Fix Elementalist Please

Auburner.6945

@"Ganathar.4956" said:I don't think that a damage focused magic class makes any sense at all. Isn't magic supposed to be only for melee tanks? :p

"What they lack in physical toughness, they make up for in versatility and the ability to inflict massive damage." and "Favors Range". Perhaps we have neither LULW

Fresh Air Weaver? DPS ranged roamer. Wayyyy more effective than people give it credit for.

Sw/F lightning rod also works pretty well.

I have also run viper (with 4 marshal pieces) Sw/D as a roamer and found it very effective.

You don’t have to go bunker to roam on ele.

@Exzen.2976 said:Fresh Air Weaver? DPS ranged roamer. Wayyyy more effective than people give it credit for.

I have also run viper (with 4 marshal pieces) Sw/D as a roamer and found it very effective.

I am speaking of effectiveness. What is Fresh Air compared to other classes that already run Berserk or Marauder by default and are still more competent. Lightning Rod is usless after Tempest Defence rework. Yeah, there are builds, but when comparing, there aren't.

Can’t say I agree. FA Weaver is easily as effective as the majority of the other classes that can run marauder/beserker, it’s just a little harder to play.

Lightning rod had a nerf with tempest defence, but it’s still pretty good. I’ve been trying out this week and it still works just fine.

fa/lightning rod roamer is as effective as reaper roamer, i.e. trash because as soon as you're outnumbered against any players that are not just there for pve dailies you're dead, unlike other real roaming classes/builds.

and i highly suggest OP to reconsider wanting any changes done to eles by the balance team because the only meaningful buff they can ever do is to not mention the class

@LazySummer.2568 said:fa/lightning rod roamer is as effective as reaper roamer, i.e. trash because as soon as you're outnumbered against any players that are not just there for pve dailies you're dead, unlike other real roaming classes/builds.

and i highly suggest OP to reconsider wanting any changes done to eles by the balance team because the only meaningful buff they can ever do is to not mention the class

We survived another nerf bat! I'm liking my build more and more everyday

Fix elementalist? Really you want ANet to put their hands on this class again?

FA, Lightning Rod, Condi weaver (heh), Avatar Sword, all are more or less viable. Its just not „meta roamer”, but also not as trashy while roaming alone as e.g. Reaper or Scourge. Not easiest class to be efficient on roaming, but still possible.

As I said, Ive seen ANet trying to „balance” ele many times and almost every time it ends up being only worse and worse. Id be more glad if they nerf others (like holo or SB) than try to buff ele

@Auburner.6945 said:So here is something to prove how weak ele's damage is.

Damage in this game works like this -> (Weapon Strength Power Skill Co-efficient)/Armor.

This means that as Ele is forced to build on all sides and have much higher Armor than most and still struggle to fit in the viability tier aka it destroys its damage.

An example of this would be (1000 2000 1)/1888 (base ele armor) vs (1000 2000 1)/2500+

The result would be as follows: 1060 damage vs 800, that's over 20% damage loss of the first value, which means that we already have a nerf on the damage as we put on toughness. Let alone that we don't just stack marauder with such Armor, but stack healing power and other stats that would make the damage even lower.

Quite impressive!

One of the core problem is how weak our cantrips are, and they are supposed to be our defense.Mist form might be alright althrough very costly as utility slot (I almost never use it, too long cooldown).Others have their use but they are lacking.Compare armor of earth with save yourselves. Same cooldown, break stuns. The former gives you a measly 6s prot and stab while the later gives you almost all boons for 10s, minus stability which is huge, but protection is almost as good.Lightning flash is nice but high cooldown for a short range teleport...Cleansing fire has almost no use since game release.

So we need some defensive stats to survive.

@Auburner.6945 said:

@Exzen.2976 said:Fresh Air Weaver? DPS ranged roamer. Wayyyy more effective than people give it credit for.

I am speaking of effectiveness. What is Fresh Air compared to other classes that already run Berserk or Marauder by default and are still more competent. Lightning Rod is usless after Tempest Defence rework. Yeah, there are builds, but when comparing, there aren't.

Lightning Rod isnt useless.... Using Lightning Rod in PvP lets you nuke people 100-0 from a certain combo.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Lightning Rod isnt useless.... Using Lightning Rod in PvP lets you nuke people 100-0 from a certain combo.

Well, it only procs if the enemy is disabled, that means that CC skills on their own are not enough, you require timing vs evades/Stab/immunity/etc. This makes it even harder to play it, given that the enemy can easily counter it with a button push on the counter-CC abilities. Also the build lacks Cleansing without cleansing sigil which is accompanied by air, energy or strength, and either sigil with cleansing will have a drawback as the other is needed as much. I am also speaking of effectiveness, like this build is not something you will run in ranked. And the idea of 100-0 is better achieved by Sword/D, Sword/F or Sc/F, so Lightning Rod is not really what's going to make a change, especially that FA and BttH are much higher damage theoretically and do not require burning the CC that will actually disable.

