Condi rev wvw build?

Anput.4620

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my recommended foundational all-purpose Condi Herald build. You can tailor it for certain situations, but to me this is the most effective general layout:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApXmn3geNSuQvJRboHlsP0kS4I6SJ4EtrklTlJNgDeg9oomye92rH-jVw1AAw+DAA-w

As you can see, I did not post armor or weapon stats. Feel free to run trailblazer, dire, grieving, viper, carrion...there are a lot of options depending on how you want to build. Personally I mix dire, viper, and grieving but I'm sure this could be optimized better. Note that you will get a ton of torment duration from just Corruption and Tormenting Runes, so I'd recommend not going over the duration cap for it. I can't stress to you how insanely good Tormenting Runes are. They are not only a significant portion of your damage, but also of your sustain.

For sigils, I'd recommend Doom/Geomancy on mace/axe, and Energy/X on staff (I personally run Cleansing). Between this, Pulsating Pestilence, and Song of the Mists, you can get some lethal condi spikes on swap. Really, really good. The build is a ton of fun to play, but I don't play it as much ever since Scrappers got juiced up. Total invalidation of the build thanks to its broken cleanse/conversion numbers and synergy with Antitoxin Runes.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:This is my recommended foundational all-purpose Condi Herald build. You can tailor it for certain situations, but to me this is the most effective general layout:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApXmn3geNSuQvJRboHlsP0kS4I6SJ4EtrklTlJNgDeg9oomye92rH-jVw1AAw+DAA-w

As you can see, I did not post armor or weapon stats. Feel free to run trailblazer, dire, grieving, viper, carrion...there are a lot of options depending on how you want to build. Personally I mix dire, viper, and grieving but I'm sure this could be optimized better. Note that you will get a ton of torment duration from just Corruption and Tormenting Runes, so I'd recommend not going over the duration cap for it. I can't stress to you how insanely good Tormenting Runes are. They are not only a significant portion of your damage, but also of your sustain.

For sigils, I'd recommend Doom/Geomancy on mace/axe, and Energy/X on staff (I personally run Cleansing). Between this, Pulsating Pestilence, and Song of the Mists, you can get some lethal condi spikes on swap. Really, really good. The build is a ton of fun to play, but I don't play it as much ever since Scrappers got juiced up. Total invalidation of the build thanks to its broken cleanse/conversion numbers and synergy with Antitoxin Runes.

Why not Spirit Boon? Might is not particularly useful on that build compared it, same for not running Sword/Mace + Shield with Hardened Persistence instead of Staff, the condition cleanse on staff is unsafe and takes forever to cast when you have Crystal Hibernation as an option with just as much healing if not more from both of it's skills with blocks. CC on Herald is not as useful compared core.

Using Doom and Escape on with Shield set to keep yourself from transfering the wrong conditions back at the enemies.

Rising Momentum also confuses me, most of the time you'll have the Facet of Elements up and still there for 2 extra pulses after use, it's not like that build can exceed using Embrace the Darkness since it's so weak to CC. Core Value is a better choice to transfer more or extend resistance.

@Shao.7236 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:This is my recommended foundational all-purpose Condi Herald build. You can tailor it for certain situations, but to me this is the most effective general layout:

Why not Spirit Boon? Might is not particularly useful on that build compared it, same for not running Sword/Mace + Shield with Hardened Persistence instead of Staff, the condition cleanse on staff is unsafe and takes forever to cast when you have Crystal Hibernation as an option with just as much healing if not more from both of it's skills with blocks. CC on Herald is not as useful compared core.

Using Doom and Escape on with Shield set to keep yourself from transfering the wrong conditions back at the enemies.

Rising Momentum also confuses me, most of the time you'll have the Facet of Elements up and still there for 2 extra pulses after use, it's not like that build can exceed using Embrace the Darkness since it's so weak to CC. Core Value is a better choice to transfer more or extend resistance.

How is might not useful for the build? You profit from both the power and the condition damage bonuses from it. This is WvW he was asking about, so it is still at 5 stacks per proc of Incensed Response. With Draconic Echo, this will further your ability to sit at 25 stacks. It has huge value.

I'd rather run staff primarily because I can kite defensively with it, which I feel is essential to one's survival in WvW. In a duel? Sure I could see the argument for sword/shield, and I don't doubt that it could work, but I am too accustomed to staff and find skills 3/5 too good to pass up on. The 4 is whatever and not the deciding factor that I choose it for; I can land almost all my transfers from Pulsating Pestilence, have Cleansing Channel, and have the WvW/PvE version of Cleansing Sigil, which is at 3 conditions. I don't really struggle much vs. condition builds because of all of this.

