PoF Story Needs More "Checkpoints"

I currently can't progress through Path of Fire's story due to inexplicable crashing issues that ANET has yet to talk about, but issues with the game aside, Path of Fire has some of the longest story driven scenes of any campaign/living world season GW2 has experienced up until this point. Because of this I find it extremely strange that there are so few checkpoints within the story. Once more the few that exist don't seem very consistent. For example: the game will remember when you've left the Mists and have arrived at Kormir's Library, yet it wont remember if you've been sent to the Land of the Lost, or have escaped from it. Meaning I've had to sit through a very long and drawn out battle with Balthazar no less than 3 times. (And I will have to face him a 4th time next time I play do to the aforementioned crashing issues)

Random little hiccups like these would bother me (and the rest of the player base by proxy) significantly less if the devs could be just a bit more merciful with in-story saves...There's no reason not to use them at every significant progressive shift within story instances, and even for the players that aren't having random crashing issues, it would be really reassuring to know not too much progress will be wasted if something unexpected suddenly comes up, like real life emergencies.

I haven't experienced the crashing issue, but I agree that the story segments are overly long. I'm a parent with young children, and I often have frequent interruptions as a result. Getting more than 30 minutes of uninterrupted playtime is a rare luxury for me. Trying to complete story segments that extend longer than that can be very difficult.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived