Recharging Teleport to Friend: Misfire design choice?? - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Recharging Teleport to Friend: Misfire design choice??

13>

Comments

• Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lira.3459 said:
    OH it gets better, I used it last night then logged after 15 mins. I logged back on this morning and still had a 45 min timer on. Really no count down when not in game. What a waste of gems.

Each to their own. I have been loving this. Maybe because I almost never get ttf anyway so usually I have to make do without the option at all whatsoever. I felt deliciously spoiled when I was able to use it to make the timer on Matriarch yesterday. Actually, it probably IS because I never get them and so never use them. I only get perhaps 1 every 4 months or so? So when I DO get one it becomes a very precious resource, only to be used in a case of extreme need. Now, I essentially get one for each character, once an hour I play! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY DANCE

My black lion chests just always have other things in them. Dyes. Transmutation charges. Materials. And if now I start getting them, because isn't that how it works? Then I still have my once an hour, PLUS another for 'emergencies'. Granted, my daughter got it for me, but if I had realized how freeing it would be I would have gotten it for myself.

• Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 20, 2019

I posted this in the bug section, but thought everyone here might want to know about this buggy item.

Friend died while I was trying to teleport to him. The teleport did not take. The 1 hour cool-down started. I could not teleport to him when he was alive because I had a 1 hour cooldown. We tested this 3 times and same results. He also tested his, which provoked the same cool down.

Other misfires also caused the one-hour cool-down, even when the port is refused.

• Goettel.4389Goettel.4389 Member ✭✭✭✭

Guess there's a lot of confusion on how buffs/debuffs work in this game. I haven't seen anyone complain e.g. their birthday buff not ticking down when logged out.

• Minna.7895Minna.7895 Member ✭✭

I am okay with a CD of 1 hour , I am however not okay with it not ticking down while the character is logged out, because my mesmer only ports to friends to help out and then logs out again ...
    Idc if its a debuff... just call it and make it something else and let it run out while the char is offline pls.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 20, 2019

@Goettel.4389 said:
    Guess there's a lot of confusion on how buffs/debuffs work in this game. I haven't seen anyone complain e.g. their birthday buff not ticking down when logged out.

Check again how the thunderhead light buff and the bitterfrost elixir buff work again and come back to me bud.
    Edit
    There is a reason they changed the thunderhead buff from 30 mins to next reset.

• @Goettel.4389 said:

Nobody is confused about debuffs. As Linken mentioned there are actually debuffs that count down when not logged in and the choice to make this a debuff is completely arbitrary.
    You know you may personally be fine with it because you play this game a different way than others but for anyone uses a lot of characters this is pretty ridiculous as you very frequently won't have the item available when needed unless you afk for 1 hour after using it every time.
    Also the item description says "One-hour cooldown" which in fact is quite different from "Applies Teleport Recharging (1h) to the character that used it. This effect only counts down while playing that character!"

• Limodriver.4106Limodriver.4106 Member ✭✭✭

plz make personal bank, tradepost, and merchant have 1 hour CD and must be log in for timer to count down too, thx.

edited May 21, 2019

@Limodriver.4106 said:
    plz make personal bank, tradepost, and merchant have 1 hour CD and must be log in for timer to count down too, thx.

Dont forget the personal style contract and repair canister

• so if i stopped playing for a month the cd will still be there? reeks of bad design. wasted gems. pls fix

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

Young whippersnappers. Back in OUR day we had to wait a whole year, not just an hour. :)

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

• VDAC.2137VDAC.2137 Member ✭✭✭

Okay, I’ve changed my mind about this item! I thought it wasn’t worth it to me because of the times when I’ve used several within an hour to take part in a bounty or HP train, etc., but since this has come out, I’ve noticed how many times I’ve used the single use when this one would have worked as well — deciding to do a dungeon with a group only to discover the character you want to bring doesn’t have any WP on that map, joining maps for meta events, etc. Anyway, I finally bought one today and actually think it a good investment for altoholics like me. ;)

• 1h for active characters is kinda ok, i have no problem with that

if you use it with character that you rarely play or play like 15min per day, cooldown can be days,
    bcs no daily reset of cooldown,
    it would be nice to introduce daily reset or 12h reset to this item for inactive character.

lack of this option is very disappointing

• ScyeRynn.4218ScyeRynn.4218 Member ✭✭✭

One hour recharge is another anet failed, silly decision, but if it allows me to skip the cringy, drawn out, unskippable intros to missions to get to new maps its definitely worth buying.

@ScyeRynn.4218 said:
    One hour recharge is another anet failed, silly decision, but if it allows me to skip the cringy, drawn out, unskippable intros to missions to get to new maps its definitely worth buying.

Why not just buy portal scrolls and the ls 3 and 4 tome from map vendors to return to living story maps mate way cheaper then teleport to friend.

• @Linken.6345 said:

@ScyeRynn.4218 said:

Why not just buy portal scrolls and the ls 3 and 4 tome from map vendors to return to living story maps mate way cheaper then teleport to friend.

You assume I have multiple chars and that they have already reached the new maps as well as being on the same account. Too many assumptions.

• Goettel.4389Goettel.4389 Member ✭✭✭✭

My favorite gem-store buy this year.

• With the 1h cd I just go "ew, this again" when I see it on the gem store.
    The cd is stupid long to make it practical for most people.
    I'd consider paying 2k gems if the cd was 10-15 minutes, then I would at least know I can use it whenever I feel like it.

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm ok with it but I forget to use it even though it's in a shared slot right next to my consumable ones. I did a fast tele to someone today to swap out alts in Coddler's Cove and didn't even think of the recharging one.

• kratan.4619kratan.4619 Member ✭✭✭

Where are your friends going that you need to TP to friend over and over? The game is not that big.

• Yeah the cooldown should be 5 min max. that hour cd is bs and is ludicrously way too long and does not tempt me at all to purchase 1.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.