Video/Audio settings during world bosses and WvW squad fights.

Hello guys!

I am usually a big fan of great graphics, visual effects and good sound, and love massive WvW battles (usually 2-3 squads of 40+ people each) and world boss fights. However, during these "events" my FPS drop from stable 50-60 to low 10-20, while I have my video settings on max. I would like to ask if there is a way to increase the FPS by lowering some settings but without losing any noticeable visual effects?I have i7-4770k, overclocked to 4,6ghz, GTX 1080 and 16gb DDR3-2133 mhz RAM. Playing the game on 2560x1440 resolution.

Player model and count to low and lowest, respectively, and you should’t get much more FPS drops or lag during most large events. However, if you don’t have good internet connection, no graphical setting will help since your lag is probably from the connection between all those other players. I’m currently in another country and I definitely notice more lag (especially during large events) than when I’m in the US.

@crepuscular.9047 said:that's the dilemma in WvW, you want more player models to show up so you can properly see the enemy squad, but the bad fps force you to reduce character models

with player model turned down to lowest, feels like you get hit by an invisible truck in WvW at times

The thing is I am watching videos of WvW and World bosses / Meta events and in these videos players have great FPS. Now, I am not sure of their spec but I don't think my CPU and/or video card should perform so bad. After all my CPU is a little newer than the game and it was high-end 5 years ago. And my GPU is a lot newer :)

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"Yamazuki.6073" said:Player count+model, shadows, and reflections being set to low/medium and off is how I keep 30-60 fps for WvW and Metas while keeping everything else maxed.

When you have a chance can you screen me your settings? Thanks!

https://gyazo.com/9541ca081657b0499ec0fee38a3fe833There you go, I don't change them for WvW/Metas, in WvW I get constant 30 or 60 depending on whether the entire map is fighting in the same spot or not. Vsync is off even though I limit the fps to 60 due to Vsync randomly causing issues with capping the fps at 15/20 for no reason, and PoF maps cause my gpu temps to go 80+ when it starts rendering at 120 fps.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@crepuscular.9047 said:that's the dilemma in WvW, you want more player models to show up so you can properly see the enemy squad, but the bad fps force you to reduce character models

with player model turned down to lowest, feels like you get hit by an invisible truck in WvW at times

The thing is I am watching videos of WvW and World bosses / Meta events and in these videos players have great FPS. Now, I am not sure of their spec but I don't think my CPU and/or video card should perform so bad. After all my CPU is a little newer than the game and it was high-end 5 years ago. And my GPU is a lot newer :)

Your gpu is more than enough for gpu related settings to be max, but the issue is a larger portion is done by the cpu. So a newer cpu+ddr4 memory perform better, and it does make a big difference for games that utilize cpus just as much or more than it does the gpu.

Ok thanks !I will just drop some links here so I can look them later at home

Some random graphic optimisation guide on Youtube -

Random Nvidia settings optimization guide -
Settings explained + recommended settings - http://guildwarshub.com/optimized-performance-settings/Some more optimization settings - https://forums.ttsgamers.com/topic/3001-nvidia-graphics-tuning-and-performance-guide/