Home Instance Node Questions

Hey! I am just getting into the Home Instance game and had a few questions about the different nodes. For the Black Lion Chest nodes, is there a way to influence the drops? Does increased luck matter? And does anyone know when the BL Gardening Plot might return to the gemstore? I was able o get the Basic Node set last month, and the two BL Boards the other day. But I haven't seen the plot. Thanks!

You cannot affect drops in any way in home instance (including) magic find. The only change you can do is pick the kind of loot you want from the hunters board and the other one. Black garden plot has been twice in store at least since launch, it will return, just check regulary (it cost 1000 gem x2, in case you want to know).

Almost all home instance nodes have unique mechanics different to open world nodes.They won't produce bonus gatherings and their rare drops can't be affected by buffs.

All except the Black Lion Garden Plots. They may look like a node farm, but they are actually individual nodes.
And unlike all other home instance nodes, they work like open world nodes, are affected by buffs, and will produce bonus gatherings. You can get up to 4 gatherings from each one with a Glyph of Bounty in your harvesting tool, and since they are independent, you don't have to be careful to exhaust all bonus gatherings on each of them individually, unharvested bonus gatherings will not disappear after gathering each one once like with node farms.

As for the BL boards, I recommend getting the Blood package from the hunter's board since blood never drops in value, and the Bloodstone package from the maguuma board since the Bloodstone trinkets are the most useful as they can switch stats.

@"MithranArkanere.8957" said:As for the BL boards, I recommend getting the Blood package from the hunter's board since blood never drops in value,Historically, the totems have been the best value (based on wiki drop rates and TP prices).

and the Bloodstone package from the maguuma board since the Bloodstone trinkets are the most useful as they can switch stats.It really depends on the player. Blood rubies are easy for some to farm, while geodes and bandit crests are a chore to others.

Personally, I don't recommend getting either package except for those players who can logon daily, and only play 3-4 months for more than a few hours. For the daily player, it's easy enough to accumulate mats and currency if you spend cautiously. For the "weekly" player, getting fast daily bonuses can be worth the expense.

I used to collect nodes a long time ago but after reality sat in that i'd need a ridiculous amount of gold to get them all I stopped focusing on them for a long time.

A couple months back though I sold my first legendary weapon (Kudzu) as I had no real use for it and tbh I find most of the legendary skins to be ugly and not worth keeping anyway and blew most of the profit from that on the black lion chest nodes I didn't have which has really filled out my home instance ^^I'm only missing a few things now, mostly the gemstore stuff like the bounty board etc.

If you really want to fill up the home instance I'd advise making and selling one of the legendary weapons and using that gold to buy them all when they drop below or around 100g.

@"Etria.3642" said:Be aware that many nodes are less than 100g on the tp...100 statuettes can be traded for 100g(1 g apiece) so unless the node is over 100 it is not worth it to get them this way.

Good advice. You can see the values of each option on the wiki:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Statuette

Looking at "lowest sale prices," you can get 1.5g per BLS for converting 100 statuettes into an Ori node, or 2g each for converting 25 BLS into one of several finishers (the node is a more reliable conversion, as I am not sure how many people are willing to pay top coin for finishers).

Looking at "return on investment," based on a single account farming said nodes daily... it's a minimum of 2.5 years (iron node) and as many as over 100 years (omnom) to recoup the TP cost of the nodes, assuming current mat prices and using the "highest buy offer" price. It's even longer if you try to buy outright.