all times have endure pains or else it is a sitting duck.

High risk high reward. I've run Defense with the new Berserker with Endure Pain but would rather have the guarantee of kill on burst, I just find that more fun. While running Defense there have been too many times I've had someone
almost
dead in a 1vX only for them to survive and blink/stealth/get out of death free card away.

I disagree with the "high risk, high reward."Given that most classes have access to stealth, you are vulnerable to one shot builds. Specially against:

The only class that does not have BS is the necro and you can have a high risk high reward against them.Your build is semi-decent if you blend in a large group (WvW) and get healed for a huge amount or if you are fighting scrubs, otherwise it is a completely useless build 1 vs 1 or 5 vs 5.

TY for the commentary. I have killed several other players of each of those classes stealth or no stealth, and several 1vX fights. I did not portray that build as optimal, that would be Strength, Defense, Berserker. I did say that I preferred my burst to kill when I use them, hence my choices. Perhaps I am better than most, but then I play in WvW and most likely catch people unaware or with their sustain on CD. I can tell you that 75% of those I've fought get caught flatfooted by headbutt or Signet of might and die not long afterward.

Berserker just feels more right as a full glass cannon to me than with Defense traited, so that is how I play it knowing full well that there will be a handful of players that I won't kill. If I were serious about kill ratios I wouldn't be playing a Berserker though now would I?

almost

TY for the commentary. I have killed several other players of each of those classes stealth or no stealth, and several 1vX fights. I did not portray that build as optimal, that would be Strength, Defense, Berserker. I did say that I preferred my burst to kill when I use them, hence my choices. Perhaps I am better than most, but then I play in WvW and most likely catch people unaware or with their sustain on CD. I can tell you that 75% of those I've fought get caught flatfooted by headbutt or Signet of might and die not long afterward.

Berserker just feels more right as a full glass cannon to me than with Defense traited, so that is how I play it knowing full well that there will be a handful of players that I won't kill. If I were serious about kill ratios I wouldn't be playing a Berserker though now would I?

In WvW I have a 95%+ success in fights without your build. The main reason why you have a 75% success in WvW is because WvW is plagued with noobs. If WvW had an elite population, then your build would be completely obsolete.

Believe me, I have fought those warriors that have 0 sustain and 100% DPS.I melt them with my sustain warrior without a sweat.Warrior without sustain = sitting duck.

@Hitman.5829

I too have had higher success with higher sustain builds. I too have steamrolled people with a Spellbreaker. Berserker just fells more right to me with that build, hence my post. I have killed sustain warriors with this build as well. Its WvW though, most players there are trash tier anyway. I've killed too many Mesmers and Thieves that were in stealth with Arc Divider. The only builds that have been a problem for me are Scrappers and Spellbreakers. You would think that Firebrands would be, but Signet of Might eats them.

Edit: I should clarify. It is ONE Scrapper that gives me trouble, Greymantle. That man is a beast.

I run this on my berserker when playing WvWhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJARUnckCddgldA+kCEliFiA74BkBCavF3lb01IAEBGAA-jxBBQBA4JAoPdBB4SAcSlgKZ/BFq+jGV+FA4AY91T91Ds+6rv+6r31nf+5nf+5nf+6rXKgRlaB-e

Im not sure about the runes and sigils, wampirism runes are runes that i would like to run in WvW, but right now i have runes of strength and sigil of strength instead of 5% damage. Heal skill i swap from time to time i use both blood reckoning and defiant stance.75% crit so if someone happen to give me some precision from any source it wont get wasted and with fury its still 95%, in case i will play with someone who also has precision buff then i could change my food for more power. Marauder gear ftw, because it gives more effective stats than berserker and you could basically make all the gear marauder and still hit enough crit chance percentage.All utility skills could be changed if i feel like it besides throw bola which is must have in my build. Infusions are there to hit 75% crit chance mark.What else i should say, i like arm tree more than discipline, i dont swap weapons too often to make a use out of it, and i gain twice as quick adrenaline as someone running discipline, and get an easy access to fury buff, so i dont have to run specific utility skills and have way more freedom overall, could CC lock someone to hell.

@"KelyNeli.4516" said:I run this on my berserker when playing WvWhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJARUnckCddgldA+kCEliFiA74BkBCavF3lb01IAEBGAA-jxBBQBA4JAoPdBB4SAcSlgKZ/BFq+jGV+FA4AY91T91Ds+6rv+6r31nf+5nf+5nf+6rXKgRlaB-e

Im not sure about the runes and sigils, wampirism runes are runes that i would like to run in WvW, but right now i have runes of strength and sigil of strength instead of 5% damage. Heal skill i swap from time to time i use both blood reckoning and defiant stance.75% crit so if someone happen to give me some precision from any source it wont get wasted and with fury its still 95%, in case i will play with someone who also has precision buff then i could change my food for more power. Marauder gear ftw, because it gives more effective stats than berserker and you could basically make all the gear marauder and still hit enough crit chance percentage.All utility skills could be changed if i feel like it besides throw bola which is must have in my build. Infusions are there to hit 75% crit chance mark.What else i should say, i like arm tree more than discipline, i dont swap weapons too often to make a use out of it, and i gain twice as quick adrenaline as someone running discipline, and get an easy access to fury buff, so i dont have to run specific utility skills and have way more freedom overall, could CC lock someone to hell.