Rising Momentum helps with both Mallyx and Glint, as it exceeds swiftness' speed (IIRC). Embrace the Darkness has greater appeal in WvW than it does in sPvP because it synergizes really nicely with Tormenting Runes, which provide a huge source of sustain, so I have more incentive to use it to take advantage of Rising Momentum. It does not serve the meta power Shiro build as well because Shiro's upkeep is Impossible Odds, which already hits the cap. I could see the argument for Core Value, but I personally find the movement speed to be more helpful as I am usually fighting outnumbered, where I find mobility to be of greater value. Does Sigil of Escape even exist outside of sPvP? Remember this is a WvW build he is asking for. Energy Sigil is OP in WvW, as is Cleansing Sigil, and I put them on staff because it is my defensive weapon whereas mace/axe is my offensive set, so I'd rather be able to continue the condi pressure while I can take advantage of the cover condis and increased pressure of Doom/Geomancy.

Edit: Per GW2Wiki, RM doesn't stack with swiftness if I am interpreting it correctly, so I see your argument for Core Value.

Yeaaaah sorry, I am way too sunk into PvP haha.

That was at least how I played Glint/Mallyx, the reason why I see no use in Might though is because you get so much when you counter pressure with F2 on Mallyx which is when it's the most important (Also Incensed Response nerf in PvP holy.), the extra sustain on Spirit Boon just feels more appropriate to me since you are so vulnerable with these 2 legends.

I ran Deadshot (Or Sage/Wizard if on Lord map) Smoldering and Confusion/Energy on Mace/Axe because Misery doesn't work in PvP while my Rune would be Speed for the kitting potential along Unyielding Anguish and Swiftness uptime. I would rarely use Embrace the Darkness without Charged Mists too, but Song of the Mists is also good to do with Frigid Blitz, lots of slow or a burst of torment and burn.

I believe the wiki is wrong about rising momentum, it definitely stacks with swiftness and is easily tested and verified. The thing is out of combat movement speed cap is reached with only a 40% boost so only a little higher than swiftness alone. But in combat you need a 100% boost to reach the cap, so RM + runes of speed is nuts. For the build in context RM is indeed weak due to low upkeep usage, but it's still worth considering just due to the other two traits being so minor.

@Undertow.2389 said:I believe the wiki is wrong about rising momentum, it definitely stacks with swiftness and is easily tested and verified. The thing is out of combat movement speed cap is reached with only a 40% boost so only a little higher than swiftness alone. But in combat you need a 100% boost to reach the cap, so RM + runes of speed is nuts. For the build in context RM is indeed weak due to low upkeep usage, but it's still worth considering just due to the other two traits being so minor.

This is true it stacks movement speed in combat; not sure out of combat as it’s hard to tell

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:This is my recommended foundational all-purpose Condi Herald build. You can tailor it for certain situations, but to me this is the most effective general layout:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApXmn3geNSuQvJRboHlsP0kS4I6SJ4EtrklTlJNgDeg9oomye92rH-jVw1AAw+DAA-w

Hey! Thanks for the reply. I am mainly looking for a build that can apply stacks of torment to a warclaw in WvW to dismount poeple, i have seen revs do it but i would kindly ask if your build can keep up with the mount so that you can drop a condi bomb on it. Looking for a roaming build where i can easilly dismount poeple like a soulbeast and heard revs do it too.

I don't get why you would not use sword and shield instead of staff but.

I was thinking full trailblazer but maybe trailblazer armor and weapons with dire trinkets to not overcap duration? You will have aboput 92%

Also why rising momentum when you got swiftness anyways?

Also, wouldn't renegade be better for condi or is that just me? Mace/Axe Shortbow? Something like this? http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApXlnfNWNSuJrJRHl/kskygS4S5QJorcrklTl6fEXxZUNDChTINAKgFA-jlyCQBeS1lp9EAowJAYjKhKoaEoUJIz2foiKfAwhAoe6DiHEAMpAWVpqqqkCw1daA-w

How is this? http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRApX8un3geNSuQvJRboHlsP0kS4I6SJ4EtrklTlxO94rPNgDeg9oomC-jVSHQBZUJIAeAAzT9HmdEA01+DC4gAEgTAQCV+NO9DkCoKdaA-w

Also, how would this compare to trailblazer mesmer as i realise if i want a torment bomb build that may be better lol.

@Undertow.2389 said:I believe the wiki is wrong about rising momentum, it definitely stacks with swiftness and is easily tested and verified. The thing is out of combat movement speed cap is reached with only a 40% boost so only a little higher than swiftness alone. But in combat you need a 100% boost to reach the cap, so RM + runes of speed is nuts. For the build in context RM is indeed weak due to low upkeep usage, but it's still worth considering just due to the other two traits being so minor.

Movespeed boosts don't stack, only the highest one takes effect.

@Anput.4620 said:Movespeed boosts don't stack, only the highest one takes effect.

