Oldgrimm.8521Oldgrimm.8521 Member ✭✭✭

I am envious of Exordium's special animations,
every attack and skills were changed in all GS wielding Classes

i do not care if GS does not fit thief archetype

i just want to be flashy

<1

Comments

• Jugglemonkey.8741Jugglemonkey.8741 Member ✭✭✭✭

Again, I'd rather we focus on fixing the stuff we have first.

Critical Kit, Deadeye.
    “If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.” - John Steinbeck

• Oldgrimm.8521Oldgrimm.8521 Member ✭✭✭

there is nothing to fix,

we are the epitome of balance

only a few more nerfs here and there, and thief is done

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Oldgrimm.8521 said:
    there is nothing to fix,

we are the epitome of balance

only a few more nerfs here and there, and thief is done

Lmao they are never done when it comes to thief nerfs even after they halt all support for the game the devs will pop in periodically to throw some random nerfs on thief for good measure lol

• Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭

No, thank you.

Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

• HyperLooser.2698HyperLooser.2698 Member ✭✭✭

It fits, Bandit Executionar already exists, so making up lore to fit thief and stuff is easy peasy.

• getalifeturd.8139getalifeturd.8139 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 15, 2019

Theoretically something like this from ESO could work out very nicely for thieves: https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Two-Handed+Skills

The Ultimate is the Elite skill of GW2 and Onslaught would be an amazing skill for thieves to kill tanks with because it ignores their damage mitigation which in this game is called Toughness.

1. Uppercut could be the autoattack ripped straight from their morphs with the 2nd hit increasing the damage of the next attack and the 3rd stunning the enemy.
    2. Critical Charge would work as a gap closer like Warrior's Bull's Charge except it deals more damage the more distance it travels.
    3. As for Brawler perhaps it could be adapted to GW2's barrier system from the scourge giving more barrier to the thief the more targets it hits.
    4. This is the juicy one because it's the Executioner skill of the weapon and deals huge extra damage to foes with less than 50% health.
    5. As for adapting Momentum to GW2 I guess it could grant some Might and Fury and maybe Stability.

Of course all of this is up to Arenanet to balance by initiative costs and its only a quick concept I came up with. I couldn't be bothered designing traits but if anybody wants to bother feel free. We may as well use our imagination and creativity to dream because thieves reality is pretty boring at the moment.

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

@Oldgrimm.8521 said:

i just want to be flashy

play ranger

yes, play ranger

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• TwiceDead.1963TwiceDead.1963 Member ✭✭✭

I'll pass.

@Kageseigi.2150 said:
    The only reason I'd really care about having a greatsword is to have access to Belinda's Greatsword skin

Come on, Anet... why not give the Thief a katana/ninjato skin? Even the kama skin you gave us is UPSIDE-DOWN!!!

Honestly, who is making these decisions??? They aren't difficult.

Yeah a simple katana styled skin for a sword will work nicely. This whole great sword ninja is a lol idea. I think too much watch bleach or some kitten.

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• VDAC.2137VDAC.2137 Member ✭✭✭

@Oldgrimm.8521 said:

i just want to be flashy

No thank you. I’ve seen some advocate for s samurai style elite spec for thief but that seems totally unfitting. Samurai are warriors. Guardian is also a possibility with the tenets of bushido as the virtues. If the next elite specs include another weapon access, I think it should be a one hand weapon or even unarmed strikes. I think that would be cool and keeping with the thief archetype.

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭

thief GS thread #79846519845123146874915

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

• Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭

@derd.6413 said:

While I get your point I'd still rather see "Thief GS" threads spammed all day every day rather then wake up one time and find out Thief got Focus/Warhorn/Torch for next Elite.

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

@Alatar.7364 said:

@derd.6413 said:

While I get your point I'd still rather see "Thief GS" threads spammed all day every day rather then wake up one time and find out Thief got Focus/Warhorn/Torch for next Elite.

i think that'd be lovely

@derd.6413 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

@derd.6413 said:

i think that'd be lovely

Saw that one coming

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

lets face it

anet devs are lazy to give us another one handed or off hand weapon, because they have to balance and make multiple "Dual Skills"

they dont have that kind of dev time,

so we just need to accept another 2 handed weapon, so Greatsword all the wayyyyyyyyyyy

• YuiRS.8129YuiRS.8129 Member ✭✭

@Oldgrimm.8521 said:
    lets face it

anet devs are lazy to give us another one handed or off hand weapon, because they have to balance and make multiple "Dual Skills"

so we just need to accept another 2 handed weapon, so Greatsword all the wayyyyyyyyyyy

They invented a Firebrand last expansion, so saying something like this isn't fair. That being said... we're just not getting another expansion ever. The game is in decline, they don't want to invest a whole bunch of resources in it anymore.

