The Living World Season 4 finale, “War Eternal,” arrives on May 14! — Guild Wars 2 Forums

The Living World Season 4 finale, “War Eternal,” arrives on May 14!

The end is near—the Living World Season 4 finale, “War Eternal,” arrives on May 14.

Stéphane Lo Presti
Content Marketing Manager

Tagged:
<13

Comments

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2019

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

it's the official gw2 facebook page but the lack of fanfare has me confused

• sarkysek.1085sarkysek.1085 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2019

Dude! May 14th? HYPE! =) I hope the new map is in the Mists!

• Holy..... And it shall begin!

• Tom.9516Tom.9516 Member ✭✭

Yeah im all for the hype but im not too sure about that release date. I think they must have released this by accident.
    Or I'm wrong and we get the trailer today and the epi in 5 days

@Tom.9516 said:
    Yeah im all for the hype but im not too sure about that release date. I think they must have released this by accident.

that's the confusing part

• But you gotta admit it does coincide with the end of the 4 week prep pack and monday the 13th being the last day for the current bonus event.

• moonstarmac.4603moonstarmac.4603 Member ✭✭✭

I'm looking forward to this episode. Maybe the 5 remaining gods return to help out in the end? Maybe Aurene can be saved by Balthazar's flame? So many twists and turns so far...

Wolf Moonstar
    Dragon Council, Third Seat: Jade Sea Haven (Jade) of Ehmry Bay
    My Ryzen Rig

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

My biggest concern is we are suddenly going to find a way to win in prob half an episode before the final climatic battle. That on the outset seems like we are going to cram things in and not do justice to the story and exploring any plot points.

I guess we will know this by time next week

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• sarkysek.1085sarkysek.1085 Member ✭✭✭

@derd.6413 said:

@Tom.9516 said:

that's the confusing part

I think we'll either get an announcement today or tomorrow after the livestream.

• Palador.2170Palador.2170 Member ✭✭✭✭

@sarkysek.1085 said:
    I hope the new map is in the Mists!

I've been thinking about that, and isn't it odd that they've not given us the name of the map yet?

The title of the chapter, though... "War Eternal". Were else but the mists would we fight an eternal war? Where else could we find some sort of Eternal Battleground?

Anyone else want to see Kralk wipe out Stonemist Castle as his corpse comes crashing down?

Lip synching is just mime karaoke.

@Palador.2170 said:

@sarkysek.1085 said:

I've been thinking about that, and isn't it odd that they've not given us the name of the map yet?

The title of the chapter, though... "War Eternal". Were else but the mists would we fight an eternal war? Where else could we find some sort of Eternal Battleground?

Anyone else want to see Kralk wipe out Stonemist Castle as his corpse comes crashing down?

They ruled out a map in the Mists during in one of their Q&A

Otherwise, yes that would be quite funny to see

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• The trailer is Making it hard to believe aureane won't be revived in some way.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@White Kitsunee.4620 said:
    The trailer is Making it hard to believe aureane won't be revived in some way.

Since that's the popular theory it's very easy to just bait everyone into thinking that :) Personally I'm not so sure anymore. But there are a couple other suspicious things, like not giving us the name of the map.

Smugly chuckling forever.
    My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

• castlemanic.3198castlemanic.3198 Member ✭✭✭✭

IT'S OFFICIAL! Sooner than I was expecting it but hoorah!

If you join a debate and provide little to no proof when the other side provides lots of evidence, you can't then declare yourself the winner of that debate. Veterans can make signatures apparently.

edited May 9, 2019

"For it may be that death is not the end"

You so missed a chance for a fade to black and Emperor Joko cackling ;)

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

Nice trolling of not releasing it on Tuesday ;)
    I was already betting between 21st or 28th but....yay 14th! The sooner the better :)
    Now it's HYPE time!!!

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• bOTEB.1573bOTEB.1573 Member ✭✭✭✭

14th May :) Can't wait !

Wishlist:
    Everything that kills me should be nerfed
    Remove all time gates - I play more than some people yet I receive the same rewards per day/week (PvP/WvW tickets etc)
    ANET developments/events and everything else should be in a schedule with the time I play

• Flaming.4250Flaming.4250 Member ✭✭
    edited May 9, 2019

It would seem that the story is going to pick up just a few minuits after the events of All or Nothing.
    I was not expecting the traler to drop today.

@Diamant Brut.4208 said:
    Ok seriously, who did this music ? We need a name !
    This music is ... magnificient and awsome :o <3

Agreed. It very slightly recollected moonlight sonata for me.

It is rare for the score to miscue and it was spot on here

• Klowdy.3126Klowdy.3126 Member ✭✭✭

@Diamant Brut.4208 said:

I was thinking "I want Cellofrag to cover this song," as soon as I heard it, lol.

• Fleabite.7528Fleabite.7528 Member ✭✭
    edited May 9, 2019

Stunning!

Also - is the implication that they're all still trapped in the cavern after its collapse, and Kralk's departure? Or do they simply have nowhere else to go now that the end is nigh?

@Fleabite.7528 said:
    Stunning!

Also - is the implication that they're all still trapped in the cavern after its collapse, and Kralk's departure? Or do they simply have nowhere else to go now that the end is nigh?

probably the second

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2019

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Palador.2170 said:

@sarkysek.1085 said:

They ruled out a map in the Mists during in one of their Q&A

Otherwise, yes that would be quite funny to see

My guess is we’ll get an overland map with rifts and the story may take place by going through the rifts into the Mists. They’ve been make some emphasis on the rifts as of late which leads me to believe it’d go in that direction.