You and I are on the same page with Arms over Discipline. I slot Signet Mastery and Burst Precision myself since I don't have Marauder armor. Working on legendary armor so I can play with different stats easier for that reason (6 more weeks ugh...).

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR3enEdAlkideAWdAkiglgA7d5Gd3uKlhs3Nw4AcBCAA-jpQOABAs/A3lBAA

hmm lol. this strength gm trait is interesting... with kick you could spam decapitate.

that is a build i would never, ever use.

trait wise:berserkers power instead of merciless hammerburst mastery instead of axe masterysavage instinct instead of smash brawlerking of fires instead of eternal champion (i know this sounds weird on a power build, just wait ;) )

rune wise:rune of fire (pvp) (aha, synergy with king of fires trait, +10% dmg that also works outside of berserk, so more overall damage then bloody roar + might gain)

heal-skill wise:healing signet

utility-skill wise:bulls charge instead of kickfrenzy instead of outrage

that is what i'm using atm, and it's so strong in capable hands

yes the rune may seem odd, but it deffo works with berserker start the fight, you get fire aura so +10% dmg from runewe don't use rage skills (minus bserserk) so we don't detonate fire aura, which means that for atleast 5 seconds we have +10% when entering a fight, which can and will become more once we critticaly hit and re-fresh fire aura .

paired with a https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Weaver_-_Fire_Weaver and the amounts of fire fields tha you can leap through (and thus gain fire aura) are just retarded

@melandru.3876 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

hmm lol. this strength gm trait is interesting... with kick you could spam decapitate.

trait wise:berserkers power instead of merciless hammerburst mastery instead of axe masterysavage instinct instead of smash brawlerking of fires instead of eternal champion (i know this sounds weird on a power build, just wait ;) )

rune wise:rune of fire (pvp) (aha, synergy with king of fires trait, +10% dmg that also works outside of berserk, so more overall damage then bloody roar + might gain)

yes the rune may seem odd, but it deffo works with berserker start the fight, you get fire aura so +10% dmg from runewe don't use rage skills (minus bserserk) so we don't detonate fire aura, which means that for atleast 5 seconds we have +10% when entering a fight, which can and will become more once we critticaly hit and re-fresh fire aura .

paired with a
and the amounts of fire fields tha you can leap through (and thus gain fire aura) are just kitten

Berserk Mode and Primal Bursts both would detonate the Fire Aura though. So you are just guaranteeing extra damage while not in Berserk Mode, which is not a bad thing really and would be a way to make non-Berserk Mode suck less. I think you'd have higher damage with Bloody Roar while in Berserk Mode though.

@melandru.3876 said:

kick is a nice way to refill adren instead of taking the heal and signet, which would mean going full derp mode and depending on a competent fb.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

kick is a nice way to refill adren instead of taking the heal and signet, which would mean going full kitten mode and depending on a competent fb.

kick is nice (i use it in pve lol) but the knockback can mess things up alot, i have missed eviscerates/decapiates because the target got pushes away a bit to far

paired with a
and the amounts of fire fields tha you can leap through (and thus gain fire aura) are just kitten

Berserk Mode and Primal Bursts both would detonate the Fire Aura though. So you are just guaranteeing extra damage while not in Berserk Mode, which is not a bad thing really and would be a way to make non-Berserk Mode suck less. I think you'd have higher damage with Bloody Roar while in Berserk Mode though.

its basically an extra peak performance, with a frequenter accessit can't be removedit provides might

and we can chose to detonate or not

really i'm an "average" plat 3 player, normally leggy 1 and it works quite well. it's not spellbreaker great, but great nontheless

@melandru.3876 said:

paired with a

its basically an extra peak performance, with a frequenter accessit can't be removedit provides might

really i'm an "average" plat 3 player, normally leggy 1 and it works quite well. it's not spellbreaker great, but great nontheless

If only the detonation did power damage as well as burning...

paired with a

If only the detonation did power damage as well as burning...

ye tooltip says that it does, but it does not.

would be awesome if it had an effect simmilar to ele transmute fire aura https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Transmute_Firepower damage, burning, might stacks and aoe

would really make this trait viable then