Springer auto jump

I didn't watch the guild chat (never do), so it was quite a shock for me when I logged in yesterday. would have been nice if the change was in the patch notes.

I like that the charge time has been lowered, but I'm sure it didn't used to jump until I released the button and the auto jump just doesn't feel right to me. I wish there was an option to toggle that, even if it meant having a longer charge time.

@nottsgman.8206 said:I didn't watch the guild chat (never do), so it was quite a shock for me when I logged in yesterday. would have been nice if the change was in the patch notes.

I like that the charge time has been lowered, but I'm sure it didn't used to jump until I released the button and the auto jump just doesn't feel right to me. I wish there was an option to toggle that, even if it meant having a longer charge time.

I'm pretty sure it always jumped after fully charging. Just happens faster now.

The Springer now does a normal jump instead of a charged jump if the rider is moving. This only occurs while Conditional Mount Movement Ability Input is enabled. That is the option that condenses jumping and Mount Ability 1 into a single key. The charged jump ability roots the mount down and this disrupts the momentum of the Springer, even if it is just a light charged jump. If you want to use your charged jump with this option enabled, you just need to release your forward key before pressing space. I agree that it is a weird change, because the other mounts don't require a player to pause movement before pressing jump.

I don't really use Conditional Mount Movement Ability Input. I checked "Disable Conditional Mount Movement Ability Input" in the options. This makes my jump keybinding independent from my Mount Ability 1 keybinding. My Mount Ability 1 is assigned to Shift+Space instead. It lets me not waste the energy of my mount on slightly tall obstacles.

@nottsgman.8206 said:

@Asum.4960 said:I'm pretty sure it always jumped after fully charging. Just happens faster now.

I could be remembering wrong, admittedly, and it is the charge time that's throwing me off.

Yeah, it's going to take some getting used to, but it nice not to have to hold the key down forever to get the maximium jump height. It was mentioned in that video preview of the Skyscale...since they now had another mount that specialized in vertical ascent, they wanted to make the Springer faster so it would not become obsolete. I think it was a good choice...the Springer is a nice, faster climbing choice now, and while the Skyscale is awesome and versatile and interesting, it is a little cludgy if you are in a hurry.