Invisible mount bug is severely game-breaking — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Invisible mount bug is severely game-breaking

The invisible mount bug where the camera doesn't move until your mount loads in is severely affecting my game experience. I get it every time I use teleport a certain distance or when I use a waypoint. It can easily take 5-10 or up to 30 seconds to show up and when I dismount I will be placed back where my camera is (at the waypoint). I've missed out on events or died countless of times as a result of this bug.

A lot of people claim this bug is fixed when using a mount skin so there has to be a fix for this for people who don't buy skins.

Comments

• Sicarine.3985Sicarine.3985 Member ✭✭
    edited May 16, 2019

This issue needs more visibility. I am 100% with you on this.

And yes. I got some mount skins. The bug does not occur on the skinned mounts but does on the defaults I still have (including griffon and jackal, grr)

• Andy.5981Andy.5981 Member ✭✭
    edited May 16, 2019

It is a very annoying bug, made even more annoying when you see another player whizzing past on a mount whilst you rotate into the ground and move forward on your invisible mount.

Clearly the game is reporting the other players position correctly and that they are on a mount, but not you.

Not a programmer, so not sure if this is technically possible, but shouldn't priority on the game client each player is running on their computer be to load their character on a mount before anyone else and then gradually render and display the other players as time permits?

• I have this issue constantly. It's annoying enough when playing alone, but when I'm in a train or meta event and get left behind because my mount apparently spawns underground, it is beyond frustrating.

• Karasu.9483Karasu.9483 Member ✭✭

Sounds like this issue is still globally prevalent. Can we get confirmation that this issue is on the bugtracker?

• LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

Only had it a few times, and only on the skimmer. And that was even with skins, so that doesnt solve the issue.

• @whoeverxwins.1279 said:
    I have this issue constantly. It's annoying enough when playing alone, but when I'm in a train or meta event and get left behind because my mount apparently spawns underground, it is beyond frustrating.

Yes, that happens a lot to me too. I would like to hear if there is a fix being worked on and when we'll get it.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.