@YuiRS.8129 said:

@Oldgrimm.8521 said:
    lets face it

They invented a Firebrand last expansion, so saying something like this isn't fair. That being said... we're just not getting another expansion ever. The game is in decline, they don't want to invest a whole bunch of resources in it anymore.

last i checked the game was on the rise

• Jack Redline.5379Jack Redline.5379 Member ✭✭✭✭

Next exp is in water no Gs there :P

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

Is that an assumption or is it a fact? Or at least implied by the devs?
    I know most of us thought this could be true because of the lore but I don't think it was ever confirmed.

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

I know most of us thought this could be true because of the lore but I don't think it was ever confirmed.

no, the lore didn't imply anything either

edited May 16, 2019

@derd.6413 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

It did quite a big deal because of the Deep Sea Dragon before certain LW episodes.

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

@Alatar.7364 said:

@derd.6413 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

It did quite a big deal because of the Deep Sea Dragon before certain LW episodes.

what does that sentenced even mean?

Okay he was trying to be non forward due to spoilers but i cant simply recieve any more notes that i was mentioned here cuz of someone arguing about bs.
    Kralk fell to the ocean and we kiled him there if you remember correctly when you kill elder dragon its magic spreads out like and yes even tho Aurene eat almost all of it it as was mentioned before no dragon can absorb as much magic so part of it had to go somewhere. And since we are at ocean and water dragon is in ocean the magic outburst might awakened him like it did with Zaithan at very first episode. That is why I said it that is why he said it and that is why 50 ppl was disscussing it yesterday on Dragonfall map. I hope it was clear enough this time.

• Cobrakon.3108Cobrakon.3108 Member ✭✭✭

Why are you talking about a trash class? GS will only give you hype with no payout.

• RikGant.3405RikGant.3405 Member ✭✭

Gs thief works, look at assassins creed

• Taylan.2187Taylan.2187 Member ✭✭

Hard pass on Exordium. I hate all the flashy stuff in the game. Wish the overall graphic design was the opposite. My thief wields two Aurete Dirks and wears a brown freaking Studded Armor with no gauntlets or pauldrons.

Switched recently from Claws of the Desert and a full Sneakthief outfit. The plainer the better, LOL. Bonus: people think you're a noob so you can surprise them. Assuming they don't have standardized models turned on.

@Taylan.2187 said:
    Hard pass on Exordium. I hate all the flashy stuff in the game. Wish the overall graphic design was the opposite. My thief wields two Aurete Dirks and wears a brown freaking Studded Armor with no gauntlets or pauldrons.

Switched recently from Claws of the Desert and a full Sneakthief outfit. The plainer the better, LOL. Bonus: people think you're a noob so you can surprise them. Assuming they don't have standardized models turned on.

This is a Thief of culture. Thief isnt supposed to flash at you like a freshly waxed Lamborghini you are supposed to see a Thief on 2 occasions when you are dying as he stabbed you through out of nowhere or when you are paying him for doing it to some of your enemies.

• Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Alatar.7364 said:

@derd.6413 said:

Torch fit a lot better thief than GS thought. How do you expect a thief to do it's thieveries while wielding a huge shunk of metal. Torch is a lot better, you can use it's light to create shadows in which you can hide, use it's fire smoke as smoke field or simply burn the house you just rob.

edited May 20, 2019

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

@derd.6413 said:

Torch fit a lot better thief than GS thought. How do you expect a thief to do it's thieveries while wielding a huge shunk of metal. Torch is a lot better, you can use it's light to create shadows in which you can hide, use it's fire smoke as smoke field or simply burn the house you just rob.

