[Video | WvW] Ancient Echo: Core Revenant Roaming | Shiro/Ventari

Za Shaloc.3908

Hi all! I recently got a laptop that can actually handle recording, so decided I'd show some fun off-meta roaming with Shiro & Ventari. It's nothing serious and by no means a fantastic build, but enjoyable nonetheless and more viable than I had anticipated. The new Salvation traits & Ancient Echo are fantastic additions to the build. Some of the fights are meh, but I had to take what I could get. Build is in the video description.

@Justine.6351 said:you spelled Fantastc wrong twice.

Am I missing a reference? Regardless, thank you for pointing out my repetitive use of words, lol. I should invest in a Thesaurus.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Great Vid!Very unique build as usual :)

P.S. Your name reminds me of a dinosaur

Thank you Eremite! Much appreciated <3. Haven't seen you roaming in ages.

@Clownmug.8357 said:Nice video, that's some ridiculously good energy management! I just lose all awareness whenever I've used Charged MIsts outside of PvE, and using Ventari on top of that takes some real skill.

Thanks a bunch! It is extremely easy to proc Charged Mists when swapping out of Ventari since you can drain all your energy with the elite. It is a really nice synergy it has. I would say Shiro is the second easiest legend to do this with since Impossible Odds is instant cast and expensive. I really enjoy playing the Charged Mists minigame, lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, You impress me with this build. I might pick up something similar as I do love ventari and Shiro both; I've been messing with theory-crafting since I grew tired of Power herald and have been exploring my main more than ever before. Thank you for showing me how viable this could be; Means I have more tools to play with than before which makes me a happy camper.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:Wow, You impress me with this build. I might pick up something similar as I do love ventari and Shiro both; I've been messing with theory-crafting since I grew tired of Power herald and have been exploring my main more than ever before. Thank you for showing me how viable this could be; Means I have more tools to play with than before which makes me a happy camper.

I am glad you enjoyed the video and if you do try out the build, I hope you have success with it. I can have decent success with it in solo roaming settings, but just about anything can, so my intentions are not to delude you to thinking it is as viable as say a power Herald. Still though, it is a fun change of pace for somebody looking for something different, and not as bad or underperforming as I expected it to be. Luckily sword still hits hard with it, especially with easy access to 25 might. The traits have really nice synergy and Firework runes are a perfect addition to the build.

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:I got some firework runes as part of my really bad way to get boon duration for my diviner's build, they always seemed promising for something more though. That build looks awesome, love that guy around 8 minutes who peels off into your trap and runs away way too late!

Thanks for the comment! Nice to hear you enjoyed the build. Honestly Firework runes are so good for non-Herald Revenant builds. Not having to take Rapid Flow for swiftness means I can take Incensed Response, which itself has synergy with the runes. It also works nicely with Salvation since core is a bit more limited on its boon access. And yes, fishing for squirrels is one of my favorite things to do lol. Just gotta wait for that one to take the bait :).

Hey @"Pterikdactyl.7630" thank for trying out stuff, and explaining. I recently switched to Rev cause I've always loved the class, but I was dumb enough to not train in what I really liked and instead decided to play protection Holo (which for me is an easy face tank spec). I wanna play Rev, I mostly do WvW solo roaming. My question is which build should I start with? Which one is less error forgiving? And which one is more fun to play?a) Your power core build this oneb) Your hibrid herald build this onec) Any other build you might have hidden somewhered) or the Sustain Shiro Roamer metabbatle build this one

I want to learn Rev right, but I do not want to be killed every single time I get out, which does not happen, I'm not struggling with Rev at this moment, but I just got a regular marauder gear, strenght runes, and zerker trinkets.Thanks!

Edit1: added a 'not' that I missed

@Dano.2408 said:Hey @"Pterikdactyl.7630" thank for trying out stuff, and explaining. I recently switched to Rev cause I've always loved the class, but I was dumb enough to not train in what I really liked and instead decided to play protection Holo (which for me is an easy face tank spec). I wanna play Rev, I mostly do WvW solo roaming. My question is which build should I start with? Which one is less error forgiving? And which one is more fun to play?a) Your power core build this oneb) Your hibrid herald build this onec) Any other build you might have hidden somewhered) or the Sustain Shiro Roamer metabbatle build this one

I want to learn Rev right, but I do not want to be killed every single time I get out, which does not happen, I'm not struggling with Rev at this moment, but I just got a regular marauder gear, strenght runes, and zerker trinkets.Thanks!

Edit1: added a 'not' that I missed

Hey there!

Glad you are having success with Rev! Personally I would not recommend this Ventari/Shiro build over the meta roaming build. It is not that it is terrible, it is just that it is mostly a meme build meant for fun to try to push the limits of Ventari. While you can still do quite respectable damage on the build, I found it often wasn't enough to kill competent players on specs like Holo. At best it would be a stall, at worst they would win, assuming a similar skill level. Part of the reason I played around this build is because of the disgusting amount of Sic Em Soulbeasts I was running into everywhere. It felt good to be able to deny them their burst with the bubble. The build isnt very hard to play because you have a lot of resustain and energy, so you can use your legend skills more aggressively, which is quite fun really and a nice change of pace. You can throw out a ton of Jade Winds.

Back to your question, I would say the build you are running is probably the best. I have also seen some solid Rev roamers have good success swapping Deva or Invo for Salvation because of how much sustain it offers (siphons from Deva will proc the Salv GM, for example) , so you can always play around with the. Retri is nice too. I like to sneak some Diviner's into there too for that sweet BD.

With that said, I would say that the hybrid Glint/Shiro build is easier to play. Whereas you can get carried hard by meta roamer Herald's damage, the sustain of the hybrid build can carry hard as well. Like I said in another post, I find it better for outnumbered fights because it has better AoE pressure and sustain. It is also pretty forgiving. Cele and Grieving both work nicely together, and shield helps you take advantage of the healing power. You don't apply nearly as much condi as a Mallyx/Corruption build, but the Tormenting Runes are still so nice because they proc Unyielding Spirit as well. I consider it to be a very strong duelist and while not top of the top, I have yet to feel like it has a haaaard counter. When I lose, I feel like I'm just getting outplayed.

Keep in mind that I am a pretty average player.