Wow... Just wow.

narcx.3570

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@WraithOfStealth.1624 said:Not to kick rev mains in PvP while they're down, but the nerf to Roiling Mists in PvP is so stupid i couldn't stop laughing.

Srsly... If they want to increase trait diversity at the grandmaster level or whatever they should have paired this nerf with a real buff to Song of Mists. SoM could actually be a fun trait if they made it just a little stronger--it would have a lot of the old Equilibrium burst combo vibe to it.

Wait guys, maybe they compensated it with better sustain or...wait a second

Guess one class can have burst and stealth, invulnerability, close to unlimited ammount of windows to disengage and SUSTAIN on top of that while this one can't have even burst.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@narcx.3570 said:What a crazy world we live in when a patch hits and the only thing in it is a bunch of pvp/wvw REVENANT nerfs... Of all the classes to tone down.

Why not? Thief and mesmer have been pretty gutted for a while now, its your turn. At least you don't get hit with confusion with RA.

Yeah, that fix would be good except you know. I think it's 3rd time I see them fixing it lmao

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Lmao welcome to thief life every patch. Yet soulbeast and left untouched. Honestly this game woulda been better off everything was left as is at release and if the balance team never touched anything ever.

You apparently missed the first two years of Revenant’s Life where every patch was a nerf and most patches since then have rarely ever been direct buffs

@KelyNeli.4516 said:I feel bad for revenants playing in WvW.They have to flip over their entire builds because they losed 10% crit chance if im not mistaken.Now go there and throw away a ton of gold so you could get 100% crit again, this is the stupidiest change i ever seen... xDBut what if someone plays both PVE and PVP does he need a second gear set? ROTFL

The nerf to Roiling Mists applies only to PvP, not WvW or PvE.Nerfs to the duration of might stacks though apply to both PvP and WvW.

To be honest I like these nerfs. Though I love S/S Shiro I think people glued to it too much. This might take away some of the interest from Shiro and spread it on more legends since Power Herald isn't the only viable PvP build right now.I understand the disappointment and hatred - I just think this is a healthy change for the whole class.

Next on the list:

• Update Ancient Echo and make it useful
  • Fix Jalis' identity
  • Renegade
  • new core weapon
  • Shield
  • Every single trait in Devastation is due for an update since there are 3-4 that are used so..

@DonArkanio.6419 said:To be honest I like these nerfs. Though I love S/S Shiro I think people glued to it too much. This might take away some of the interest from Shiro and spread it on more legends since Power Herald isn't the only viable PvP build right now.I understand the disappointment and hatred - I just think this is a healthy change for the whole class.

Next on the list:

• Update Ancient Echo and make it useful
  • Fix Jalis' identity
  • Renegade
  • new core weapon
  • Shield
  • Every single trait in Devastation is due for an update since there are 3-4 that are used so..

This actually didn't do anything good for build diversity in pvp; if anything it only makes people double down on s/s Shiro even more now because the only way to really gain enough might to be useful is through Notoriety + Shiro + Incensed Response + Glint + Shared Empowerment (and maybe Draconic Echo). All condi builds that made use of Herald take a hit from this, and they already had limited ways to cap might as it was since taking Notoriety with condi isn't really viable and outside of Renegade/Herald (though not even really now with Herald) there isn't any good way to maintain high might as a condi build (blast finishers are not reliable and mace is meh in pvp). Jalis/mallyx/ventari don't provide any might directly and if you're subbing them in for Shiro or Glint you're losing access to our best might gain. Renegade can provide might, but it's not as good as Shiro/Glint.

If anything this proves one of the things that I've thought for awhile, which is that Corruption needs its own might gain trait on par in some way with Notoriety so that non-power builds don't get dunked on by nerfs targeted at power builds.

Or maybe, now Anet is moving way from "easy instant 25 stacks of might on your own".

For a long time now I've read in these forums that revenant is broken in regards to conditions: when the Meta is power, Revenant becomes top tier, if there are enough condition classes in the Meta, Revenant is useless.

This could be a good step towards reducing how strong the Revenant burst is. Now to only hope there's some buff to condition removal before the meta swings again :)

@WraithOfStealth.1624 said:Not to kick rev mains in PvP while they're down, but the nerf to Roiling Mists in PvP is so stupid i couldn't stop laughing.

Seriously, this grandmaster trait is now a joke ! Now it's only 10% more critical hit chance...Righteous Instincts was nerfed to 25%, which was still better than ours, and it provided might.Roiling Mist is now only providing 10% CHC and nothing more. I guess it is time to choose Charged Mist now...Yes yes, I can't compare 2 professions but still, the difference is so huge I can't stop from comparing.