This works both ways, how do you expect Thief to do its Thieveries when its revealing itself by bright flame and shedding light to places where there otherwise would be darkness and shadows =D

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

edited May 20, 2019

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

@derd.6413 said:

This works both ways, how do you expect Thief to do its Thieveries when its revealing itself by bright flame and shedding light to places where there otherwise would be darkness and shadows =D

you'd be surprised how hard it is to find something in a fire or with smoldering ashes in you eyes

• Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

@derd.6413 said:

"There is no shadow without light, the brighter the light the darker the shadow!"
    But all in all, it's just like what derd said, blinding your foe which is already close to be a thief specialty and e-spec tend to expand on specialties. Honnestly as much as i can picture a sneaky profession with a torch, I just can't picture it with a greatsword. What are the options? Bandit?

• MrForz.1953MrForz.1953 Member ✭✭✭

Surely there are other means to be flashy.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Pirate - Jade Quarry

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

@derd.6413 said:

"There is no shadow without light, the brighter the light the darker the shadow!"
    But all in all, it's just like what derd said, blinding your foe which is already close to be a thief specialty and e-spec tend to expand on specialties. Honnestly as much as i can picture a sneaky profession with a torch, I just can't picture it with a greatsword. What are the options? Bandit?

Option is for the Espec not to focus on sneakiness just as DD didn't.
    By saying I don't want Thief to have torch I meant that I don't want it, definitely didn't mean by it that its wrong that others want it. =D

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• DragonSlayer.1087DragonSlayer.1087 Member ✭✭✭

What’s next? Give thief a warhorn? so he can announce to everyone how weak he is. Oh wait, they already know.

• Lonewolf Kai.3682Lonewolf Kai.3682 Member ✭✭✭

I vote yes to the GS.

@Alatar.7364 said:

By saying I don't want Thief to have torch I meant that I don't want it, definitely didn't mean by it that its wrong that others want it. =D

why dont you want torch for thief :(

edited May 23, 2019

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

why dont you want torch for thief :(

It is just my preference. Just as others want Torch, I want GS.
    I got two reasons, one being that GS could finally be 1v1 or maybe even Teamfight weapon for Thief (not saying Torch couldn't, it is all about what dev comes up with, for me GS just sounds more like it).
    Second being that the new Lege GS might be the most beautiful lege in game and as it happens it fits my Character theme/look absolutely perfectly.
    But as I said, there is nothing wrong with wanting something else, this is just what I'd like. Anet originally advertised DD as Teamfighter and later as brawler, none of those came true so maybe it is time for simple 1v1 (since both Core and DE are not one as well).

PS: Yes I am one of those people who really want 1v1 thief.

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

@Alatar.7364 said:

I want 1v1 thief too but i would love to avoid FFXII happening to Thief right under my eyes if you catch my meaning xD

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

I want 1v1 thief too but i would love to avoid FFXII happening to Thief right under my eyes if you catch my meaning xD

Well ye at least I think I do, but Thief with Gs doesn't necessarily (or at all) means it has to happen. Devs just need not to do it that way =D

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

Well ye at least I think I do, but Thief with Gs doesn't necessarily (or at all) means it has to happen. Devs just need not to do it that way =D

Relying on Devs xD OOF! My goodness I am going to fetch my rabbit foot this will be hell of a ride xD

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

Relying on Devs xD OOF! My goodness I am going to fetch my rabbit foot this will be hell of a ride xD

Fetch two...

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• Zexanima.7851Zexanima.7851 Member ✭✭✭

I know this would never happen because they wont add new weapons but I would rather spear with a focus on poison and venoms. Oberyn Martell anyone? GS could be done I think but it would have to be really unique how they use it kind of like mesmer or revenant hammer. Chances are though our next spec will probably be some kind of weird support thing since DD is suppose to be our 'brawler/duelist' spec.

No longer playing the game due to PvP being abandon.

• Solori.6025Solori.6025 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:
    Thief's next weapon should be in line with the balance teams direction and vision of thief as a class. I think a pool noodle would be a fitting weapon choice.

Nah y'all gon get a focus. So you can focus on the fact the community hates you just because.

Tingle my stingleberry

Just take a picture of your ranger with it, stow pet, and lie to yourself saying "this is my thief".

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@Crab Fear.1624 said:
    Just take a picture of your ranger with it, stow pet, and lie to yourself saying "this is my thief".

I kitten you not I actually did that on more than one occasion.
    Never really worked for me anyway

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• Make a Ninja Elite specialisation that can allow you to use GS :)
    Ninja Elite specialisation allows thieves to create illusions :)

im dreaming of my Dante, DMC, Double pistols and a greatsword

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.