Made a beginners guide - For *new* player's only!

Hey guys, so a couple of my real life friends have just started playing Guild wars 2. (these friends have played WoW & ESO).They were confused on how guild wars 2 works, since it doesn't say ''go here, go there''.So I decided to make a guide that they could watch, but it could also help out any new players that visit this forum!(This is for very new players only. Not worth watching if you even know the basics of GW2 already)

This is also my first video so I understand its nothing special. I'm not practised in the art of Youtube haha!If any of you new players need help, message me in game and I will be willing to help! <3

good idea however,some suggestion

TIMESTAMPS i find those very important, if i was a new player i would not want to watch a full video that has maybe 5-6 minutes of advice that i find useful

things that might be of use to new players

• how to cc, and what cc is
  • how the inventory works (bags, invisible bags and inventory options
  • how gear and gear stats work (including upgrades/runes/sigils)
  • how combat work including cross combos, dodging, weapon stowing to cancer animations,...
  • how the tp works (including gemstore)
  • how the lfg works
  • how the hero pannel works (including traits, dyes, you name it)

i'm aware i saw plenty of those in your video including dyes, gemstore etc but without timestamp you have to watch the full video

anyway keep up the effort, it's useful for the newer population

@Greener.6204 said:Thank you for reaching out to not just your friends, but to all new players to our community!

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:Good tutorial, and really useful to counteract that initial confusion!Cool that you made a video of it so it's available for anyone!

Thank you for the compliments guys! Really put a smile on my face :smiley:

@melandru.3876 said:good idea however,some suggestion

TIMESTAMPS i find those very important, if i was a new player i would not want to watch a full video that has maybe 5-6 minutes of advice that i find useful

things that might be of use to new players

• how to cc, and what cc is
  • how the inventory works (bags, invisible bags and inventory options
  • how gear and gear stats work (including upgrades/runes/sigils)
  • how combat work including cross combos, dodging, weapon stowing to cancer animations,...
  • how the tp works (including gemstore)
  • how the lfg works
  • how the hero pannel works (including traits, dyes, you name it)

i'm aware i saw plenty of those in your video including dyes, gemstore etc but without timestamp you have to watch the full video

anyway keep up the effort, it's useful for the newer population

Very thankful for those tips, I too as a new player would like time stamps! Completely forgot to add those but thanks to you, I'll get on and add them! Appreciate the feedback! :sweat_smile:

Pretty cool guide and worth the watch for new players.

It can be a bit of a mammoth task trying to understand how the game works in a way that's not so dry and not-fun. Your vid exemplifies a way to "keep busy" as a new player - Bravo :D

I found a lot of people who have come from games like WoW or Rift (etc), compare it too much to their respective former game. I think the biggest take away will be GW2 is a very different game. You need to stop comparing it to {insert past game here}. Also the game opens up a lot when you have a few weapons to try out, and have unlocked the skills bar a bit too.

Next thing I find, is new people ask what should I play, and what's the best DPS type of questions. My response to this is just play it for a bit and get a few of the weapons to try out, and find what you find to be the most fun, and what you have an affinity with.

And, as new players, going into a map and asking for help in the /map chat, is actually a very positive experience, as opposed to other MMOs. By far one of the best MMO communities I have experienced.

@"Arimir.5864" said:Pretty cool guide and worth the watch for new players.

It can be a bit of a mammoth task trying to understand how the game works in a way that's not so dry and not-fun. Your vid exemplifies a way to "keep busy" as a new player - Bravo :D

I found a lot of people who have come from games like WoW or Rift (etc), compare it too much to their respective former game. I think the biggest take away will be GW2 is a very different game. You need to stop comparing it to {insert past game here}. Also the game opens up a lot when you have a few weapons to try out, and have unlocked the skills bar a bit too.

Next thing I find, is new people ask what should I play, and what's the best DPS type of questions. My response to this is just play it for a bit and get a few of the weapons to try out, and find what you find to be the most fun, and what you have an affinity with.

And, as new players, going into a map and asking for help in the /map chat, is actually a very positive experience, as opposed to other MMOs. By far one of the best MMO communities I have experienced.

Thank you, Arimir!

Yeah, GW2 is very different to the other MMO's in regards to almost anything. It's really a game you should play to find out the differences to see if you like them, rather than "that's different so It's not a proper mmo".Plus the GW2 combat just trumps all over MMO's in my opinion. I cant enjoy any combat as much as GW2 now (mmo wise)