Any places to solo farm mobs for decent gold?

Hi. As in the title, I'm looking for any place on the map that offers a decent return in gold where I can just AoE farm mobs. One of my best memories of GW1 was AoE farming raptors in a cave near Rata Sum, and usually finding white dyes and other stuff to sell. I know it sounds boring. I like farming, but I don't like doing it tagging as many mobs as possible in a big zerg. So, if anyone can think of specific mobs in a certain area, or specific mats or drops to farm (solo), that offer a steady flow of gold through sellable drops, that would be much appreciated :)

GW2 has diminishing returns that kick in sometimes within minutes, theres no real "mob farm" except for those willing to bot for hour and hours over miniscule drops. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the centaur run in lake doric, buts thats generally something a zerg does (well unless they nerfed the mobs). All other farms are instances (fractals, dungeon runs etc), event based all over the place (silverwaste, world bosses, istan, bounties, just plain events, etc) or material gathering through the zones.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:GW2 has diminishing returns that kick in sometimes within minutes, theres no real "mob farm" except for those willing to bot for hour and hours over miniscule drops. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the centaur run in lake doric, buts thats generally something a zerg does (well unless they nerfed the mobs). All other farms are instances (fractals, dungeon runs etc), event based all over the place (silverwaste, world bosses, istan, bounties, just plain events, etc) or material gathering through the zones.

There are also the bitterfrost frontier icebound chests but to do that continuously requires multiple characters. Ideally one of those should be able to quickly and easily tackle the champs.

diminishing returns wont kick much in if you keep movin in a larger route. you can grind midlevel maps for t3/4 trophies. specific mobtypes always provide the same trophies so you can make a route based on what has a good value. for example if you want totems you can include jotuns, grawls and inquest in your route. i do that a bit when i want a new map completetion for legendaries/keys, usually on a deadeye with speed runes so i can basically run at high speed over the map while left and right everything in sight drops without needing to slow down.but i feel like i get more gold from a good gathering route with volatile magic tools.

The whole thing regarding loot and diminishing returns is a thing. Do not stick to one area, or they'll hit you real hard and your grind comes up empty. Split your efforts over several areas. I assume this is put in place to discourage AFK farmers (but please, still do report them), but the game rewards going places and discovery in greater effect. Some mobs have specific loot bags, some mobs have a specific "drop X" chance, but you won't get far if you're in one place for too long. I think the burn-off time is anywhere from 30m-1h absent from a zone.

TL;DR: Don't stick to one spot. Always have a few places in mind. Stagger your grinds and you won't be slapped by diminishing returns so much.

Silverwastes is a good place to farm. You say you don't like zerg rushes, and usually, Silverwastes isn't exactly a zerg rush. You'll run around the map liberating the four different forts and usually see only about six other players in the fort assisting at most.

Unless you hop on group finder and join a RIBA Silverwastes event train - then there will probably be more. Thing is, the rewards in this game don't really come from basic mob drops. They come from the loot chests that pop up on your screen automatically from completing events and the big areas full of sitting chests that you open after the meta events are completed successfully.