Core Engineer in Ranked PvP

PlennyD.1429

Overall, not bad. A lot of very narrow survives. You stood almost no chance against that deadeye (nor would you have stood against a soulbeast), and you definitely could not risk getting focused. Enemy warrior was a bit of a numpty and ignored you when he really shouldn't have. Surprised the enemy team didn't always focus you first.

I think that instead of rifle turret, you probably should've had Rocket boots, Elixir S, or FT kit. It didn't seem like rifle turret was doing much for you.

What amulet were you running?

Since you were using the med kit, you could've saved Streamlined Kits for it so you could use the magnetic aura to counter the deadeye. You didn't showcase your build so I have no idea what amulet, runes and traits you're running. From the looks of it, you're probably running Explosives for the grenade kit, alchemy for the med kit and tools for Streamlined Kits and the reduced toolbelt skills cooldown.

If you want, try out my core engineer build. I've been running this build for a very long time and even managed to reach platinum 2 with it in season 14. It sounds baffling for that to happen, but I can assure it that with the right amount of practice it works and it's very rewarding to play.

I'm using all three offensive trait lines, viper, traveler, doom, venom. I usually run power gadgets but felt like mixing it up again. About the magnetic aura i agree, that would have worked best, i had been testing out the goop damage and it is really strong with this build so that's why i was choosing that so often. The streamline kits wrench super speed is also really helpful. The reason some of the guys were overlooking me in that round is cause i can be annoying to fight, kinda like mesmers. There was a moment the deadeye had me frustrated if you couldn't tell but it's my own fault, i should have focused him down. I like the rifle turret, shorter cooldown, helps trip people up, it was hard at first to go gadget free. If i didn't use rifle turret then personal goat or mines, but then i'd wanna trait it and then no endo boost.