World Boss Week starts today

Hello guys

I just have a few questions on which I couldn't find a clear answer.

1. I couldn't find starting time in the forum post. What time does it start? EDIT: Found the answer on the GW2 main page: From 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time on May 6 to 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time on May 13 (UTC-7)
  2. I assume it won't affect HoT or PoF events because it says CORE TYRIA WORLD BOSSES?
  3. Can we get several times the Bonus Box of Goods from the same world boss or it will drop only once per day, per world boss, per character/account?
  4. Which bosses would you prioritize?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is not much to prioritize as most bosses do not overlap on the schedule. Notable exceptions.Some bosses take more then 15 minutes, specially if the pre last long due to scaling (which most likely will happen due to that more inexperienced players will join), this means possible missing out the next boss. To counter this, make sure to join a world boss squad to find a map that hasn't done the next boss yet.Tripple trouble and tequatl. I recommend doing the lesser bosses instead of these two when doing a train. These require a lot of cooperation and a random group will likely fail.

/wiki et is one of the many sources for a boss timer. (Others include GW2 Timer, GW2 Efficiency, Dulfy, and more.)

There are 18 times when Core Tyria World Bosses (/wiki wb) overlap, although only 6 standard bosses overlap with a so-called "hardcore" boss. These rules of thumb cover those 18 cases:

• If the Hardcore is the Karka Queen and if you can enter Southsun at least 2 minutes before the hour, go there first. There will be time to reach the Mark II Golem, Covington, or the Modniir Ulgoth (using LFG or often even if a new map spawns). If you can't arrive early, start with the other three.
  • If the Hardcore is Evolved Jungle Wurm aka Triple Trouble, focus on the standard boss. TT requires 10-20 minutes pre-event organization and can take longer to defeat than anything else.
  • If the Hardcore is Tequatl and if you can enter Sparkfly at least 10 minutes before there's something in the water, I'd start there because the "loot per effort" is better. There probably won't be time to reach the standard boss. Otherwise, head for the standard boss.

This is assuming your goal is to kill as many world bosses as possible and you don't care about anything else this week.

Finally, I'm 99.9% certain that LFG will be filled with organized and ad hoc trains heading from map to map, following the most efficient path. Try the different commanders til you find a group you like. You definitely will not be alone this week.

@"Pirindolo.9427" said:The extra chest doesn't seem to be that good imho. The only (and very) valuable items are in the "super rare" cathegory, so the chance to get one is practically 0%. The other stuff is everyday trash.

Nobody cares of that people are gonna run it 24/7 for a chance to get infusions

Nobody wants their rare items devalued by everybody having them. But having more than 1 or only a couple of chances at one of them a day is fantastic for the people who do hope to get one some day.

That's probably why most people aren't even aware these items exist: One chance a day. By doing every world boss event you've already increased your chance at getting one by a ton

@"Blocki.4931" said:That's probably why most people aren't even aware these items exist: One chance a day. By doing every world boss event you've already increased your chance at getting one by a ton

You are calling "a ton" to a chance of 0.0000001% per boss killed if I am not wrong (maybe it's even less).

@Pirindolo.9427 said:

@"Blocki.4931" said:That's probably why most people aren't even aware these items exist: One chance a day. By doing every world boss event you've already increased your chance at getting one by a ton

You are calling "a ton" to a chance of 0.0000001% per boss killed if I am not wrong (maybe it's even less).

Many chances > one chance.

The only thing that I don't get is those helmets(with aqua breather skins). Why they are in considered somehow desirable?I know of aqua with special aura, those will make some good loot. Can someone entitle me about those helmets?

@"Blocki.4931" said:Nobody wants their rare items devalued by everybody having them.

I do! :D I'm a beta player so I have plenty of "rare items". But we're talking about pixels in a video game, they don't have actual value. If I enjoy an item it doesn't matter if 10 or 10million people have it, that won't stop me enjoying it!

@phs.6089 said:The only thing that I don't get is those helmets(with aqua breather skins). Why they are in considered somehow desirable?I know of aqua with special aura, those will make some good loot. Can someone entitle me about those helmets?

The helmets/Aquabreathers are probably Rime-Rimmed Mariner's Rebreather. Its a rare from Wintersday gifts normally. The icon looks correct for them. Im pretty sure its not the consortium breathing mask since it would have a red icon and the Diver's breather (the bubble) is ascended. So seems like that leaves Rime-Rimmed.

@Moradorin.6217 said:

@phs.6089 said:The only thing that I don't get is those helmets(with aqua breather skins). Why they are in considered somehow desirable?I know of aqua with special aura, those will make some good loot. Can someone entitle me about those helmets?

The helmets/Aquabreathers are probably Rime-Rimmed Mariner's Rebreather. Its a rare from Wintersday gifts normally. The icon looks correct for them. Im pretty sure its not the consortium breathing mask since it would have a red icon and the Diver's breather (the bubble) is ascended. So seems like that leaves Rime-Rimmed.

if that is true, that wold make a lot of sense and be as good as it can go

@Mea.5491 said:

@"Blocki.4931" said:Nobody wants their rare items devalued by everybody having them.

I do! :D I'm a beta player so I have plenty of "rare items". But we're talking about pixels in a video game, they don't have actual value. If I enjoy an item it doesn't matter if 10 or 10million people have it, that won't stop me enjoying it!

Why don't you delete your characters? Do these pixels hold value to you? Prestigious items always hold a value and that value goes down as more people own it. Eternity? Everybody has it, which can make it less appealing. Personally I wouldn't get it because it's too popular. I want my characters to be different from others. I'd just be another Warrior with it, how lame is that.

@phs.6089 said:

if that is true, that wold make a lot of sense and be as good as it can go

It's not. They aren't even Underwater gear. They are Air Filtration Device(s) of Anti-toxin.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Air-Filtration_Device_of_Antitoxin_(heavy)

@Blocki.4931 said:Why don't you delete your characters?

I do! :) I've been playing since beta but my oldest character is 2 because I delete them if I don't play with them anymore. I actually just deleted my old main Engi in March because I haven't touched it since PoF.

Prestigious items always hold a value and that value goes down as more people own it. Eternity? Everybody has it, which can make it less appealing. Personally I wouldn't get it because it's too popular. I want my characters to be different from others. I'd just be another Warrior with it, how lame is that.

That's okay, everyone's different. :) I'm a simple person, I use an item if I like the way it looks like, I don't care about its value and popularity. :blush:

So the event popped, and I am doing some science to parse out how it works. A suggested boss (with a link to a WP when clicked) will appear in a list under the event bar on the right side of the screen, but they appear to be chronologically out of order in regards to the wiki's boss timer.

Doing the first boss they suggested awarded me a 0 AP achievement (infinitely repeatable) and a loot box. Currently, I am testing to see if you can do bosses that are active (but not on the suggestion list) and still get the loot box/achievement.

Also, I gave the world boss gizmo from the gem store a go; it was able to get me into a functioning Tequatl with a full squad just as the boss landed on the ground, so it seems pretty effective.

EDIT: Yeah, you can kill whatever active core Tyria world boss you want; the list is only a suggestion.

EDIT EDIT: You can complete bosses more than once per day; the first time you will get normal loot + the new loot box. Any time after that, you just get the loot box.