And I'm saying this is wrong (at least in respect to rising momentum, things like swiftness and superspeed don't stack). You can easily test it yourself:

1. Enter combat with something.
  2. Give yourself swiftness from a non upkeep source (like rapid flow)
  3. Run around and note your speed
  4. Activate a 6 pt upkeep skill like vengeful hammers (this would be 30%)
  5. Notice the clear, large movement speed increase. If they didn't stack there would be no change.

This is true both with and without runes of speed, in combat. There is a hard movement speed cap which swiftness alone (even without runes of speed) almost reaches out of combat, so the stacking is very hard to notice. You need a far larger boost in combat to come close to the cap. The wiki isn't gospel in everything.

@Undertow.2389 said:

@Anput.4620 said:Movespeed boosts don't stack, only the highest one takes effect.

And I'm saying this is wrong (at least in respect to rising momentum, things like swiftness and superspeed don't stack). You can easily test it yourself:
  1. Enter combat with something.
  2. Give yourself swiftness from a non upkeep source (like rapid flow)
  3. Run around and note your speed
  4. Activate a 6 pt upkeep skill like vengeful hammers (this would be 30%)
  5. Notice the clear, large movement speed increase. If they didn't stack there would be no change.

This is true both with and without runes of speed,
in combat
. There is a hard movement speed cap which swiftness alone (even without runes of speed) almost reaches out of combat, so the stacking is very hard to notice. You need a far larger boost in combat to come close to the cap. The wiki isn't gospel in everything; it's maintained by players.

Movespeed really doesn't stack, just use any speed rune that increases it by 25% with swiftness and it doesn't work. I don't have a rev but it doesn't work on any speed boost i know off, like the warrior trait to move 25% faster with melee weapons.

@Anput.4620 said:Movespeed really doesn't stack, just use any speed rune that increases it by 25% with swiftness and it doesn't work. I don't have a rev but it doesn't work on any speed boost i know off, like the warrior trait to move 25% faster with melee weapons.

Rising Momentum is an exception. For others yes they don't stack.

@Undertow.2389 said:

@Anput.4620 said:Movespeed really doesn't stack, just use any speed rune that increases it by 25% with swiftness and it doesn't work. I don't have a rev but it doesn't work on any speed boost i know off, like the warrior trait to move 25% faster with melee weapons.

So it's a bug?

@"Anput.4620" said:So it's a bug?

Maybe, maybe not. I would say the trait would be pretty weak if it didn't stack when the legend that comes with the spec gives perma swiftness (non glint heralds are an extreme rarity). It's also not a "free", constant on thing. You have to "pay" for it by using upkeep skills, which means you aren't using energy for other abilities. The meta herald builds almost never have upkeep active for more than a few seconds for example.

@Undertow.2389 said:

@"Anput.4620" said:So it's a bug?

Maybe, maybe not. I would say the trait would be pretty weak if it didn't stack when the legend that comes with the spec gives perma swiftness (non glint heralds are an extreme rarity). It's also not a "free", constant on thing. You have to "pay" for it by using upkeep skills, which means you aren't using energy for other abilities. The meta herald builds almost never have upkeep active for more than a few seconds for example.

Why do i get told torment rev is bad though? Also wouldn't renegade be better for torment rev?

@Anput.4620 said:

So it's a bug?

It’s not a bug but a design decision. The patch notes from the Herald redesign explicitly say it stacks with other movement buffs, so it’s very much intended.

@Anput.4620 said:

@Anput.4620 said:So it's a bug?

Why do i get told torment rev is bad though? Also wouldn't renegade be better for torment rev?

Condi Rev is what one could call a balanced build with very clear counterplay, but unfortunately with the powercreep that has come into this game, that is not going to put you at an advantage. There are a lot of absurdly overtuned builds out there that will kitten on you for half the effort. It is not necessarily a hard build to play and can stomp noobs who don't know how to fight it, but against competent players of nearly any class, its weaknesses become much more apparent. Mace and axe, while powerful when they land, are both extremely telegraphed; all of the skills are extremely easy to avoid, so kite-heavy specs like s/d Thief and even power Herald can dance circles around you. You are very vulnerable to high CC specs because you have mediocre mobility, no to meager stability access, and Pain Absorption is a trash stunbreak. Cleanse is also powercrept in WvW, so it is very easy to feel invalidated despite all your efforts to damage. With that said, I am not trying to discourage you from playing it. It is a super fun spec to play and is not terrible by any means, just very outclassed in the current meta. If I had to rate it, I'd say it is a solid B-tier build. I find it shines better in small-scale fights because its AoE pressure can be brutal and its boonrip is very punishing.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

