Guardian Greatsword Rework

Diviora.9548

@Diviora.9548 said:Because its outdated spell and everyone can see the animation and dodge it thats why

Because GW2 would be a better game with more 1-shot mechanics? The change to Arc Divider was bad, and will be nerfed sooner or later. No point in making more skills act like it.

TLDR: Guardian GS is perfectly fine, and is one of the better balanced weapons per profession in the game, though that just might be my guardian bias showing.

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:

@"Diviora.9548" said:Because its outdated spell and everyone (PVP) can see the animation and dodge it thats why

Actually core guard rely on this specific skill and god knows it works super well. You just don't know how to play GS effectively (no offense)

i know how it works i play with core guard in plat 2 and it sux "wokrs super well" in silver and gold but in plat vs better players its not good this is the change that core guards need to be able to be competitive in high rate games !

@Diviora.9548 said:

@Diviora.9548 said:Because its outdated spell and everyone (PVP) can see the animation and dodge it thats why

Actually core guard rely on this specific skill and god knows it works super well. You just don't know how to play GS effectively (no offense)

i know how it works i play with core guard in plat 2 and it sux "wokrs super well" in silver and gold but in plat vs better players its not good this is the change that core guards need to be able to be competitive in high rate games !

GS 2 has no issues at all in any game. And GS in general does not either. Guardian has significant issues, but GS is not an issue.

Before RI nerf core guardian with GS was performing well.

@otto.5684 said:

@Diviora.9548 said:Because its outdated spell and everyone (PVP) can see the animation and dodge it thats why

GS 2 has no issues at all in any game. And GS in general does not either. Guardian has significant issues, but GS is not an issue.

Before RI nerf core guardian with GS was performing well.

Gs second ability is outdated and need to be change the other abilitys are good i will give you example in league of legends old champions cant beat newer champs same thing here old spec cant beat newer elite specs and need changes to be up to date with everyone instan damage from second Gs spell is needed ! sorry for my bad english

Well, GS can use an update.AA chain is kinda meh.GS 2 is by far one of the most poorly designed skills in the game. What other skill requires you to stay inside of your enemy's hitbox to do full damage? All because of that useless gimmick with "hurling projectiles". Should get a hurl bag for those.GS 5 has incredibly poor aim. It's almost as bad as Torch 4 aim - you can use it point-blank and it will still miss the target half of the time.

7 spins is okai, but the "projectiles" are an issue, it could be a "whirl projectile" turning arround the guardian at 240-300 radius and not rng projectiles that hit anything if you're not inside the target.May be it would decrease a little DPS on golem, but in pvp/wvw would be a buff.

sounds like a bit of slow rotation issue that helps targets notice the spin or not betting the usage of skill on the right time to me.

i would say guardian symbols need actually a better animation/sprites effect on the ground than GS needs changes :}

Mayyyyyybe GS could spin cooould have only 2 charged/ammo spins, casting a round ) wall of absortion at the end of the 2nd spin animation that stays where was caster for 2 sec , in case target dodges and uses blockables skills at range, this could force up players to use the unblockables uptime or not.

Just wanting changing the skill to becomes another wanabe arcing slice.... feels lame.

@"Obtena.7952" said:This request doesn't really make sense ... outdated ... like how? Somehow what GS does doesn't work right anymore? I don't see it.

So you think core medi guard with GS work ? everyone can kite you and outheal your damage if it works why almost no one plays core medi guard in plat 2 and why its not meta if GS "work" ?

@"SilverMoonFlare.2984" said:Well, GS can use an update.AA chain is kinda meh.GS 2 is by far one of the most poorly designed skills in the game. What other skill requires you to stay inside of your enemy's hitbox to do full damage? All because of that useless gimmick with "hurling projectiles". Should get a hurl bag for those.GS 5 has incredibly poor aim. It's almost as bad as Torch 4 aim - you can use it point-blank and it will still miss the target half of the time.

I think that GS 5 will be good with GS 2 instant damage the combo will be fast and simple not like now you 5 then you spin 7 times and dont hit anything bc ppl dodge

@Diviora.9548 said:

@"Obtena.7952" said:This request doesn't really make sense ... outdated ... like how? Somehow what GS does doesn't work right anymore? I don't see it.

So you think core medi guard with GS work ? everyone can kite you and outheal your damage if it works why almost no one plays core medi guard in plat 2 and why its not meta if GS "work" ?

Let me flip that back on you ... GS doesn't work because people know how to play in PVP? OTHER melee weapons DON'T get kited in PVP?

No, don't be wrong here ... there isn't something wrong with GS because you get kited and people heal your damage in PVP .. that's literally ABSURD.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:This request doesn't really make sense ... outdated ... like how? Somehow what GS does doesn't work right anymore? I don't see it.

Let me flip that back on you ... GS doesn't work because people know how to play in PVP? OTHER melee weapons DON'T get kited in PVP?

No, don't be wrong here ... there isn't something wrong with GS because you get kited and people heal your damage in PVP .. that's literally ABSURD.

Do you even play pvp ? and do you play with core guard with GS ?

How about increase movement speed of Guardian while whirling (GS2),ORapply Cripple effect (2sec, AOE 300rad or so) at the very start of whirling (GS2).It will slightly improve DPS projection - which is the main problem here.Yes, your foe can predict skill activation, and dodging can decrease damage received but only at a certain degree.P.S.: don't touch projectiles of GS2! They provide some help vs Mesmer's clones.

@Diviora.9548 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:This request doesn't really make sense ... outdated ... like how? Somehow what GS does doesn't work right anymore? I don't see it.

Yes and Yes I have. That doesn't change the fact the idea that Anet need to change weapon skills because people can dodge and heal them is completely absurd.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Yes and Yes I have. That doesn't change the fact the idea that Anet need to change weapon skills because people can dodge and heal them is completely absurd.

Gs second spell is all the burst core guard have so if everyone can dodge and heal whats the point to take GS orher specs can spam damage Gs guard cant and no you are not plat atleast with core guard if you was you will know how predictable Gs spells are Gs 2 can be dodge or just pop any def and your burst if gone Gs 3 is good Gs 4 is trash who in his mind will stay in it when you use Gs 4 no one Gs 5 is good YOU are not core guard plat player pls dont type here anymore i dont want to argue with person who have the need to have opinion on everything and argue for the sake of argue just dont and again if GS work we are gona see core guards left and right in plat 2 and above but we dont even if Anet buff guards and Gs 2 do more damage will suck again to use it its not good spell hf :)