• Mahou.3924Mahou.3924 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2019

Wow, that was quite a somber or melanchonic trailer; the mood, dialogues, music and all. Given the situation and past event, not too surprisng but imho an interesting change of pace (before the PC jumps back in action). (...)"but possibly the end of the beginning" >insert mysterious tv series drum sounds<

• Samnang.1879Samnang.1879 Member ✭✭✭✭

i can't wait, waited for this for my whole life
    also now i can't sleep. i check the gw2.com site everyday to see if theres a trailer, and i nearly had a heart attack when i saw a trailer posted omg...

Anet: give us in-game customizable human NPC companion please
    Please, no more balance changes, or at least reset our gears so we don't have to waste gold changing gears every time.
    Please have option to not receive bloodstone dusts, empyreal fragments, dragonite etc

• Squirrel.6318Squirrel.6318 Member ✭✭

Will we need access to the gryphon to use the skyscale?

• Tails.9372Tails.9372 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2019

The trailer is rather empty. It's pretty much "5 minutes after the end of episode 5", yeah I could have imagined that much by myself.

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Randulf.7614 said:

No ones ever really gone

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Gulbasaur.1865Gulbasaur.1865 Member ✭✭✭

@Squirrel.6318 said:
    Will we need access to the gryphon to use the skyscale?

We didn't for the roller beetle, so it's unlikely.

• MithranArkanere.8957MithranArkanere.8957 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

No ones ever really gone

Time is an illusion. All that ever was will always be.

• coso.9173coso.9173 Member ✭✭✭

I'm not crying! YOU're crying!
    LOVED the trailer! I want to know more about the next chapter, but I guess there's a good reason to keep it hidden till release day. <3

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

Great trailer, though that last sentence was a bit cringe worthy.

• Klypto.1703Klypto.1703 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2019

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:
    Great trailer, though that last sentence was a bit cringe worthy.

I'll have to watch it now then :D It's not the end which means this had to happen to get the next rev elite legend of aurene.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2019

New map... NO NAME. hmmm okay. Will just say that it's in the continuation of the end of lws4e5... we already saw everything with the mount/greatsword trailer so it's fine. Sorry i'm not emotionnal more apathtical when watching the trailer, and also I like kralky so.... I'm just excited to discover the end for him.
    Curious of knowing how many troops we lost. Kudo on the feels, reminded me ABITS trailer.

• Endless Soul.5178Endless Soul.5178 Member ✭✭✭✭

Those expressive Taimi ears! ~heartbroken~

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Bekka | Akee | Feyyt | Nuumy | Tylee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Sixx | Claara | Conii | Jymm | Synn

Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade but your soul is endless

• Naxos.2503Naxos.2503 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2019

Darn that was a somber trailer, tugs on my feels

Eager to see what's waiting for me

• Urud.4925Urud.4925 Member ✭✭✭

Very nice trailer, I liked it!
    And thanks for the confirmation: death is not the end, but a new beginning... Aurene is gonna be awakened \0/

• blackheartgary.8605blackheartgary.8605 Member ✭✭✭

are you ready? i can't hear you, I SAID... ARE YOU READY???????

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Randulf.7614 said:

It's kinda hard to cackle when you've passed through a dragon's digestive tract. Did you mean crackle? ;)

I'm very pleasantly surprised that it's next week, looking forward to it!

• Lillis.9473Lillis.9473 Member ✭✭

@Blocki.4931 said:

Since that's the popular theory it's very easy to just bait everyone into thinking that :) Personally I'm not so sure anymore. But there are a couple other suspicious things, like not giving us the name of the map.

@Urud.4295 said:
    And thanks for the confirmation: death is not the end, but a new beginning... Aurene is gonna be awakened \0/

I think Aurene's death has transformed her into something beyond. Like Glint, she has entered a state beyond life and will play her part from there. She will never be revived and will never really be our Aurene again. She has gone past us.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2019

That about how ele feel about there fire aura right now (and the class over all).

So are they going to barry the body that kind of weird to just have it there with every one doing things.
    I hope there a new combo and food and oil!

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the trailer,
    And it seems to confirm all our theories regarding the “eternal war” ;)

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• DigiQWill.6378DigiQWill.6378 Member ✭✭

@Lillis.9473 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Urud.4295 said:

I think Aurene's death has transformed her into something beyond. Like Glint, she has entered a state beyond life and will play her part from there. She will never be revived and will never really be our Aurene again. She has gone past us.

I read up in here that it could open up a new legend for Revenant, and I must say "Scion" as an elite specialization for Revenant would be hype like hell! I believe that is how Heralds came to be too?

• Digger.8659Digger.8659 Member ✭✭

With the tone of the trailer, I'm waiting for someone to replace the music with the Evil Morty theme.

• Can we please have a full mp3 of that track. OMG also ouch and ehem "Well done."

@DigiQWill.6378 said:

@Lillis.9473 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Urud.4295 said:

I read up in here that it could open up a new legend for Revenant, and I must say "Scion" as an elite specialization for Revenant would be hype like hell! I believe that is how Heralds came to be too?

While I can see how many people would ask for Aurene as the Scion legend, i can also see why another lot of people would be angry with it.
    I can imagine people being angry with an uninspired or repeat legend.
    I think the revenant has better options that may tie better in the old world, and the new one to come.
    Heck, I’d pay a rib for an underwater legend

Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

@Diamant Brut.4208 said:

Magnanimous Palawa Joko orchestrated this.
    Only his splendor could have written a good trailer.
    But I heard he executed the one who wrote the lines spoken during the trailer, found them too cheesy.
    So now he’s awakened and locked in the cheese cellar, really, bit of an overreaction, but hey, it’s Joko

..jormag? Who's that?

This discussion has been closed.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.