world boss - multi mapping advantage is not fair for all players!!

I find it absolutely ridiculous in this day and age in gaming that people are allowed to take advantage of these loop holes..Some people can get 5 boxes from a boss.

• You have a huge advantage if you have a fast PC, that has fast load screen times... even a SSD gives a massive advantage... - IS THIS FAIR?
  • It is a dexterity competition, fastest clicker gets into he new map.... IS THIS FAIR?

SOLUTIONimplement code: "you can not kill same boss within 10mins"

FIXED!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Blocki.4931 said:That's not a loophole because they join a different map and participate in killing the boss. Why is it unfair to players? Everybody can do it.

Was what I wrote not clear enough? If you have a fast PC / a SSD you can swap maps quick and loot multiple bossses.....It is a loop hole, Auric Basin was changed because it was not intentional, a over sight, it was never a design of the game.

I agree that it should be one reward per boss, but the opportunity is there for all. And after this week's event, will it matter enough to make a change.

Now what is not fair is that I can't enjoy crunchy peanut butter. I think everyone should be allergic to nuts! (in other words...the world isn't fair, so get used to it)

@finkle.9513 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:That's not a loophole because they join a different map and participate in killing the boss. Why is it unfair to players? Everybody can do it.

Was what I wrote not clear enough? If you have a fast PC / a SSD you can swap maps quick and loot multiple bossses.....It is a loop hole, Auric Basin was changed because it was not intentional, a over sight, it was never a design of the game.

It's not a loophole because there is no cap on how many of the extra boxes you can get per day, there's no limit on the number of special drops you get, unlike the regular chests that are limited to one per day.

@DeanBB.4268 said:I agree that it should be one reward per boss, but the opportunity is there for all. And after this week's event, will it matter enough to make a change.

Now what is not fair is that I can't enjoy crunchy peanut butter. I think everyone should be allergic to nuts! (in other words...the world isn't fair, so get used to it)

That not really a comparable argument is it pal!we all paid the same price to play the game, it should be more rewarding in terms of more reward for less effort, because you can afford a top end pc, thats able to swap maps with minimal load times...

@Zaklex.6308 said:

It's not a loophole because there is no cap on how many of the extra boxes you can get per day, there's no limit on the number of special drops you get, unlike the regular chests that are limited to one per day.

It is a loop hole that allows killing the same boss over and over within a time frame... go ask a developer if this was a game design feature!I refer again to Auric Basin, which had the multi map fixed.

@"finkle.9513" said:I find it absolutely ridiculous in this day and age in gaming that people are allowed to take advantage of these loop holes..Some people can get 5 boxes from a boss.

• You have a huge advantage if you have a fast PC, that has fast load screen times... even a SSD gives a massive advantage... - IS THIS FAIR?
  • It is a dexterity competition, fastest clicker gets into he new map.... IS THIS FAIR?

FIXED!

Not a loophole if Anet specifically said it was okay.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"finkle.9513" said:I find it absolutely ridiculous in this day and age in gaming that people are allowed to take advantage of these loop holes..Some people can get 5 boxes from a boss.

FIXED!

link ?

@finkle.9513 said:

It is a loop hole that allows killing the same boss over and over within a time frame... go ask a developer if this was a game design feature!I refer again to Auric Basin, which had the multi map fixed.

Auric Basin can be done every single day you play, this event lasts for 7 days...not only that, but you've been able to multi-map World Bosses for as long as multi-map has been around...obviously part of the design then, wouldn't you say?

@finkle.9513 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:I dont see how this is unfair?And also like the first reply said, 2 x 0 is still zero. And that's what you will get this event.

good top end pc = fast loadsold slow pc = no loads

fast loads - 5 boxs per bossslow loads - 1 box per boss

rich get richer... simply not fair!

Oh good heavens, really, we're bringing class warfare into this???

You best git gud at earning then kid, so you can get an SSD and multi loot too.

Earth needs a new plague...seriously.

Why do you all take it personally?Do you need to be making personal comments?

Have I said that I do not multimap?Have I said that I do not have a decent pc?Have I said I dont have a SDD?

I do have the ability see the lack of equality, to have empathy

@finkle.9513 said:

@finkle.9513 said:I find it absolutely ridiculous in this day and age in gaming that people are allowed to take advantage of these loop holes..Some people can get 5 boxes from a boss.

FIXED!

link ?

I had originally asked about it because it felt like it paralleled ML but it doesn’t.

See below

@Chris Cleary.8017 said:

@Chris Cleary.8017 said:Since there's a mismatch between all of the encounters listed on the Wiki as "World Boss" and what has additional rewards during this event, here's the list of what has additional rewards this time around:

Shadow BehemothFire ElementalSvanir Shaman ChiefJungle Wurm (Caledon Forest)Modniir Ulgoth

Taidha CovingtonMegadestroyerGolem Mark IIShattererClaw of JormagKarka Queen

Tequatl the SunlessEvolved Jungle Wurm (Bloodtide Coast)

Any plans to resolve the ability to multi-loot bosses like people used to do with AB?

The event is designed so that you can kill as many bosses as you want for as many bonus boxes as you want. Calling it "multi-loot" is a misunderstanding of what the "multi-loot" bug was. This requires (if it doesn't we will fix it) that you have participated and are present for the finalization of the boss event to get bonus loot.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/908978#Comment_908978

So there’s your official post that it’s perfectly acceptable.

@finkle.9513 said:

@DeanBB.4268 said:I agree that it should be one reward per boss, but the opportunity is there for all. And after this week's event, will it matter enough to make a change.

That not really a comparable argument is it pal!we all paid the same price to play the game, it should be more rewarding in terms of more reward for less effort, because you can afford a top end pc, thats able to swap maps with minimal load times...

The amount you spend on your computer is part of the cost to play the game, given without one you can't play the game even if you bought the game; this also applies to internet, not everyone has the same quality for their connection, and even location impacts things.Being jealous because people can either afford to spend more, or know how to budget seems silly. By the way, SSDs are extremely cheap, less than what a game costs now a days.

In order to receive loot (and this week's bonus box) from a boss, you need to participate in killing that boss. A reward for every kill. Everyone can switch instances and kill the same boss 50 times or they can kill 50 separate bosses by following the boss timers and/or occasionally getting the same boss by using an LFG squad. This event is incredibly versatile while still requiring participation.

There is no exploit. This is no more unfair than walking versus using a mount/waypoint to reach an objective. You are still killing five bosses to get get five boxes, regardless of whether it's the same boss or a different one.