No new legendary trinket with Season 4?

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:Was it announced beforehand for LS3E6?

I don't remember but the day the episode was released (25 July 2017) Aurora was also released.The trailers back then did not include "new map", "new legendary", "new set of armors", "new fractal" and so on..

@Zaraki.5784 said:I think there will be a new legendary trinket like Aurora for Season 3, requiring currencies from all Season 4 maps but it's been keeping secret untill release.Just a guess (and a hope) though.

I saved currency from all of the maps in anticipation for this. Worst case scenario is that I just convert them to VM to buy shipments.

@Hesacon.8735 said:The killer for aurora was all the achievements had to be done. For some releases, it was literally every achievement, you couldn't skip the really tedious and luck based ones.

Well Aurora was just a means to get players to buy the LS3 episodes. You need all 6 of them unlocked to get it. It's also a good way to get some traction to these maps after new expansion / LS comes.

The moment we got another time gated backpack I expected it to tie into an all encompassing achievement to get another trinket. Maybe they just keep it in the dark, maybe it's the ring. We really won't know until it's there. I really hoped for it though, as I can't dedicate enough time to get back into raids currently and going forward for at least another year.

@Nafets.1238 said:

@Hesacon.8735 said:The killer for aurora was all the achievements had to be done. For some releases, it was literally every achievement, you couldn't skip the really tedious and luck based ones.

Well Aurora was just a means to get players to buy the LS3 episodes. You need all 6 of them unlocked to get it. It's also a good way to get some traction to these maps after new expansion / LS comes.

You summed it up perfectly imo

I hope they add a legendary for these maps purely to keep them alive like aurora did

@phs.6089 said:

you could actually, trough pvp and wvw ;)

Can't do story instances locked behind slow npcs that take 45 minutes to kill spiders to get unlucky on the boss fight and have to restart from the beginning in spvp or wvw.

@Hesacon.8735 said:

@phs.6089 said:

Can't do story instances locked behind slow npcs that take 45 minutes to kill spiders to get unlucky on the boss fight and have to restart from the beginning in spvp or wvw.

You could skip tons of achievements for /map master/ skins

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

You could skip tons of achievements for /map master/ skins

I remember Bitterfrost, I felt so stupid after agonizing on the "dont get frozen" boss fight achievement only to find out you could get the skin off a reward track.

I'm not sure, but I think they didn't announce Aurora at the end of LS3 either. Maybe it comes as a suprise but so far we have no information on the subject. I'd appreciate a new trinket tied to LS4 as well as the ring that's tied to PoF-Raids, but we'll see "when it's ready" I guess.

So it looks like Coalescence will be the only one that will be released in the near future with the new raid which is kind of sad. I see no reason why another trinket couldn't be linked with LS4 maps and their currencies. LS4 began 28th of November, 2017, 1 and a half years ago; Is it too much asking for an entire LS season to bring in a trinket?

@Nafets.1238 said:

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:Aurora didn't come out when Siren's Landing launched. It came out a bit later so people could focus on doing things on the new map first.

While I don't remember exactly wiki mentions Aurora was released on 25th July 2017 same date as One Path Ends.

According to release history, the collection was added on chapter release date, but it wasn't possible to unlock just yet because the starting item from Gleam of Sentience was not available to purchase until about the next month.

@Nafets.1238 said:No word on any legendary trinket like Aurora from season 3?

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I think the TimeWaste mount will replace any legendary trinket. The effort/time gates etc. makes this .... item? to be on the same level with Aurora. So, be careful next time. ANet already gave you the legendary. But you refuse to see it.

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

@Nafets.1238 said:No word on any legendary trinket like Aurora from season 3?

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I think the TimeWaste mount will replace any legendary trinket. The effort/time gates etc. makes this .... item? to be on the same level with Aurora. So, be careful next time. ANet already gave you the legendary. But you refuse to see it.

You clearly have not completed Aurora or you would not compare the two.

Aurora is FAR harder, way more expensive and extensively time gated.