pulmonary impact vs warrior cc chain

Jhule.7230

Yes.

It's because of pistol offhand, particularly the 4th skill Headshot which could be cast 4 times in succession of you run Trickery, steal aswell. The skill in itself, unlike warrior cc, doesn't do much damage.

However once hit there really isn't much counterplay which led to an oppressive style of play where you got the best value from spamming pistol 4, and by lowering the damage value (which still is A grade) you gave opponents a few more moments to react rewarding skillful play, not mindless buttonpressing. Remember the PI in itself was and still is unblockable, making it a warranted nerf.

If you want to see nerfs to specific skills and professions, I suggest you look up the patchnotes right after each expansion release. Then you will see it's not only thief who have suffered this fate in the process of balance. May I remind you of Full Counter on PoF release?

I think you are missing the point lads. Thematically its the same as thief's pulmonary impact was before it got nerf into the ground. cc chaining in any form should result in a -damage modifier so you cannot push more damage into a cc and typically 100-0 someone. as an example thief has 1 break stun maybe 2 at a push vs warriors upto 5 cc stuns. Totally balanced, of course.

@skillze.7689 said:I think you are missing the point lads. Thematically its the same as thief's pulmonary impact was before it got nerf into the ground. cc chaining in any form should result in a -damage modifier so you cannot push more damage into a cc and typically 100-0 someone. as an example thief has 1 break stun maybe 2 at a push vs warriors upto 5 cc stuns. Totally balanced, of course.

Then a Chrono comes along and uses CS > Signet of Dom > shield 5 > grav well > Signet of Dom > shield 5 > grav well on you while his allies blow you up.