Shocking Aura could maybe get update pls

Saniyah.1984

I did daily fractal cms yesterday and stupid chrono complaint i'm not best in slot because support tempest has almost no cc, I should buy consumables for me to be "worth a slot". So i thought shocking aura is pretty useless especially in pve, maybe they could made it give 1 second of daze in a very short radius while it's up only one pulse(which made it a bit like thief baselisk venom), when you granted shocking auro to entire group 5 man it would give 500 breakbar damage plus 100 from transmute, I think it may boost dagger tempest in pvp a too since it's pretty week rn

PS The run went very smooth, so he just wanted to complain about something

Maybe it is just my PvP bias, but Shocking Aura is fine as is. If it ever feels insufficient, I'd say it is because stability is too commonplace now and invalidates CC to a certain degree. Shocking Aura can still carry a great impact, being able to interrupt things like Rev's Unrelenting Assault, Soulbeast's Smoke Assault, and Thief's Daggerstorm. It can also in general help relieve a lot of melee pressure. Rather than buff it directly, I would rather see other things brought down or have the air aura trait have shocking auras grant quickness or superspeed too.

@"Saniyah.1984" said:Not if its basicly your50% of ALL your ccs

if you have shocking aura then you are main hand dagger. Additional CCs:

• Frozen Burst
  • Earthen Rush (previously magnetic leap)

Then you have your off-hand which I guarantee has at least one more CC. So 25% is a better number.

Maybe you mean "interrupts" instead of "ccs"?

@juno.1840 said:

@"Saniyah.1984" said:Not if its basicly your50% of ALL your ccs

if you have shocking aura then you are main hand dagger. Additional CCs:
  • Frozen Burst
  • Earthen Rush (previously magnetic leap)

Then you have your off-hand which I guarantee has at least one more CC. So 25% is a better number.

Maybe you mean "interrupts" instead of "ccs"?

Air Overload and Rebound can give Shocking Aura without needing a Dagger.Arcane Resurrection.Superior Rune of Air/Surging too.

I main DD Tempest for PvP and we have quite a bit of CC.

You can chain together 12s Shocking Aura and share it with allies, 12s of AoE stuns essentially. (No runes)Theres also Updraft and Earthquake? (Skill 4 of Earth, im not good with names of things)Theres also Air Overload to Earthen Rush. (Lightning field + leap)Shocking Aura detonation.

Shocking Aura is rather good in PvP but I could understand why it would be lacking for PvE.

Auras are lacking in PvE because you dodge boss attacks that are meant to oneshot any build by default, and auras are useful only when hit, which makes them worthless in PvE, Tempest would've been able to provide a decent amount of CC with allies if somehow it could get the auras to be useful passively.

The problem is... without splitting skills/traits between game modes, nothing will change as it will be strong for PvP and midline Auramancer in WvW.

@Auburner.6945 said:Auras are lacking in PvE because you dodge boss attacks that are meant to oneshot any build by default, and auras are useful only when hit, which makes them worthless in PvE, Tempest would've been able to provide a decent amount of CC with allies if somehow it could get the auras to be useful passively.

The problem is... without splitting skills/traits between game modes, nothing will change as it will be strong for PvP and midline Auramancer in WvW.

This is exactly what i meant, but auras are underwhelming in pvp too, especially since other classes bring tonns of cc and counter presures where especially tempest does not. we are mostly seen as easy kills >.<The transmute thing helps but it's cooldown is too much for the small thing it does, a small 1 second daze when the aura is up that can only effected a target(s) once every 2 seconds(in pvp) in small radius is not that bad or overpowered, i think

@Saniyah.1984 said:

@Auburner.6945 said:Auras are lacking in PvE because you dodge boss attacks that are meant to oneshot any build by default, and auras are useful only when hit, which makes them worthless in PvE, Tempest would've been able to provide a decent amount of CC with allies if somehow it could get the auras to be useful passively.

This is exactly what i meant, but auras are underwhelming in pvp too, especially since other classes bring tonns of cc and counter presures where especially tempest does not. we are mostly seen as easy kills >.<

Well, surely the Stability spam and range which is quite the norm of nowadays meta will make the aura look like a joke, but still, it's not fun to get stunned for hitting someone. Yeah, players will wait for your Aura to wear off if they are out of its counters, but the idea of a passive stun is just, meh... something I hate about Full Counter. Maybe pulsing 0.5s of stun/daze can do it, but I don't know. Imagine 10 players in WvW engaging with pulsing Stab annihilators... not cool.

The transmute thing helps but it's cooldown is too much for the small thing it does, a small 1 second daze when the aura is up that can only effected a target(s) once every 2 seconds(in pvp) in small radius is not that bad or overpowered, i think

Maybe the transmute should also work across all allies, but the thing is, what if the ally wants the aura. It's a bit frustrating finding a way to make Auras work in PvE, and to make them equal to a Scrapper or a Firebrand in other modes.