RIP Reaper's Touch

GFreenD.3764

why you had to do this ive came back to play this game after feel nostalgia and when i come back few days later you nerf my all time favorite skill and now make it close to non existenti beg you bring it back all of the other stuff just fells so off. :-1: :anguished:

@GFreenD.3764 said:why you had to do this ive came back to play this game after feel nostalgia and when i come back few days later you nerf my all time favorite skill and now make it close to non existenti beg you bring it back all of the other stuff just fells so off. :-1: :anguished:

Reaper's Touch just got the normal necro treatment (AKA get necroed)that mean high cast time well animated slow moving skill

I don't like it. It's too weak and the ammo mechanic does not save it, but increases its clunkyness.

It should scale with power (currently it doesn't and works like sigil of leeching with flat values) and be able to crit. The LF gen should be 15%, the vulnerability a stack of 10 and the heal should be 1k HP. Therefor it should lose the ammo mechanic and have a 15s cooldown.

@"KrHome.1920" said:I don't like it. It's too weak and the ammo mechanic does not save it, but increases its clunkyness.

It should scale with power (currently it doesn't and works like sigil of leeching with flat values) and be able to crit. The LF gen should be 15%, the vulnerability a stack of 10 and the heal should be 1k HP. Therefor it should lose the ammo mechanic and have a 15s cooldown.

Ah, I forgot it does not scale with anything useful. That would explain my confusion and frustration at figuring out how to use it for something other than a casual wave of the hand to say, "Hello."

LF gain is the only solid use right now but I am still thinking on it.

Also, staff auto hits ~25% harder.

Oops, I was planning to withhold an opinion a bit longer.

@"Aetatis.5418" said:same as wh 5 but on a way shorter cd. pure LF generation.how many of "us" were crying about lf generation - here we got it. still not enough? idk then

That's because if it's not OP, it's not good in their eyes. Look at Axe 2 for necro. It got buffed so many times, and now it hits so hard it's insane. And people are still crying about it being too weak. Like they did the other 10 times it got buffed.

For core Necro, you gain life force now at such crazy amounts, every few attacks and it's as if you're near full Life Force for your shroud. Most of the Necromancer players will never be happy until it's stupidly busted. That's just the reality of it.

@Ghos.1326 said:

@"Aetatis.5418" said:same as wh 5 but on a way shorter cd. pure LF generation.how many of "us" were crying about lf generation - here we got it. still not enough? idk then

That's because if it's not OP, it's not good in their eyes. Look at Axe 2 for necro. It got buffed so many times, and now it hits so hard it's insane. And people are still crying about it being too weak. Like they did the other 10 times it got buffed.

For core Necro, you gain life force now at such crazy amounts, every few attacks and it's as if you're near full Life Force for your shroud. Most of the Necromancer players will never be happy until it's stupidly busted. That's just the reality of it.Axe2 is strong, but is the only skill on the whole weapon that deals noticeable damage. When you add the offhand then axe2 and focus5 are the only two skills that deal damage. Both skills are hardcountered by melee movement (just run through the necro and attack while he is casting to hurt him hard while taking only low damage or no damage at all by yourself).

@"KrHome.1920" said:I don't like it. It's too weak and the ammo mechanic does not save it, but increases its clunkyness.

Ah, I forgot it does not scale with anything useful. That would explain my confusion and frustration at figuring out how to use it for something other than a casual wave of the hand to say, "Hello."

LF gain is the only solid use right now but I am still thinking on it.

Also, staff auto hits ~25% harder.

Oops, I was planning to withhold an opinion a bit longer.I have to correct myself. It scales with power/might, but it does not increase its damage through damage modifiers (e.g. the 300 range 10% modifier of soul eater has no effect on it) or vulnerability on your target. It has some other weird inconsistent mechanics. Sometimes the LF is granted on killings strikes and sometimes not.

@KrHome.1920 said:

For core Necro, you gain life force now at such crazy amounts, every few attacks and it's as if you're near full Life Force for your shroud. Most of the Necromancer players will never be happy until it's stupidly busted. That's just the reality of it.Axe2 is strong, but is the only skill on the whole weapon that deals noticeable damage. When you add the offhand then axe2 and focus5 are the only two skills that deal damage. Both skills are hardcountered by melee movement (just run through the necro and attack while he is casting to hurt him hard while taking only low damage or no damage at all by yourself).

