Some QoL Items Should Always Be Available!

I've recently had some friends come back to the game only to be totally frustrated that some important QoL items are not always available and it's hard to convince them to stick around until they're lucky enough to see them in the rotation again. I know not all things need to be there but items like the Runecrafter's and other Salvage-o-Matic tools, permanent passes and likely more should always be made available especially if you want to keep attracting new players or returning players. I'm sure there are many more items players would like to see permanently in the BLTP that i haven't mentioned.

I don't really see how the lack of a Copper-Fed in the game store is likely to lead to droves of people losing interest in the game. One hardly needs convenience unless one is already sticking around, in which case, the items will appear in the store before then.

I'm not against the idea of asking ANet to stop rotating a small number of popular options. I don't think that needs to be limited to appealing to new players or items of convenience.

I agree that the copper o matic should be available at all times, but like the poster above me I honestly don’t know why it’s unavailability would lead to players leaving, ESPECIALLY now that we have the unidentified gear system all across the game.

With the change in sigils and runes, the runecrafter's salvae-o-matic becomes a fairly necessary tool considering how much it takes to craft new ones. How do you justify making a major change in the game without always having the best option for overcoming that change always available for sale?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:How did the game get, or retain, players before the advent of Salvage-O-Matics?

Back in my day we had to walk 5 miles in the snow, up hill both ways, if we wanted to salvage items. And we were grateful to have the opportunity! Kids today with their salvage-o-matrixes and scroll-portals and their hippity hoppity music, don't know how good they've got it....

Seriously though, it's not like the game is unplayable without these things. I still don't have an infinite salvage kit (although mystic kits help a lot, since they take 10 times as long to run out), and there are alternatives to portal scrolls, mainly using the PvP Lobby or accepting the waypoint cost. I can't imagine they make such a big difference that anyone would find the game unplayable without them, especially new people who haven't had an opportunity to get used to having them.

@Vlad Morbius.1759 said:With the change in sigils and runes, the runecrafter's salvae-o-matic becomes a fairly necessary tool considering how much it takes to craft new ones. How do you justify making a major change in the game without always having the best option for overcoming that change always available for sale?

But, the Runecrafter Salvage-O-Matic doesn't extract Runes; it merely salvages them. Giving one the materials to craft Runes.Thus, the name: Rune crafter

@Vlad Morbius.1759 said:With the change in sigils and runes, the runecrafter's salvae-o-matic becomes a fairly necessary tool considering how much it takes to craft new ones. How do you justify making a major change in the game without always having the best option for overcoming that change always available for sale?

But if that really a big issue for new players? There's no point buying or crafting runes at all until you get to level 80 because you'll be out levelling your equipment regularly (although minor runes are still very cheap) and unless you want to immediately get into Fractals, Raids and WvW as soon as you reach level 80 you probably only need 1 set of runes then, so it will almost certainly be cheaper (or not much more expensive) to buy them rather than crafting them.

I'm not opposed to the runecrafter's salvage kit being available all the time, but I can't imagine anyone is seriously telling potential new players to avoid the game until it's on sale, and if new players are deciding for themselves they cannot play without it that's a misunderstanding to be corrected, not a reason for them to leave.

I could see the point with permanent passes is that if you are playing with some friends, it might be nice for everyone to end up in the same lounge/whatever. And if the pass is not available, it becomes "I'm using my pass to go to X, where as I guess you guys are heading to LA" or the like.

the copper fed is full time now days, every time i look at the gem store its there. as for the silver and rune i say keep them rare you can buy master selvage kits that work the same as the silver and you can buy black lion kits 24/7 that work better then the rune selvage o-matic.gathering tools i'm of the mind set that the effect-less ones should be 24/7 and the ones with effects should rotate and be very rare.the passes to all the little places all over the world i feel should not even be in the game. they kept saying they wanted to make the cities feel full and lively yet they keep making these small locked off sections .

@"Solvar.7953" said:I could see the point with permanent passes is that if you are playing with some friends, it might be nice for everyone to end up in the same lounge/whatever. And if the pass is not available, it becomes "I'm using my pass to go to X, where as I guess you guys are heading to LA" or the like.

IMO it should be "I wish I could use my pass to take us to X, but let's head to LA". If you're playing with other people it's basic courtesy that you don't teleport off somewhere they can't go. Kind of like how in real life I walk faster than most people I know, but if I'm walking with them I don't dash off and leave them behind, I slow down to match them so we can walk together.