Condi Rev is what one could call a balanced build with very clear counterplay, but unfortunately with the powercreep that has come into this game, that is not going to put you at an advantage. There are a lot of absurdly overtuned builds out there that will kitten on you for half the effort. It is not necessarily a hard build to play and can stomp noobs who don't know how to fight it, but against competent players of nearly any class, its weaknesses become much more apparent. Mace and axe, while powerful when they land, are both extremely telegraphed; all of the skills are extremely easy to avoid, so kite-heavy specs like s/d Thief and even power Herald can dance circles around you. You are very vulnerable to high CC specs because you have mediocre mobility, no to meager stability access, and Pain Absorption is a trash stunbreak. Cleanse is also powercrept in WvW, so it is very easy to feel invalidated despite all your efforts to damage. With that said, I am not trying to discourage you from playing it. It is a super fun spec to play and is not terrible by any means, just very outclassed in the current meta. If I had to rate it, I'd say it is a solid B-tier build. I find it shines better in small-scale fights because its AoE pressure can be brutal and its boonrip is very punishing.

I just want to play a sustained condi damage build that is tanky and can dismount poeple with ease by dropping condi bombs.

@Anput.4620 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

I just want to play a sustained condi damage build that is tanky and can dismount poeple with ease by dropping condi bombs.

Might look into making a hybrid condi build; unrelenting assault on sword is excellent at dismounting people on pure power builds and with added condis to it through corruption would make it potentially even more reliable. Shiro can also work really well to chase mounted people and also provide great sustain for your build. Other legend would be Glint or Mallyx. Try retribution/corruption and either invocation or Herald. I hear torment runes are amazing for sustain too.

• 2 weeks later...

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApXpnfNuNSuJ7JRHlVlskyrS4SZWJorcsklTFR9SnTsHfWNNwhHA-jFyCQBe7FAws9HAwRAoiKXKo6PoUJY90DsRlUBASA2l6SA8cOnz5cOnzRnJnJn5ZemnpUAuuTD-w

Thats what i use. Note that i am basically locked in wep 1 set cuz theres literally no damage in staff and shortbow is a joke. Pretty much unkillable by anything apart from decent thief in 1v1 that i can ignore anyway (3,8k armor in EtD+10% reduction from food and insane regen lmao). Even scourge is a easy to deal with

@"Scoobaniec.9561" said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApXpnfNuNSuJ7JRHlVlskyrS4SZWJorcsklTFR9SnTsHfWNNwhHA-jFyCQBe7FAws9HAwRAoiKXKo6PoUJY90DsRlUBASA2l6SA8cOnz5cOnzRnJnJn5ZemnpUAuuTD-w

Thats what i use. Note that i am basically locked in wep 1 set cuz theres literally no damage in staff and shortbow is a joke. Pretty much unkillable by anything apart from decent thief in 1v1 that i can ignore anyway (3,8k armor in EtD+10% reduction from food and insane regen lmao). Even scourge is a easy to deal with

Why not sword on second set? Might aswell use the same set again too to proc sigils. Also, no elite spec? Why full trailblazer when just the armor is enough to reach torment duration cap where you can use the rest dire?

@Anput.4620 said:

@"Scoobaniec.9561" said:

Why not sword on second set? Might aswell use the same set again too to proc sigils. Also, no elite spec? Why full trailblazer when just the armor is enough to reach torment duration cap where you can use the rest dire?

Cause my build has literally 0 power dmg. Once you drop mace you also lose sustain on top of damage. I basically just use second mace to stack corruption sigil but if someone preffered to swap sigils i could see it working np. Armor alone is not enough to reach 100% condi cap and trailblazer gear has more stats in general.No elite cuz i dont like either option we have now. Both are support oritented. Core rev for condi is superior from my experience. But also harder to play

@"Scoobaniec.9561" said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApXpnfNuNSuJ7JRHlVlskyrS4SZWJorcsklTFR9SnTsHfWNNwhHA-jFyCQBe7FAws9HAwRAoiKXKo6PoUJY90DsRlUBASA2l6SA8cOnz5cOnzRnJnJn5ZemnpUAuuTD-w

Is Sigil of Cleansing bugged or something atm?

Because using the same sigil on both of your weapons doesn't provide double their effect--they share internal cd's. You should achieve the same in your build by having just a single Superior Sigil of Cleansing on your Axe; letting you run something like Torment, Hydromancy, or Bursting (or if you want the extra condi management, Purity or Generosity) on your other mace.

Hi, I'm not someone who "test numbers", so this are two real serious questions, so I can learn, in NO way my intention is to criticize.

1) Rising Momentum trait: increases movement speed. Is this just how fast I walk/run? or does it affect how fast I swing my weapon generating in extra attacks?

2) Why Demonic Defiance and not Venom Enhancement? Is it better 2 secs of resistance every 5 secs while in Mallyx than a stack of poison (constant reduced healing for your opponent) every 10 secs?

Thank you. :)