That's if he doesn't pop a fear or a boon corrupt while you're in the middle of pursuit.

@Ghos.1326 said:

That's if he doesn't pop a fear or a boon corrupt while you're in the middle of pursuit.There are some nasty combos sure, but setting these up takes actually some effort. No necro burst comes out of nowhere. I mean it's easy enough to disengage when he pops shroud. Let him at least follow up a 900 range axe 2 channel you need to dodge. After that he is basically helpless.

@KrHome.1920 said:

That's if he doesn't pop a fear or a boon corrupt while you're in the middle of pursuit.There are some nasty combos sure, but setting these up takes actually some effort. No necro burst comes out of nowhere. I mean it's easy enough to disengage when he pops shroud. Let him at least follow up a 900 range axe 2 channel you need to dodge. After that he is basically helpless.

And that's exactly what most players don't understand and see reaper as very strong because of that.But sadly it's still mostly a punching bag against skilled players

@KrHome.1920 said:

Eh I have experience with playing against Necromancers in general. They can be very tricky across all specs to disengage from. You're forgetting things like chill and cripple that they can apply to you at decently readily available cooldowns, so escaping them is not so easy.

We're not wanting anything spectacular at all. Just a rework with some meat on the bones. Waiting from launch to receive this is pathetic. No matter which way you see it. If you were a necro main from launch as many of us were, you'd like a little more than this..... come on now. Who here is still crying about axe 2 being too weak? Show yourselves!...crickets.

To all those who say its now a better version of it im sorry but i dont think you realize how good it was and how bad it is now (current skill has a very slow cast time and slow moving projectile that can easily be dealth with via deflect or just a simple dodge both are easy as you see projectile coming miles away and very slowly) the only benefit i see from it is that it gives decent life force but even then considering how slow you cast it and when it reaches your target you are better off casting other skills that do same except betterthe reason i liked old one was because if you play it right you can get 25 stack of vulnerability on 2 enemys and regen to anyone around as well as gaining like 1/3+ of your life force per cast and all of that just from one skill(it was also indeflectable) and provided quite good surprize for turn arounds.

@GFreenD.3764 said:To all those who say its now a better version of it im sorry but i dont think you realize how good it was and how bad it is now (current skill has a very slow cast time and slow moving projectile that can easily be dealth with via deflect or just a simple dodge both are easy as you see projectile coming miles away and very slowly) the only benefit i see from it is that it gives decent life force but even then considering how slow you cast it and when it reaches your target you are better off casting other skills that do same except betterthe reason i liked old one was because if you play it right you can get 25 stack of vulnerability on 2 enemys and regen to anyone around as well as gaining like 1/3+ of your life force per cast and all of that just from one skill(it was also indeflectable) and provided quite good surprize for turn arounds.

It was a typical buff-nerf that happens a lot to necro. Both at the same time

I like it now. Very high lf with very reliable projectile with very high speed and very good animation. Top skill /s

@dceptaconroy.7928 said:We're not wanting anything spectacular at all. Just a rework with some meat on the bones. Waiting from launch to receive this is pathetic. No matter which way you see it. If you were a necro main from launch as many of us were, you'd like a little more than this..... come on now. Who here is still crying about axe 2 being too weak? Show yourselves!...crickets.

Either you're in denial or trying to sound knowledgeable. Both of which are failing.

@dceptaconroy.7928 said:Denial is where you refuse to believe something as the truth. So I'm failing at that...thanks, cleared that up for me. I'd be 'succeeding' in my denial in order for your point to give me that A1 retort. Failing to sound knowledgeable, well..that's like your opinion man. :)

Maybe I messed up on the denial part. Good call. So the other still stands. Glad we're clear on that.

The main attraction of the old skill was the damage it could potentially do if, on the rare occasion, it actually hit each time. They stripped that aspect of it with the rework and left it feel rather like a wet noodle. All it needed was homing + damage compressed into one hit. The life stealing was not needed.