Returning player looking for content.

Hello Ive stopped playing GW2 about 2 years ago when PoF launched.I did not buy the expansion back then but i did a couple of days ago and i completed the story. (I also own HoT)My main focus was and is fractals, i made a new character and am working towards a full asc set then a Legendary.But I dont know what to do in the open world. (besides the events on GW temple website.)PoF zones are not very active... When events are up no one does them (zones CO DH DoV)I dont know how to get to the lower zones. Something to to with Living story ? Please explain that too.

Thanks in advance !

For PoF, the active parts are the living world maps for their metas during parts of the day. If you open your Hero Panel (H Default) and go to Story Journal, you'll see "Living World Season 4", these are the PoF related episodes, Season 3 is for HoT. Each episode takes you to a different map, and is free if you were around during their releases, or got it while they were free in the shop. Otherwise they're 200 gems each.

There sometimes are bounty trains (or Hero Points/MP) in lfg for main PoF, and sometimes a group for the meta on Domain of Vabi (Serpent's Ire). Most events are ignored due to low rewards, and people just focus on what gives rewards, or needed for some achievements.

I see much more people doing events during weekends. But most people tend to do just a few events they see "worth time" and bounties - simply because they have better reward. That's quite a boring experience must be, to just spend time in game doing the same kitten repeatedly, something I can't get. I normally just jump into any event which seems like an interesting fight, and have fun.

During the rest of the week it's quite hard to find somebody to do normal bosses (not bounties) and events. I even tried asking in chats, but that helps little. Even though people are present at the map, they just do.. whatever they do, and are not interested into going out of their way bashing things.

Your best chance thus is sticking to crowd doing bounties there. At any day at evening there is usually a few dudes at least which are doing them. Though it gets old pretty quickly, as there not that much variety in them.

If you want open world content with lots of activity, then perhaps following the wiki timers could be a good idea.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timersEvents on the clock have a much higher assistance rate than those that happen sporadically (except if the map is currently set for daily events, or is the meta for the LS map).With the main exception of serpent's ire (which doesn't has enough rewards to draw in players), night-time verdant brink (which usually is only done for beating the matriarch, the rest of the meta is frequently ignored), triple trouble (which requires much organization and thus rarely succeeds for adhoc groups), and desert highlands bounty hunting (which is usually done alone), all the events listed on the timer page are frequently done. It helps to arrive some 10 minutes before start to ensure you don't end up in an empty instance, though.

For the lower level stuff would suggest just exploring each zone. Some of the zones are a bit of a travel and work on the assumption that you followed the levels. Each has its own background and worth peering around to see what all is going on. Especially if you have a new character doing map completion is a good way to see everything. Can make life easier if have a mount but might fly past some of the stuff then. A lot depends what you enjoy doing but there a lot to see in all the zones.