Yeah anet, why the f have sound and animation for herald heal but not for war defiant stance?

The Ace.9105

Anet you are so damn incredibly inconsistent with everything you do in life that i am wondering how you are still running a working business. How badly are you organized? Why does rev heal have sound effect and a blue light stuff that you can maybe somewhat see under scourge aoes, holographic stuff and 20 mesmer clones when it's activated but warriors defiant stance (which is better version of herald heal) has an aura effect that nobody has ever seen cause aura effects were nerfed to not exist in this plane of space and time and no sound effect indicating that it's activated? Anet, why is this the case? There's multiple same kind of things in this game which baffles me greatly if you have a working staff that gets paid money. What do they get paid for?

@The Ace.9105 said:Anet you are so kitten incredibly inconsistent with everything you do in life that i am wondering how you are still running a working business. How badly are you organized? Why does rev heal have sound effect and a blue light stuff that you can maybe somewhat see under scourge aoes, holographic stuff and 20 mesmer clones when it's activated but warriors defiant stance (which is better version of herald heal) has an aura effect that nobody has ever seen cause aura effects were nerfed to not exist in this plane of space and time and no sound effect indicating that it's activated? Anet, why is this the case? There's multiple same kind of things in this game which baffles me greatly if you have a working staff that gets paid money. What do they get paid for?

I dont understand your problem. Warrior heal is harder to notice. Thats what makes it diferent from herald right?

Defiant Stance is a core heal ability and exists since launch, Herald was launched with Heart of Thorns. If the former was made in (((current year))) it would be up to the same quality standard.

No need to get mad over this though. What the heck. Also if you can pay attention to a sound you can pay attention to a blue icon in their bar.

@"Blocki.4931" said:Defiant Stance is a core heal ability and exists since launch, Herald was launched with Heart of Thorns. If the former was made in (((current year))) it would be up to the same quality standard.

No need to get mad over this though. What the heck. Also if you can pay attention to a sound you can pay attention to a blue icon in their bar.

not really true

it's a general "tactic" in wvw to use boosters and banners to "bug" out the boon/buff bar. when it reaches a number greater then x, nothing after it will displayso goodluck finding that blue icon

It is very simple, you see green numbers on enemy warrior as you hit them? Weapon stow and wait 2-3 seconds. If you spam everything on them mindlessly, then the warrior deserves those nice sweet heals :)The heal has aura (on activation) and also has sound effect during its duration. It is hard to notice in bigger fights, obviously, but that applies for 99% other skills.

What about giving To The Limit proper voice line and reducing/removing aftercast on it, instead? :)

@Blocki.4931 said:Defiant Stance is a core heal ability and exists since launch, Herald was launched with Heart of Thorns. If the former was made in (((current year))) it would be up to the same quality standard.

Actually Defiant Stance was added in 2013, a full year and 4 months after GW2 release. Just saying that because we don't wanna spread misinformation is all.

That being said, it does need a more visual tell that isn't just watching the targets buff bar just so its up to par with other skills. Anet needs to do a lot of QoL changes in this game and I hope upcoming patches address them.

Question: "why the f have sound and animation for herald heal but not for war defiant stance?"Answer: There is a sound and animation for defiant stance; the stance has a sound and a visual aura that emanates when warrior has used defiant stance. You have no combat awareness and you need to L2P boy.

Get a warrior, use defiant stance 10 times until you memorize how it looks like and how it sounds. PROBLEM SOLVED!Oh, boy, oh boy, I love using this healing skill against noob spamming classes. They heal me for a good amount!Now go and rek warriors that use this useless healing skill in 1 vs 1.

As a warrior main, I should not be telling all this. Please forgive me warrior brothers, for I have betrayed you.

@"Hitman.5829" said:Question: "why the f have sound and animation for herald heal but not for war defiant stance?"Answer: There is a sound and animation for defiant stance; the stance has a sound and a visual aura that emanates when warrior has used defiant stance. You have no combat awareness and you need to L2P boy.

Get a warrior, use defiant stance 10 times until you memorize how it looks like and how it sounds. PROBLEM SOLVED!Oh, boy, oh boy, I love using this healing skill against noob spamming classes. They heal me for a good amount!Now go and rek warriors that use this useless healing skill in 1 vs 1.

As a warrior main, I should not be telling all this. Please forgive me warrior brothers, for I have betrayed you.

Well if they stop attacking you then they are just giving you time to proc Adrenal Health or Might Makes Right if you have them traited. Also Defiant Stance is great versus condi pressure.

@"Hitman.5829" said:Question: "why the f have sound and animation for herald heal but not for war defiant stance?"Answer: There is a sound and animation for defiant stance; the stance has a sound and a visual aura that emanates when warrior has used defiant stance. You have no combat awareness and you need to L2P boy.

It is not that useless. It is 4 or 5 seconds of total immunity and some potential healing. You can still have adren health and might makes right to regen health.But I somehow agree it is better to use it in large battle scale.

It has a sound effect and a glowy aura.

Also, the reason it is considered a trash healing skill is because of the very, very low healing value at the start. If you take this, you absolutely need to take dammage to get healed; if not, you only have adrenal health or might makes might or literally nothing if you don't use these (which is basically suicide for a warrior to not use these).

Warriors don't really have insane amount of sustain as some people think they have. If you can't out-dammage the regeneration of a warrior, you'll need to learn to play more.

I love how you average players actually read what has been written instead of just reading the headline.

@The Ace.9105 said:

@"Hitman.5829" said:
Question:
"why the f have sound and animation for herald heal but not for war defiant stance?"
Answer:
There is a sound and animation for defiant stance; the stance has a sound and a visual aura that emanates when warrior has used defiant stance. You have no combat awareness and you need to L2P boy.

I love how you average players actually read what has been written instead of just reading the headline.

I love how below average players can't hear the sound effect they claim doesn't exist :pensive:

@Edge.8724 is right that the base healing is rather low, and only shines when you activate the skill before diving headfirst into a Zerg before bursting it, or if you are fighting another player with high amounts of condi.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@"Hitman.5829" said:
Question:
"why the f have sound and animation for herald heal but not for war defiant stance?"
Answer:
There is a sound and animation for defiant stance; the stance has a sound and a visual aura that emanates when warrior has used defiant stance. You have no combat awareness and you need to L2P boy.

I love how below average players can't hear the sound effect they claim doesn't exist :pensive:

Listen and look at herald heal vs warrior stance and then come back and be smart butt again.

@The Ace.9105 said:

@"Hitman.5829" said:
Question:
Answer:

Listen and look at herald heal vs warrior stance and then come back and be smart butt again.

Look people have set you straight. Learn other classes before going to the forum to QQ and be butthurt.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@"Hitman.5829" said:
Question:
Answer:

Look people have set you straight. Learn other classes before going to the forum to QQ and be kitten.

Most of the comments are good and then some of the comments are from ppl like you who think they are better than others.

@Blocki.4931 said:Defiant Stance is a core heal ability and exists since launch, Herald was launched with Heart of Thorns. If the former was made in (((current year))) it would be up to the same quality standard.

actually no, defiant stance does not exists since launch and was an later added heal ability