@Auburner.6945 said:

@"Exzen.2976" said:Fresh Air Weaver? DPS ranged roamer. Wayyyy more effective than people give it credit for.

Well, it only procs if the enemy is disabled, that means that CC skills on their own are not enough, you require timing vs evades/Stab/immunity/etc. This makes it even harder to play it, given that the enemy can easily counter it with a button push on the counter-CC abilities. Also the build lacks Cleansing without cleansing sigil which is accompanied by air, energy or strength, and either sigil with cleansing will have a drawback as the other is needed as much. I am also speaking of effectiveness, like this build is not something you will run in ranked. And the idea of 100-0 is better achieved by Sword/D, Sword/F or Sc/F, so Lightning Rod is not really what's going to make a change, especially that FA and BttH are much higher damage theoretically and do not require burning the CC that will actually disable.

The only timing you need is stab but you can strip stab by using static auras.After that static aura 》air overload 》detonate 》updraft 》Earthen Rush 》earthquake 》churning earth... Keep them locked down.

I run Fire/Air/Temp for ranked with lightning rod.Vid is prebuff. (Havent recorded or streamed in a while)Air overload to earthen rush will proc multiple times.Static aura and detonations will proc.

Fire has a trait that cleanses condi on aura application and 2 upon detonation combined with cleansing sigil is a lot of condi cleanse, more than most classes.You also have your water attunement to help cleanse and Water overload.

WvW solo (is roaming not when you are not in a premade team with voice communication or have people with you)

Not a strong meta. Ele right now feels more like B- there are no A or A+. No insta burst or condipalooza, just slow continuous wet noodle whacking fun. If your opponents have a bit of sustain you'd be whacking till the cow comes home. You have to keep rotations, dodging and backpedaling. No opponent will fight on point with you. We have weak CC and soft launches. Not very threatning on sword. Fresh air Weaver scepeter can abuse some solo classes, but useless if the opponent has protection regen or sustain.

I fought scepter weavers, they will run away and duel me for 15 -25 mins till I either walk away or they decide to run away. I believe anet killed ele pre hot ele is like a less tough version of an engi but does higher damage more healing and boon sustain to make up lower hp and condi spams. Now we have sustain but low damage. Even as Lightning rod weaver you will not out sustain any meta with zero healing power.

@Widmo.3186 said:Fix elementalist? Really you want ANet to put their hands on this class again?

FA, Lightning Rod, Condi weaver (heh), Avatar Sword, all are more or less viable. Its just not „meta roamer”, but also not as trashy while roaming alone as e.g. Reaper or Scourge. Not easiest class to be efficient on roaming, but still possible.

As I said, Ive seen ANet trying to „balance” ele many times and almost every time it ends up being only worse and worse. Id be more glad if they nerf others (like holo or SB) than try to buff ele

I mean, I want them to... kind of, but not... at the same time. I know last balance patches showed how there is a lack of vision, just like the 160 more healing (no comment), but there has to be changes. Like all classes now run Marauder and they are set to be on their viable/meta build... which clearly we don't. So yeah it's either others have to build Marshal/Cele/Soldier/etc. just like we do so that Healing Power/Toughness/Vitality/Concentration actually start to mean something on other classes that are not Ele or struggle as Ele, but I don't see that coming, so a buff is the only way, but I have already mentioned that at the top. It's a paradox state of what should actually be done.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

@Auburner.6945 said:So here is something to prove how weak ele's damage is.

Damage in this game works like this -> (Weapon Strength
Power
Skill Co-efficient)/Armor.

This means that as Ele is forced to build on all sides and have much higher Armor than most and still struggle to fit in the viability tier aka it destroys its damage.

An example of this would be (1000
1)/1888 (base ele armor) vs (1000
1)/2500+

The result would be as follows: 1060 damage vs 800, that's over 20% damage loss of the first value, which means that we already have a nerf on the damage as we put on toughness. Let alone that we don't just stack marauder with such Armor, but stack healing power and other stats that would make the damage even lower.

Quite impressive!

One of the core problem is how weak our cantrips are, and they are supposed to be our defense.Mist form might be alright althrough very costly as utility slot (I almost never use it, too long cooldown).Others have their use but they are lacking.Compare armor of earth with save yourselves. Same cooldown, break stuns. The former gives you a measly 6s prot and stab while the later gives you almost all boons for 10s, minus stability which is huge, but protection is almost as good.Lightning flash is nice but high cooldown for a short range teleport...Cleansing fire has almost no use since game release.

So we need some defensive stats to survive.

Yeah, I agree, the lack of built-in defense... actual built-in defense... so a trait line, or a mix of offense and defense on the gear is not enough. Also, weapon skills should be affected by trait lines, like for example, a SB can make all Survival skills cleanse 2 conditions on use, these types of traits we clearly lack, or don't have... also, the healing is low, making Healing Power a necessity.