The problem with high end infusions

At the moment, to get your hands on the chak or festive infusions, you basically have to find a black market and do trading outside of the game. There are several all over the internet. Surely this wasn't anet's goal?How about increasing the drop rate? No? u want them to still be super rare?How about increasing the cap on the amount you can bid in the tp? You still find ways to complain about this?How about anet just coming out and saying that any type of trading outside of the game will not get your account banned in any form, bc a lot of these accounts have become too valuable to take a risk.

Nobody should be forced to find a black market to get an infusion if they have the gold, and at the same time taking a chance to get their account banned.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Nandor The Stampede.1593 said:Find a black market and do trading outside of the game.

@Nandor The Stampede.1593 said:How about anet just coming out and saying that any type of trading outside of the game will not get your account banned in any form, bc a lot of these accounts have become too valuable to take a risk.

They aren't black markets if they aren't already "illegal".

Players aren't "forced" to sell their infusions with means that aren't the TP. It may not be the smartest idea to pay 1500g in fees, but players certainly aren't forced. ANet has given players the means to sell it through the TP. Whether or not you think the infusions are worth more than the max bid limit simply isn't an issue that is worth a 2nd look.

Find something to complain about, cause this really isn't one of them.

Love the idea of the event but random drops seem hopeless and inspires me not to participate. There should have also been an overall achievement tied to the event like kill "X" amount of world bosses and get to choose one item from a loot box which were account bound and still have the chance to get an unbound version from a random drop.

If I'm going to sit around and waste my gaming hours standing for 10 or so min each new spawn make it worth it please. The proverbial carrot needs to somewhat be in reach to make this event interesting.

@"Excursion.9752" said:Love the idea of the event but random drops seem hopeless and inspires me not to participate. There should have also been an overall achievement tied to the event like kill "X" amount of world bosses and get to choose one item from a loot box which were account bound and still have the chance to get an unbound version from a random drop.

If I'm going to sit around and waste my gaming hours standing for 10 or so min each new spawn make it worth it please. The proverbial carrot needs to somewhat be in reach to make this event interesting.

Agreed, I've done the event several times, have gotten nothing of value, decided to cut my loses there. People in my maps kept asking if anyone got anything of value, and over the course of several hours 2 ppl said they gotten drops worth about 60g. Can't remember what type of skins they were. At this point, I don't care if I don't get anything, but it'd be nice to see the infusions drop a little in price.

@Nandor The Stampede.1593 said:

How about increasing the drop rate?

Actually that's exactly what they should do. Unlike legendaries there's no way to progress towards these items and they are so rare that >99% of players won't get one even if they farm the respective content for years. A-Net should just add these items to the local NPC vendors for X amount of map currency. This would help keeping the metas alive while also giving the players something to work towards.

@Tails.9372 said:

How about increasing the drop rate?

Actually that's exactly what they should do. Unlike legendaries there's no way to progress towards these items and they are so rare that >99% of players won't get one even if they farm the respective content for years. A-Net should just add these items to the local NPC vendors for X amount of map currency. This would help keeping the metas alive while also giving the players something to work towards.

I don't get why ppl bitch about a slight increase in drop rate, I mean queen bee has been around way longer than chak and festive and it still sells for 6k and above. If anything it has increased steadily in price, I remember when they used to be 2k. The only ppl opposed to this are the whales who prob have more than one chak on their possession. Im hoping this world boss events makes a small dent on the high end infusion trade market.

@"PlagueParade.7942" said:Of course 99.9% of the player base will get nothing. It'd tank the market and the " prestige " if the droprate were a lot higher. Good Luck though all, especially to me hope I get the chak egg sac or confetti infusions soon.

These items should have never been the "prestige" items they are right now, that's what legendaries are there for. These kind of items should have been used to add longevity to their respective maps but there is a difference between "making an item hard to get so that people have to put in some effort if they want to obtain one" and "making an item so rare that people aren't even trying anymore". Their drop rate should be more akin to what Tequatls Hort and the worm gear boxes are (in addition to being sold at the map vendor for map currency).

I think the only thing we really need is extremely grindy and expensive recipes to craft them as an alternative to drops, that require time-gated materials, so those who are never getting any luck can still slowly get to it without having to go through gold grind.
It could be added to Grandmaster Jewelcrafting, and spend lots of all those unused gemstones, silver and gold among other materials.They would have to be expensive enough that the rarest infusions won't go down in price too much, but cheap enough they are a valid alternative.
Crafted infusions could be account-bound to keep the dropped valuable as something you can sell.The time-gating would ensure nobody can get too many of them too often, and also help maintain the value of tradable ones.

Of course, time-gated crafting also needs improvements so it can be accumulated as a 'crafting quota' that is earned daily for each time-gated item, but doesn't require crafting daily. So people would be able to gather materials for a month while earning quota daily through successive daily logins, then they'd be able to spend the accumulated 30 day quota crafting 30 of the items they want consecutively anytime they want.

@Nandor The Stampede.1593 said:Not a bad idea, I mean they did that with the 1st gen legendary precursors, and dusk still sells for 700ish gold.

Which is half its previous value.

@Nandor The Stampede.1593 said:I get that, we don't want a drop every hour, but adding a few several over the course of the event can't really affect the market that much. I mean even one a day, wouldn't be bad at all considering the event runs for what? 7 days? 7 drops wont change the market that much in the long term. Good luck to you too.

It’s been barely a day and there’s really no way to know if any haven’t already dropped already.

This is something that I wonder about. I do Junundu Rising daily now, largely to have a chance at the mini. This mini sells for the gold cap, and it is so rare that there's none of them standing on the market. Hasn't been one for months. I keep wondering if this was Anets intent: to make an item that nobody will have, nobody will be able to have. It's a bit like making a large sculpture, then burying it in the ground, then hoping that somebody appreciates it when they dig it up one day.

If you would leave the decision to me: I would ensure that legendary items are the most expensive items in game, at their current prices. They are called legendary for a reason.

I would increase the drop rate for the current rare infusions and invisible boots to go below the prices of the legendary items. Still, expensive, but obtainable for a serious player.

Te so called black market is not always illegal. If no real-world currency is changing hands and the external marketplace is just assisting in the matchmaking between buyer ans seller there are no rules broken. As far as I know it also is allowed to pay a third player a transaction fee for mailing the item. (Like 100 in-game gold for being a 'trusted' third party broker)

Of course, players take great risk by mailing valuable items to other accounts bypassing the trading post.

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:I think the only thing we really need is extremely grindy and expensive recipes to craft them as an alternative to drops, that require time-gated materials, so those who are never getting any luck can still slowly get to it without having to go through gold grind.

It could be added to Grandmaster Jewelcrafting, and spend lots of all those unused gemstones, silver and gold among other materials.They would have to be expensive enough that the rarest infusions won't go down in price too much, but cheap enough they are a valid alternative.

Crafted infusions could be account-bound to keep the dropped valuable as something you can sell.The time-gating would ensure nobody can get too many of them too often, and also help maintain the value of tradable ones.

Of course, time-gated crafting also needs improvements so it can be accumulated as a 'crafting quota' that is earned daily for each time-gated item, but doesn't require crafting daily. So people would be able to gather materials for a month while earning quota daily through successive daily logins, then they'd be able to spend the accumulated 30 day quota crafting 30 of the items they want consecutively anytime they want.

I think crafting that takes up a lot of resources with an account bound outcome is good.

@"Excursion.9752" said:Love the idea of the event but random drops seem hopeless and inspires me not to participate. There should have also been an overall achievement tied to the event like kill "X" amount of world bosses and get to choose one item from a loot box which were account bound and still have the chance to get an unbound version from a random drop.

Unfortunately, this is the truth. I was plain disappointed to see that it had no worthwhile achievements nor drops bound to the event. Let's face it, I am not going to waste my time, either, for the tiny chance of an infusion drop; most of those world bosses become boring after one run, so doing them daily does not appeal to me under these circumstances. I usually participate only when I don't find anything better to do or when I require a collection drop.