Question about Boss Infusion Drop

I've been doing boss even for 8 hours now and i havnt got any infusion or boots, am i missing anything? sorry new player here

"From May 6 to May 13, you’ll get a Bonus Box of Goods from every world boss you participate in defeating. There’s a rare chance for these to contain especially shiny items like cosmetic infusions and invisible footwear."

@"Brighid.6351" said:I've been doing boss even for 8 hours now and i havnt got any infusion or boots, am i missing anything? sorry new player here

"From May 6 to May 13, you’ll get a Bonus Box of Goods from every world boss you participate in defeating. There’s a rare chance for these to contain especially shiny items like cosmetic infusions and invisible footwear."

Place a lot of emphasis on the word "Rare".. think of a number between 0.0000000097686 and 0.0000074659.. that's about the sweet spot of your chance to drop one of them :)

@"DeanBB.4268" said:Did you miss that word "rare" in the description? By "rare" they mean minuscule chance.

Why are people here such jerks, what is ur problem?

@"Brighid.6351" said:I've been doing boss even for 8 hours now and i havnt got any infusion or boots, am i missing anything? sorry new player here

Unfortunately the chance of an infusion drop is super super rare, probably non existent. To give you an example, I did the world boss train for several hours yesterday, didn't get anything, but we kept asking in mapchat if anyone at all have gotten drops, and from those several hours over several maps, only two people said they gotten a skin drop worth about 60g. If you have time to kill, it doesn't hurt to keep doing the world bosses, but if you don't, grind something else.

most people even when playing basically 10 hours a day for like 2 years wont see any precursor or any other valuable drops. Any somewhat even remotely high chance to get anything valuable in this game is from Black Lion box.

When i first joined GW2 i did like so much farming and running metas/world bosses day in and day out and in months never got anything, so i stopped and play casually ever since, cuz there is no real point. Theres like silverwastes or certain LWS map metas where you just braindead farm mats to get gold to buy from TP what you want.

Or just use real money to get gems and sell those for gold.

Even most single player games these days more and more go from " awesome rare loot reward" into "soulwretching grind xx mats to trade for xx rare thing" or use real money to speed things upthumbs up

@"Nandor The Stampede.1593" said:Why are people here such jerks, what is ur problem?

No problem here. The OP stated they are a new player, so I was pointing out how ANet uses the word "Rare" -- which to many might not have the same meaning. IE, they might think that one in ten or one in a hundred = rare. Which is not how Anet uses the word at all.

But thanks for your concerns.

@"Eremes Guile.1480" said:why do anet keep on missing it eh? the hype was good, made alot of players came back. But it was also disapointing at the same time. too much hit or miss.

Because "Over Hype" and "Under Deliver" is what this was all about.. this was not about giving the players anything, this was about keeping players logging in as the content lull continues onward. More players that stay logged in, the more chance for gem sales and/or store purchases.I would hazard a guess you will be able to count the number of players that drop infusions over the course of the week, on 1 hand maybe 2 tops.

@"aspirine.5839" said:It's hard to do drop right. Too much and you have people uninterested because there is no exclusivity, to little and people complain about not getting anything. It is low but seems ok in GW2.

but it's just a one week event tho?! some players, when they read that "shinny" post anet would've thought "ah finally something rewarding to come back to!"

@Eremes Guile.1480 said:

@"aspirine.5839" said:It's hard to do drop right. Too much and you have people uninterested because there is no exclusivity, to little and people complain about not getting anything. It is low but seems ok in GW2.

but it's just a one week event tho?! some players, when they read that "shinny" post anet would've thought "ah finally something rewarding to come back to!"

Yeah I know, I am playing Anet games for a long time. The droprate of some items in GW1, like froggies or BDS was also low, I never got one. Always had to buy everything.Same as in GW2, although I think I got a precursor once in WvW.

@"Bear.9568" said:NCSoft is a south korean video game dev. Korean, Chinese and Japanese game developers are known for heavy RNG elements, just look at "gacha" games.

In contrast, don't expect anything for free.

at this moment, it's not about NCsoft. it's about this special one week event. And tons been upset about the reward box, it's true don't expect anything for free, but then again, worthless rewards for actually farming this "special" event?

You get 1 guaranteed rare unid with every box, why aren't you happy!!!!

Anet has never been known to be generous with rewards, they overrate low quality rewards a lot, their time/risk to reward ratio has never been good, and the rng is all over the place. Queen bee and Chak are ultra rare items as it is, do you really think they would give away a massive chunk of them in a week?Know how many Queen bee infusions have gone up on the trading post since yesterday? 0Don't go through this event expecting to win the lotto :)

@Eremes Guile.1480 said:

@"Bear.9568" said:NCSoft is a south korean video game dev. Korean, Chinese and Japanese game developers are known for heavy RNG elements, just look at "gacha" games.

In contrast, don't expect anything for free.

at this moment, it's not about NCsoft. it's about this special one week event. And tons been upset about the reward box, it's true don't expect anything for free, but then again, worthless rewards for actually farming this "special" event?

NCsoft owns Anet; who are the developers of GW2.Your "special event" is no more than data collection and marketing.