Koda's Warmth Enrichment

Hello, forums. I am back for the sake of further controversy. Sharpen your pitchforks; light your torches, and we can begin.I would ask that you refer to the first image attached here. I would also ask that you take a moment to read over it, as it is effectively the entire context behind this post.Reference_1.png

To those wishing to indulge in the images I posted within this ticket, they are ordered similarly as follows:1: gw2-kodans-warmth-enrichment-3.jpg2: Example_Charr_1.png3: Example_Charr_2.png

TLDR: I asked for a fix to a visual bug through the ticket system, using its sub-topics that refer directly to bug fixes. Perhaps I was ignorant in such an assessment, though it seemed correct.

I will create a brief synopsis for the sake of thorough analysis. Perhaps it is a well known fact to many, but it escaped my notice until recently: the Koda's Warmth Enrichment shown above in Dulfy's example is bugged on the Charr, and from what I have heard Norn models struggle with it, as well. The effect is dampened to the point of being barely noticeable by the larger models of the game. It is a moderately expensive and potentially time consuming achievement, and has existed for well over two years at this stage. Finding it unacceptable such a bug could exist for so long, I made a ticket rather than a forum post, due to having found similar claims on the forums that have somehow gone unnoticed.

However, GM Organic Overlord kindly took the time to review the issue, and directed me here. I have no qualms with a GM doing his or her job, and I appreciate the time they spent.With that said, I have a rather blatant issue with the way these issues are handled by ANet's guidelines. Consider this my critical feedback.

As shown in the images above, this is a blatant bug, with a relatively simple fix to my knowledge; I don't believe to be mistaken on the matter. This is objectively something that needs fixed - there is no discussion. You could argue there are more important things to work on within the game, and you would be correct, but with such a large group of people working within ANet's company, could a few not have been allocated to something so small? This affects some players; not all. It would almost certainly have been fixed if the bug existed for all races, would it not?

I am scrupulous; I appreciate detail, especially small ones, and I believe this to be a common trait many Guild Wars 2 players share. So at this point I will reach out to the Development Team once again on behalf of all Charr and Norn disappointed in this failing. Please, provide us with reasoning behind the long standing bug, or better yet fix it.

Perhaps it is a harsh analogy, and more difficult to justify online, but if a product is sold to many people and there is an issue with some of those shipped, it must be fixed or refunded by legality. This circumstance is not the same, but can be compared accordingly.

I for one would like to express my disappointment in this entire situation, but it is never too late to fix that which is broken. Mistakes never need to have a negative impact if they are fixed, and ANet have that luxury considering the live aspects of this game; it is not a piece of art, or a movie, where the framed final product is conventionally absolute. But when mistakes are effectively swept under a carpet, they can have a more negative impact over time.