Tengu or Largos? Which new race do you want to see in a future release?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said other, thinking hylek would be cool if they moved differently than other races, but after looking up largos, those would be great if fitting the lore and story and it would be cool to have a race whose native environment was underwater.

@VDAC.2137 said:I said other, thinking hylek would be cool if they moved differently than other races, but after looking up largos, those would be great if fitting the lore and story and it would be cool to have a race whose native environment was underwater.

Yes but to fit the lore/story there must be water/underwater content, that is why I said it most likely will be Tengu :)

It's doubtful whether this will ever happen - I think for ANet it'd be a "we'd like to but that's so much work" - but I usually see Tengu winning this by a landslide. And for good reason - they're charismatic, they have a history in lore, they're relatively unique but still have that strong link to another fan favourite of the GW universe - Cantha.

I actually wasn't a fan of Cantha at all, but I have a feeling that today's ANet would do a much better job of it. And tengu would be icing on the cake.

@"Pirindolo.9427" said:What makes you think that there will be a future release of those?

The title says "what you want to see in a future release" and I want to see Largos race :)

@"Pirindolo.9427" said:All we know so far is that there are no plans for future expansions of GW2.

No, we don't know that. You can't paraphrase "LS5 is coming right after LS4" into "there are no plans for future expansion of GW2".

@"Samuel.4812" said:Please more races. I can deal with charr armor clipping as most of my characters are charr and I would love more beastly races.

Largos are lame water elves and I don't want them.

How dare you say these creatures are lame. Look at this awesome dark style and imagine the new possibilities of styles.

403px-Largos_Hunter_concept_art.jpg

While Tengu might have a lot of style similarities to the Charr.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:No, we don't know that. You can't paraphrase "LS5 is coming right after LS4" into "there are no plans for future expansion of GW2".And I didn't. You maybe missed Mike Z's post about future plans for GW2.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@Pirindolo.9427 said:All we know so far is that there are no plans for future expansions of GW2.

We don't know that. ANet is not forthcoming about information when it comes to their far-reaching future plans. They like to give us surprises.

I insist on the same: Mike Z talked about future of GW2 and what to expect. There was not even a single mention to future expansions.

And finally: There are no plans for a future expansion =/= there won't be ever a expansion

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"Samuel.4812" said:Please more races. I can deal with charr armor clipping as most of my characters are charr and I would love more beastly races.

How dare you say these creatures are lame. Look at this awesome dark style and imagine the new possibilities of styles.

Yeah but we already have three humanoid races with norn sylvari and human. And sylvari are practically elves.

We have one beast race that's playable.

An elf that always wears a breathing mask and always has wings is rather lame imo, sorry. They offer very little that you don't have currently in terms of fashion wars.

@Samuel.4812 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@Samuel.4812 said:Please more races. I can deal with charr armor clipping as most of my characters are charr and I would love more beastly races.

Yeah but we already have three humanoid races with norn sylvari and human. And sylvari are practically elves.

An elf that always wears a breathing mask and always has wings is rather lame imo, sorry. They offer very little that you don't have currently in terms of fashion wars.

Where do you put Asura :)

People call them rats - they must be beasts ;)

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@Samuel.4812 said:Please more races. I can deal with charr armor clipping as most of my characters are charr and I would love more beastly races.

Where do you put Asura :)

People call them rats - they must be beasts ;)

Eh the silhouette is still humanoid in features but it's arguable for either category.

What about ogres? Ascalonian humans? Awakened?

Tengu or Largos? Which new race do you want to see in a future release?Ignoring the fact that ANet says this isn't something they are going to invest in (even though they love the idea, too), I wouldn't want either of those to be next. If ANet spends the effort, I'd rather see something gameplay changing, rather than just "another" human-like, humanoid race. I'd welcome new stories content that involve Tengu or Largos, because I think that would be fun and interesting. I also think they'd be too simplistic an option as a new race.