War Eternal spoilers - Kralkatorrik

Michram.6853

The Elder Dragons aren't bad guys, they have been tormented by the magics they got... Wow, that's what I always secretly wanted! Tormented by their own dragonhood... Child of my child... Woow.... Thanks Arenanet writers for such beautiful ending. Thank you...

Praise Kralkatorrik, Joko and the new Elder Dragon Aurene!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ugrakarma.9416 said:didnt played it yet, but i dont care about spoilers.. but is this? more humanization of elder dragons? i dont like that idea.

well, I realized he was different than any elder dragon, because he created a family. well turns out, he did it out of love and pure heart, tormented by his magic. It's something new of course, but Kralkatorrik SPOKE and gave Aurene that also speaks some hints, and only Aurene consumed his magic, because Kralkatorrik handed her over and passed on, because he saw that Aurene can control the magic.

And Glint was certain Kralk was terrified by his vision, but he wasn't. He said nothing terrifies an Elder Dragon, even Death. He also wanted the Legacy to be fulfilled.

@"Fenom.9457" said:Yeah, really liked how unique they made this fight and story overall. Aaaagh but NO hints at what's happening in season 5?! ahhh now we have to wait months!

We can hope we get a bit more of a regular hint as to what's going on, like over the last month.

I loved the different small boss battles representing the magics. So fun!

Though the boss itself is technically a "reskin" of a raid boss and I'm sure some people will be very mad about this. (Wtf Skyscale is just Griffon reskin I'm uninstalling yadayada)

Some interesting things I noticed, Kralkatorrik said "mother" when he died.. does that mean that elder dragons have a progenitor? Also what if his kinder side was brought out when the forgotten tried to cleanse him- it didn't work but it created this duality that we see between him and his torment. Just some things to think about. I think the next season will involve at least partly helping Zaeim with the whole stabilizing Elona situation.

@Arden.7480 said:The Elder Dragons aren't bad guys, they have been tormented by the magics they got... Wow, that's what I always secretly wanted! Tormented by their own dragonhood... Child of my child... Woow.... Thanks Arenanet writers for such beautiful ending. Thank you...

Praise Kralkatorrik, Joko and the new Elder Dragon Aurene!!!

IT was the magic that kept them made them seem evil but if they did not keep the balance the world would blow up but in the end their minds came to want to more magic till they started destroying and killing and taking more magic.

@"Eekasqueak.7850" said:Some interesting things I noticed, Kralkatorrik said "mother" when he died.. does that mean that elder dragons have a progenitor? Also what if his kinder side was brought out when the forgotten tried to cleanse him- it didn't work but it created this duality that we see between him and his torment. Just some things to think about. I think the next season will involve at least partly helping Zaeim with the whole stabilizing Elona situation.

And their is a risk of the charr legions falling to civil war, maybe turning against the human Kingdom of Kytra and what is left of Ascalon after all the threat of the elder dragons is gone now the charr race (not counting the charr who you fight with and see our characters as allies and heros for helping them.) may go to war again just caus they want to still conquer the world.

The ending was kinda anticlimatic but I can't complain about Kralkatorrik being "good" somewhat because he made a family while having to stick with his commitments as an elder dragon, I don't think he killed Glint on purpose but was ordered to do so and showed a false prophecy to Glint aswell so she could be determined to stop him.

Like Eekasqueak said, the fact that he said "mother" means that there is an entity above Elder Dragons that could have some influence on them all.

@"Eekasqueak.7850" said:Some interesting things I noticed, Kralkatorrik said "mother" when he died.. does that mean that elder dragons have a progenitor?

Unsurprisingly, the elder dragons are essentially just normal dragons which managed to grow to the point were people looked at them as some kind of forces of nature but that's about it.

@"Eekasqueak.7850" said:Also what if his kinder side was brought out when the forgotten tried to cleanse him- it didn't work

The question here would be "why didn't it work?", probably because the amount of magic corrupting him was to much for the forgotten to deal with. But the method itself still seems to work, it just needs to be scaled up some more.

Assuming that the other 3 elder dragons are also suffering from their own corruption cleansing them would probably be a way to "deal with them" without jeopardizing the word in the process. Joko said that killing them would be the wrong thing to do but you can't just let them rampage either so there you go.

@Tails.9372 said:

@"Eekasqueak.7850" said:Some interesting things I noticed, Kralkatorrik said "mother" when he died.. does that mean that elder dragons have a progenitor?

Unsurprisingly, the elder dragons are essentially just normal dragons which managed to grow to the point were people looked at them as some kind of forces of nature but that's about it.

