Arenanet Compasation

Reading some of the problems some people had with losing real life money due to the latest bug, let alone the fact that ALL of us players had to deal with the TP being down for a while and tack on that ever since the expansion release some of the game play has not been able to be access, I feel that Arenanet should compassionate us all with a reasonable amount of gems. Having played a MMO during an expansion launch three times, and with the last expansion causing the players to not being able to access the game for a few days, they compensated their players with a week of free game time. Seeing how this is a non subscription based MMO, Arenanet giving us gems would not be out of the question.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-user-agreement/Point 4b:[...]YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ARENANET HAS NO OBLIGATION TO REFUND ANY PAYMENTS, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, RELATED TO AN ACCOUNT WHETHER OR NOT SUCH PAYMENTS WERE MADE OR AUTHORIZED BY YOU, FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INTERRUPTION OR UNAVAILABILITY OF SERVICE (SEE ALSO SECTION 10).[...](sorry for caps, but it's stated like this in there)

Point 10b:You acknowledge that Service may be interrupted for reasons within or beyond the control of ArenaNet, that ArenaNet cannot and does not guarantee You will be able to use the Game or any Account whenever You wish to do so, that ArenaNet will interrupt the Service on a regular basis for purposes of maintenance or updates and may do so without providing You with notice before such interruption, and that ArenaNet may provide subsequent versions, enhancements, modifications, upgrades or patches related to the Game that You must accept and/or install before You will be able to use the Game.

tl;dr: live with it, you have signed the User Agreement upon account creation.

@MajinZava.9764 said:Reading some of the problems some people had with losing real life money due to the latest bug, let alone the fact that ALL of us players had to deal with the TP being down for a while and tack on that ever since the expansion release some of the game play has not been able to be access, I feel that Arenanet should compassionate us all with a reasonable amount of gems. Having played a MMO during an expansion launch three times, and with the last expansion causing the players to not being able to access the game for a few days, they compensated their players with a week of free game time. Seeing how this is a non subscription based MMO, Arenanet giving us gems would not be out of the question.

I think ArenaNet is quite compassionate with us; they often give us content at no charge, whatsoever.

As for compensating us for bugs and such...no, I don't feel that's necessary. We knew before we ever started playing the game (see passages from the EULA above) that such incidents might happen, and we agreed that we were fine with it.

Good luck.

• ArenaNet Staff

No one is losing money or items. There have been a few issues with timely delivery, but as far as I have been told, all items are delivered, all gold is delivered, and there are no losses whatsoever. I think you should read Nokomis's and Ic's posts. They contain much wisdom. And please rest assured that if there is any sort of loss, we will make good on that on an individual player basis. I suggest that players wait a day or 2 for things to settle and if they still feel there's something missing, they then can contact CS.

Archived