@"Eekasqueak.7850" said:Also what if his kinder side was brought out when the forgotten tried to cleanse him- it didn't work

The question here would be "why didn't it work?", probably because the amount of magic corrupting him was to much for the forgotten to deal with. But the method itself still seems to work, it just needs to be scaled up some more.

Assuming that the other 3 elder dragons are also suffering from their own corruption cleansing them would probably be a way to "deal with them" without jeopardizing the word in the proces. Joko said that killing them would be the wrong thing to do but you can't just let them rampage either so there you go.

Think about it though, Kralkatorrik's the only known elder dragon to ever have childrens and wasn't so fond of murdering people unlike Zhaitan and Mordremoth so far (we're not sure about Primordus and Jormag but they did have emotions when they were afraid of Balthazar).

@"Amineo.8951" said:Think about it though, Kralkatorrik's the only known elder dragon to ever have childrens and wasn't so fond of murdering people unlike Zhaitan and Mordremoth so far (we're not sure about Primordus and Jormag but they did have emotions when they were afraid of Balthazar).

We don't know how "fond of murdering" they were if it weren't for their own corruption. Sure we don't know their true character either but dragons are intelligent creatures and it's reasonable to assume that they're not going to be overly hostile towards someone who just saved them from "immeasurable pain".

@"Eekasqueak.7850" said:Some interesting things I noticed, Kralkatorrik said "mother" when he died.. does that mean that elder dragons have a progenitor? Also what if his kinder side was brought out when the forgotten tried to cleanse him- it didn't work but it created this duality that we see between him and his torment. Just some things to think about. I think the next season will involve at least partly helping Zaeim with the whole stabilizing Elona situation.

This was right after he tossed out the otherwise unexplained "I only hope you never have to kill what you love," too. My takeaway is that we're supposed to see him as a much older and tireder Aurene, who was also forced to slay his progenitor and take her place after she went bad/mad/however they're presenting the destructive impulses now.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:didnt played it yet, but i dont care about spoilers.. but is this? more humanization of elder dragons? i dont like that idea.

It's a series of ravings in the form of some serious bad dialogue. The entire sequence referred to is so poor and bad, I am shocked any professional writer wrote any of it.

It neither worked or had any emotional impact, partly because the concept was out of place and partly because the dialogue itself was just that dire. It didn't help the fight around it was a mess of lights and sparkles which disguised pretty much everything going on. The entire sequence could have been cut and it would have been the better fot it

I'll prob be more diplomatic when I type up genuine feedback, but this was one of the worst episodes for story I have encountered in the LW so far. Great map though.

Oh another thing, did anyone else notice the hi tech looking city backdrop? During the finale when Aurene is ascending before shooting off into space.. Also the new Legendary great sword seems to be based on this ascended state. Despite not ending on a conventional cliffhanger this episode opened up a lot of questions- also will they start removing branded terrain with season 5?

@"Eekasqueak.7850" said:also will they start removing branded terrain with season 5?I doubt we will see a change on any existing maps since MMO maps are always "time locked" to the point of the story they were made for.

We may see a future map that is in branded territory now become "unbranded" as part of the thing to show Kralk's magic slowly vanishing.

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:

This was right after he tossed out the otherwise unexplained "I only hope you never have to kill what you love," too. My takeaway is that we're supposed to see him as a much older and tireder Aurene, who was also forced to slay his progenitor and take her place after she went bad/mad/however they're presenting the destructive impulses now.

That doesn't explain how he called her the first of her kind though.

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:Some interesting things I noticed, Kralkatorrik said "mother" when he died.. does that mean that elder dragons have a progenitor? Also what if his kinder side was brought out when the forgotten tried to cleanse him- it didn't work but it created this duality that we see between him and his torment. Just some things to think about. I think the next season will involve at least partly helping Zaeim with the whole stabilizing Elona situation.

That doesn't explain how he called her the first of her kind though.

Kralkatorrik is talking about how Aurene is the first potential Elder Dragon to have been able to bond with other beings in Tyria. Kralkatorrik most likely never had to do this. Both Kralk and Aurene were forced to destroy their progenitors but Aurene had bonded with the Commander when this happened whereas Kralkatorrik didn't have anyone. So Aurene is the first of the Elder Dragon kind to bond with the other living beings of Tyria.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@"Eekasqueak.7850" said:also will they start removing branded terrain with season 5?I doubt we will see a change on any existing maps since MMO maps are always "time locked" to the point of the story they were made for.

We may see a future map that is in branded territory now become "unbranded" as part of the thing to show Kralk's magic slowly vanishing.

They changed maps in season 1, I think they mentioned doing some more of that.